Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   RIP John Demaine (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/rip-john-demaine-69958.html)

stanleyhouse 12-04-2018 17:28

RIP John Demaine

I heard today that John Demaine has died. He worked so hard as Director, Commercial manager etc for Stanley and will be sadly missed by all who knew him. He'll be looking down on us on Saturday.
On Stanley On.

cashman 12-04-2018 19:15

Re: RIP John Demaine

Aware he aint been able to attend for awhile, its a crying shame he won't be able to witness the result of this great season imho.R.I.P.

maccawozzagod 12-04-2018 20:19

RIP John.

Many a good tribute paid to him on the memories page shows the kind of esteem he was held in

AccyMad 12-04-2018 20:31

Such sad news, to my mind there's now only one person the new stand should be named after :(

ferret man 12-04-2018 20:34

Another one of the nicer guys just left the planet, worked with John over 50 years ago at Black and White on Hyndburn Rd. My sincere condolences to all his family. R.I.P. J.D.

mab 12-04-2018 23:08

:( RIP My condolences to his family and friends :(

Accyborn 13-04-2018 06:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferret man (Post 1211740)
Another one of the nicer guys just left the planet, worked with John over 50 years ago at Black and White on Hyndburn Rd. My sincere condolences to all his family. R.I.P. J.D.

Not a Stanley post ferret man, but what did Black and White produce?

pifco 13-04-2018 07:47

Sad to hear about John although he had been suffering for some time, but as it has already been said it's a great pity he hadn't lived to see this great season out. No doubt he will keep an eye on us from up yonder. R.I.P. John it was great knowing you.

Phil Whalley 13-04-2018 11:57

My condolences also to John's family. I liked John's style, laconic and unflappable, and he was always very helpful. I remember when I was putting together the pictoral history and I was in his smoke-filled portacabin with Dave Hargreaves, having just received a rant from Eric, who thought I was trying to profit from the club's name. John looked at me with a kind of 'don't worry he does that to everyone' look, and I was leaving he gave me a wink and a supportive arm on the shoulder and said, "I'll sort it out, Phil, don't worry." And sure enough, we had a launch in the clubhouse and we sold plenty of copies in the shop. After that we always had a chat whenever our paths crossed. A genuinely nice chap and a terrific club servant.

cashman 25-04-2018 14:09

A great turnout this afternoon for Johns Funeral, hope it gives his family a bit of solace, in the high regard he was held in.

ferret man 25-04-2018 20:52

A decent turn out and very good service

KiTChener 25-04-2018 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1212558)
A great turnout this afternoon for Johns Funeral, hope it gives his family a bit of solace, in the high regard he was held in.

Knew of John, rather than personally, would have been there today to show my respects, other than prior appointment regarding my late wife.

My condolences to family & friends.

Gerard