Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Exeter City Match Thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/exeter-city-match-thread-69963.html)

mab 13-04-2018 22:45

Exeter City Match Thread

:) There will be a minute's applause for our former director John Demaine before tomorrow's match. John was an integral part of our rise from non-league football into the Football League.
Without people like John, we wouldn't be where we are today. Head to Head Stanley 7 wins 1 draw and 11 defeats Accrington Stanley/Exeter City head to head ? Results Website The match officials for this game will be:-
Referee: Oliver Langford
Assistant Referees: Robert Merchant and Mark Dwyer
Fourth Official: Anthony Backhouse http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrIR...BaTPnz5LbDrPs- Stanley expected to be unchanged while Exeter are waiting fitness tests on a couple of injured players before naming there team :)

cashman 14-04-2018 08:46

Re: Exeter City Match Thread

For me this will probably be our toughest game of the season, Exeter need 3pts even more than we do, But i have faith in the lads to create "History" today K.T.F.

VALAIRIAN 14-04-2018 09:40

Really hope we can create - and keep - an atmosphere today :theband::theband::wave8::wave8::wave8:

Stevenage game felt very tense and nervy.......

:) :) :)

Greeny 14-04-2018 09:41

Well, todays the day we have been waiting for ,lets hope all goes to plan . All that remains for me to say is COME ON YOU REDS , BE LOUD AND PROUD. What ever happens , we proud of you.

Chewbacca 14-04-2018 09:46

Surprised this has not sold out being a massive game, although there has been virtually no promotion of the fact until yesterday.

Someone is badly needed to deal with the promotional and commercial side of things at the club.

choirboy 14-04-2018 09:48

Could this be the biggest match in the history of Accrington Stanley FC?:idunno:

It certainly is MASSIVE!:alright:

Stanley will need to be at their best in all departments on the pitch against an in form Exeter team also aiming for a top three spot.

The STANLEY SUPPORT IS CRUCIAL TO THE PERFORMANCE TODAY and once again we can all play our part........:theband::s_gupjump:wave8::rose8::jimbo:

In the stands and on the terraces we need to be THE BEST THAT WE HAVE EVER BEEN.......
LOUDER THAN EVER.......:theband::jimbo:
MORE COLOURFUL THAN EVER.........:wave8::jimbo:
SINGING.. ......SHOUTING.........AND ENCOURAGING OUR TEAM ON TO VICTORY!
:theband::jimbo:

ON STANLEY ON.....
TO GREATER GLORIES!:signbeer:

WHAT AN AMAZING STORY THIS IS!:theband:

KEEP THE FAITH!
:rose8::wave8::drink:

Greeny 14-04-2018 09:59

Choirboy , you should be in the changing rooms giving a pre match voice to the team.

monkey hanger 14-04-2018 10:30

[QUOTE=VALAIRIAN;1211822

Stevenage game felt very tense and nervy......

think its different today as its not the last game of the season with everything on it. being stevenage i imagine a lot were more than worried about the result. if it does not happen today its going too either tuesday or next saturday. lets be noisy and relaxed today.

cashman 14-04-2018 10:42

My mate posted on another site the irony of todays match, twas the match that never was in March 62.

choirboy 14-04-2018 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greeny (Post 1211829)
Choirboy , you should be in the changing rooms giving a pre match voice to the team.

I wish I was still young enough to be in there PLAYING for the team!:thefinger
But hey! We can still play our part from the sidelines giving the boys all the support we can offer!:theband:
COME ON YOU REDS.
:wave8::rose8:
I reckon that our old mate REDRAINE will be urging the team on from up above........ He would be just loving this!
:rose8:

cashman 14-04-2018 10:47

Redraine and Geoff me owd mate from the peel park days, still miss em both,

football19 14-04-2018 12:42

In Mexico and just woke up nervous!!
Think if we control Stockley and limit the crosses,then I think we will nick it.
Good team Exeter,just hope they don’t turn up today!!
Wish my old sparring partner,Redraine,was there,Acci lad thro and thro,we may have had differences on football,it never got personal.
KTF boys!!!!

