Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Free the McDonalds' One! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/free-the-mcdonalds-one-69948.html)

Div3North 06-04-2018 12:49

Free the McDonalds' One!

From the BBC Sports Website;

"Accrington Stanley owner Andy Holt can continue to buy players burgers but the League Two leaders have been "reminded of their responsibilities" around bonuses by the English Football League.

Holt said he gives the team £200 to get "McDonald's or the like" if they win.The EFL had questioned the deal, which is not part of the standard player contract, to check it met regulations.

"The club's response confirmed that no contractual provisions exist to support payments in this manner," the EFL said.

"However, EFL regulations do not prohibit the provision of subsistence and as long as the club adopts a consistent approach for all matches, and arrangements are not linked to success on the pitch, the club can continue to make appropriate provision.

"The EFL has reminded the club of its responsibilities in relation to meeting EFL Regulations. It is a matter for the club to ensure it complies with all appropriate HMRC guidance regarding such matters."

Now Then; :eek:

A Subject for Debate; :hehetable:hehetable:hehetable

Would you buy the team a burger if they lost? :confused::confused::confused:

(please note that "one, to share among the whole team" will not be deemed an acceptable answer :p)

choirboy 06-04-2018 18:39

Re: Free the McDonalds' One!

Just tell the EFL to 'Burger Off!':D

Outback Ozzy 06-04-2018 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1211512)
Just tell the EFL to 'Burger Off!':D

Pretty much what the whole of the country, regardless of which team they support, is saying. I reckon this has been good publicity in a round about way for the club.

Exile on Spencer St 06-04-2018 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy (Post 1211513)
Pretty much what the whole of the country, regardless of which team they support, is saying. I reckon this has been good publicity in a round about way for the club.

Not as good as it's been for burger sellers.

maccawozzagod 06-04-2018 20:08

Is it me or is it not just simple to say that we buy their tea irrespective of the result, but if they win they get to choose what they have.

Chimer 06-04-2018 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 1211518)
Is it me or is it not just simple to say that we buy their tea irrespective of the result, but if they win they get to choose what they have.

Yes, with the default food "healthy" :eek:

LongLostSon 06-04-2018 22:39

suggested pre-match teamtalk : " come off the pitch without 3 points and you lot have had your chips ". I'll fetch me coat.

monkey hanger 07-04-2018 07:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1211515)
Not as good as it's been for burger sellers.

feel sorry for burger king as they have missed out on this great national scandal that surrouds stanley.

AccyMad 07-04-2018 09:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy (Post 1211513)

With the exception of, you guessed it, Stevenage fans - parping on about Stanley 'breaking the rules & getting away with it again' . . . . . . . . . yawn, yawn!!

monkey hanger 07-04-2018 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1211545)
With the exception of, you guessed it, Stevenage fans - parping on about Stanley 'breaking the rules & getting away with it again' . . . . . . . . . yawn, yawn!!

whats wrong with these people. killed off our last two promotion bids and still not happy. not exactly local rivals are we.

DaveinGermany 07-04-2018 15:59

Another away win so I assumme Mr Holt will be re-offending again. :D

dabeast 07-04-2018 16:44

Point is 'the club' don't buy the burgers anyway: Andy pays for them from his own personal money. Has anyone else seen the funding page set up for mcd's for the team?? https://www.gofundme.com/mc-donalds-for-stanley

choirboy 07-04-2018 17:35

ENJOY!:hehetable

dabeast 07-04-2018 18:17

Best single piece of p.r. I have seen from the club:https://mobile.twitter.com/ASFCoffic...68153216958465

LongLostSon 08-04-2018 09:25

I wonder if the Commercial Team have tapped up Mackydees for a sponsorship package. Twitter photo lends itsel to proclaiming their burgers feed Champions !