Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Stags Match Thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/stags-match-thread-69928.html)

choirboy 03-04-2018 15:47

Re: Stags Match Thread

Over the years, as Stanley have risen through the leagues, our fans have always 'Self Policed' and been superb with only the rarest blips. These have been kicked off by 'imported' over officious stewards who don't know our fans...eg The Newcastle FA Cup Match a few years ago!
There is just one thing that I think our fans need to stop.....The Stupid Flares which could cost us a £20,000 fine!:(
Please stop this lads because we would then truly be the Perfect group of Supporting Fans to match any in the whole world.
:theband:

Twenty Eight 03-04-2018 15:48

I see loads of fans at away games that you couldn’t recognise as Stanley fans ....... other than them being in the away end and singing away.

choirboy 03-04-2018 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1211400)
I see loads of fans at away games that you couldn’t recognise as Stanley fans ....... other than them being in the away end and singing away.

Yes, true Twenty Eight.
On Monday our regular stewards at the approach to the Clayton End
were searching those who they didn't recognise and who weren't wearing red colours as the regulars do. They waved us regulars past as they know us well and trust us. The gate was over 3,000 which was super and obviously the extra 1500 Stanley fans probably don't have red scarves, hats etc but it is just great to have them here boosting our usual superb support.:wave8::s_gupjump:s_gupjump
IMHO our Stewards got it just right on Monday.

Twenty Eight 03-04-2018 17:28

I’ve been home and away with the club for two season - three with this one - and the club and it’s supporters are a credit.
However and please accept this from a Yorshireman with tongue firmly in cheek. Yesterday I ordered a meat and potato pie and a Bovril at the Clayton End. The lad behind the counter said sorry mate don’t know what you mean. I repeated the order much to the queues amusement.
Then he says what’s bovril we don’t sell it ?
I point to the sign that said Bovril £1. More laughs from the queue. He’s then told by a colleague what bovril is.
He passed me my pie then my bovril then says
Do you want sugar in it mate ?
Now you tell me that wasn’t taking the @@@@@ out of my accent ?
Happy days.

Exile on Spencer St 03-04-2018 18:38

Tha'll larn yer, 28.

Reminds me of an old Jasper Carrot routine about him and his mate inadvertently going in on the Stretford End when United were playing 'Burmingham Citoy'.
They survived the first half without drawing attention to themselves, even when City scored, only for his mate to shout across the half-time queue at the kiosk "Heh, Karret, they've got no keffin' Bovril"

Chimer 03-04-2018 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1211399)

There is just one thing that I think our fans need to stop.....The Stupid Flares which could cost us a £20,000 fine!:(

Couldn't agree more. I wonder - if people who care actually know who the numpty is, and if he goes by coach to away games, is there any chance the flares might be left behind in Accy? Or intercepted at the turnstiles at home?

KiTChener 03-04-2018 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1211394)
Completely false.

Since when did you have to wear a shirt of scarf to be a Stanley fan.

People don’t wear colours for a variety of reasons, not wearing them doesn’t suggest anything

Dav007, I see your strapline is still showing Cashman as 'Supporter of the year, 2014'.

Are you still promoting yourself as 'Prick of the year, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018' ???

Presuming you are no longer (un)official 'Fans Liason Officer' !!

With best wishes

Gerard (xxx)!!

Chimer 03-04-2018 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiTChener (Post 1211409)
Dav007, I see your strapline is still showing Cashman as 'Supporter of the year, 2014'.

Are you still promoting yourself as 'Prick of the year, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018' ???

With best wishes

Gerard (xxx)!!

No fair! For at least a couple of years Dav has totally failed :eek: to maintain the standards ;) he set back in the day, and indeed is now close to being a sensible member of the community :).

Let bygones be bygones :gooddog:

KiTChener 03-04-2018 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1211410)
No fair! For at least a couple of years Dav has totally failed :eek: to maintain the standards ;) he set back in the day, and indeed is now close to being a sensible member of the community :).

Let bygones be bygones :gooddog:

Sorry, Chimer, if you feel I am being unfair towards Dav, but even you will have to admit that his track record is not great! Just could not resist a dig!!
Am prepared to let bygones be bygones, as long as he does not post such b****cks on current posts!

Cheeers......

Geeeerard!!!

DAV007 04-04-2018 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiTChener (Post 1211409)

With best wishes

Gerard (xxx)!!

Can I put this forward for forum contribution of the year 2018?

DAV007 04-04-2018 20:19

If your going to judge people on their appearance and the stewards are going to selectively target people based on their clothing or lack of, you may wish to check the legal status of such actions.

KiTChener 04-04-2018 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1211438)
Can I put this forward for forum contribution of the year 2018?

If you can manipulate the voting as you did for FLO, then I will surely win!!

Kind regards
Gerard

choirboy 05-04-2018 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1211439)
If your going to judge people on their appearance and the stewards are going to selectively target people based on their clothing or lack of, you may wish to check the legal status of such actions.

Perhaps you should try turning up NAKED Dav!

I hope that you would still get thoroughly searched!
:130:

DAV007 08-04-2018 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiTChener (Post 1211448)
If you can manipulate the voting as you did for FLO, then I will surely win!!

Kind regards
Gerard

Please provide some evidence

Kiwi John 09-04-2018 05:53

...oh how I wish Somerset would chime in now...could do with a laugh..