Kiwi John 14-04-2018 14:23

&#&%#*%&#**(#$(*%#*%#*%#*%$

Kiwi John 14-04-2018 14:40

Yesssssss

Kiwi John 14-04-2018 15:39

C'mon STANLEY

Kiwi John 14-04-2018 15:54

****** :(:(

cashman 14-04-2018 16:26

Good game 2 good sides today, Thought we created more, but cant complain about result they worked hard enough for a point did Exeter. imho

Wynonie Harris 14-04-2018 16:38

So, we need one point to be sure of an automatic place?

dabeast 14-04-2018 16:44

Two to be sure, one plus goal difference. But worse finish now fourth and exeter have to win all their games

chevyfire 14-04-2018 16:50

Fair game and fair result. Stanley started well, Exeter scored when they had a good spell. Second half, we put lots of pressure on Exeter but they where good on counter attack. Exeter where worthy opponents. Billy didn't win much today but his strike partner Kayden caused a lot of trouble for Exeters defence including scoring an excellent goal. Some of distribution wasn't up to usual standard but I thought we did ok under the expectation. An honourable mention for Scott brown who buzzes around well and Seamus who kept us calm. Exeter caused are defence alot more problems than some other side's. Fan wise I wish we could get some of the younger fans singing for the full 90 minutes! Atmosphere was good today though and think the flags at start and singing before game added to the event. Let's win on Tuesday night.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

dabeast 14-04-2018 16:51

Exeter best side I've seen at Wham this season. Stanley were nervy in first half, second half much better.

cashman 14-04-2018 16:54

Thought any one of our lads today coulda been MOM and no-one coulda complained.

KiTChener 14-04-2018 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by dabeast (Post 1211857)
Two to be sure, one plus goal difference. But worse finish now fourth and exeter have to win all their games

And we lose all ours, presumably?
The permutations are giving me brain-ache!

dabeast 14-04-2018 17:09

If exeter drop any points we are promoted regardless of our results kitchener

cashman 14-04-2018 18:12

Just read Exeters matchday thread on their forum, overall a very fair assesment of todays game, the side i thought were one of the best and fairest ive seen this season, hope they make it. its a good place to go is Exeter.

football19 14-04-2018 18:59

I will enjoy my beer tonight!!,good team Exeter and in Stockley,have a player with good movement to create half a chance.
Knew it would be difficult if they turned up,and it sounds like they did !!!
Just need yonmons unbiased match report :)

Lord Didsbury 14-04-2018 20:00

Scott Brown, Callum Johnson, Kayden Jackson.

These are a few of my favourite things.

Twenty Eight 14-04-2018 20:01

Mightily impressed with Kane Wilson today (no 22) you could see his pedigree come through.
How on earth he can’t walk in that West Brom side is beyond me.
Exeter are a good side.
On to the next one ...........

Tom D 14-04-2018 20:09

Donacien looked like he was struggling throughout second half - wonder if was caring an injury from the start. Glad kayden got a goal. Really looking forward to Tuesday night now.

choirboy 14-04-2018 20:29

It was a very even matched affair today....:idunno:
Two good sides wanting to play football but both with a physical presence which lead very much to a cancelling out effect for much of the match.....
There was a great pre-match atmosphere and I really enjoyed seeing the flags and banners back on display as the teams came out.:theband::jimbo:
It was a well respected minute of applause for John De Maine before the kick off applauded 100% by the Exeter fans too which was really nice to see.:thumbsup:
Stanley started the stronger
but Exeter scored first with really their first decent attack. Stanley dug in though and got a well deserved equaliser through the "Lightning legs" of Kayden Jackson. :theband:
After half time the match developed into an 'End to End' process and both sides had opportunities to increase their goal tally. Both goal keepers played their part in keeping the score level.
In reality I suppose that a draw was always going to be the likely outcome with both sides playing with so much at stake.

Stanley can take solace in the fact that we stopped Exeter making any progress on us by denying them three points and we can now look forward to another chance to achieve promotion on Tuesday night against Yeovil.:wave8::rose8:
I hope that the fans turn out on Tuesday in as good numbers as they have done in the last two home matches in order to help our team get over that line!:theband:
ON STANLEY ON:wave8:
KEEP THE FAITH
:theband::jimbo:

smudgie 14-04-2018 20:47

Well my first game in a few months and an enjoyable day out....... Nice to get some Vitamin D in the old cow shed for once !

Thought a draw was a fair result, both teams edged each half in my humble opinion.

Was massively impressed with Scott Brown in the middle, showed some wonderful touches. Basically ran the game for a period, a joy to watch for me on occasion.

Not quite sure what game boy wonder Mcconville was playing today, but it certainly wasnt football. Absolutely dreadful for me today, the amount of crosses that hit the first man was unbelievable along with wayward free kicks. Not a good day at the office , along with Kee, who for me looked knackered after an hour ?

Keep that champaigne on ice !

yonmon 14-04-2018 21:11

In total agreement that two very good teams cancelled each other out and rightly shared the points !
The day was made all the better for meeting up again with that 100% winger who scored the winning goal in Stanley's first game following their reformation , and one of the nicest chaps you could wish to meet... Alan Davies !.
My chat with him and his lovely wife Marilyn was a joy !.... and they both shared in the excitement we were all privileged to feel in this afternoon's game !.

ON STANLEY !... ON ... TO GREATER THINGS !!

AccyMad 14-04-2018 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 1211856)
So, we need one point to be sure of an automatic place?

Yep!

AccyMad 14-04-2018 22:34

Think Exeter were the best side Stanley have faced this season & tbh, a draw was probably a fair result.
Having said that, I think the hype around this game got to our lads - in my honest opinion & whilst it was good too see the ground packed, I would much rather we'd had the usual 1300'ish crowd & it had been treated as a 'normal' game - never mind lads, we go again on Tuesday & will hopefully sew it up :)

monkey hanger 15-04-2018 07:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1211869)
Just read Exeters matchday thread on their forum, overall a very fair assesment of todays game, the side i thought were one of the best and fairest ive seen this season, hope they make it. its a good place to go is Exeter.

agree cashy. although it was a draw yesterday football was the winner.

yonmon 15-04-2018 08:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie (Post 1211882)
Well my first game in a few months and an enjoyable day out....... Nice to get some Vitamin D in the old cow shed for once !

Thought a draw was a fair result, both teams edged each half in my humble opinion.

Was massively impressed with Scott Brown in the middle, showed some wonderful touches. Basically ran the game for a period, a joy to watch for me on occasion.

Not quite sure what game boy wonder Mcconville was playing today, but it certainly wasnt football. Absolutely dreadful for me today, the amount of crosses that hit the first man was unbelievable along with wayward free kicks. Not a good day at the office , along with Kee, who for me looked knackered after an hour ?

Keep that champaigne on ice !

Agree with you Smudgie ....

The Golden One was slightly tarnished against the Grecians !... some Brasso applied with an oily rag before Tuesday evening MIGHT restore his brilliance ?.

( AccyMad will love this riposte !).

KTF!.

andyd 15-04-2018 09:41

Very good advert for league 2 football 2 good footballing sides that went for the points in the end a draw was a fair result Sotty Brown has been good recently but yesterday was immense and would have been my mom, said earlier in a thread thought 86 points would be enough to get us over the line now its 85 but hopefully a win Tuesday night will put the gloss on a marvellous season.

cashman 15-04-2018 10:45

Just noticed a post from a Rotherham fan on the introduce you section of the forum, wishing us well for the Exeter match, much appreciated by me anyway.:)

Twenty Eight 15-04-2018 13:22

85 points has always been the target for me.

ossy kid 16-04-2018 15:41

Don't be cheap 28, sitting here with the sun belting down, the sea crashing waves on the shore and a couple of drinks waiting, there's no doubt in my mind, we will be in the 90+.
This is the best Stanley team since the bunch of lads who began all this saga in 1970.
I think maybe I've already had too much to drink. "Wahtvere hpapnes" It's brilliant Stanley div 1, Championship here we come. Incidentally yesterday was the 12th anniversary of the win which took us back in to the football league.

Twenty Eight 16-04-2018 16:50

Excuse me ? Cheap ?
Think about it. 85 the target to get up. How many we get is another thing.
Calm down ! Let’s get in League One first.

ossy kid 16-04-2018 19:38

Calm down??? not for the next couple of weeks, I think most of us are on a high ride, having been a Stanley man since 1955 and there in 62 and 69 I think we have a right to be "egggstatic", it's amazing.