Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Crown car park steps (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/crown-car-park-steps-69966.html)

keep the faith 16-04-2018 11:06

Crown car park steps

I wonder if there are any plans to look at the metal steps leading from the ground to the Crown car park. After the match on Saturday it was quite a bottleneck in that area, with what looked like a couple of hundred people or more all trying to climb the steps. We even had one pillock coming down them which added to the problem. On health and safety grounds, are these steps able to bear the weight of all these people at once and because of their slippery surface, if anyone did slip and fall this could perhaps cause an avalanche of bodies. It could be a matter of ownership. Would it not be a good idea to open up a gate at the far end of the Clayton end car park to relieve some of the pressure from the steps bottleneck?

cashman 16-04-2018 11:16

Re: Crown car park steps

Those steps are too narrow, same every match but even worse when a bigger gate, the solution would be to double the width of them, there is room enough to do it, if the "Will" is there. imho.

widnes viking 16-04-2018 12:41

What was the deal with the food van on the Crown car park?

I suspect it was nothing to do with the club and the club will no doubt lose takings to it.

ferret man 16-04-2018 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1211945)
Those steps are too narrow, same every match but even worse when a bigger gate, the solution would be to double the width of them, there is room enough to do it, if the "Will" is there. imho.

Will is there He's behind the bar in the crown

keep the faith 16-04-2018 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferret man (Post 1211950)
Will is there He's behind the bar in the crown

You don't happen to be the guy walking DOWN the steps after Saturdays game do you?

cashman 16-04-2018 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by keep the faith (Post 1211951)
You don't happen to be the guy walking DOWN the steps after Saturdays game do you?

Wasn't him eric.

Mr T 16-04-2018 14:29

The "ownership" of the Crown steps is a "grey area"; I suspect they belong to the pub.

In the 70's the pub closed the way of entry to the ground. The access again was closed when the pub was being refurbished last year.

The burger van on the Crown car park was definately organised by the Crown.

We did look at opening the gates onto Haworth Street but again poor parking made this impossible. This hopefully we can resolve for the next home games.

cashman 16-04-2018 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 1211955)

We did look at opening the gates onto Haworth Street but again poor parking made this impossible. This hopefully we can resolve for the next home games.

That would certainly improve things.lets hope its done.:)

Lord Stiffupperlip 16-04-2018 16:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by keep the faith (Post 1211944)
I wonder if there are any plans to look at the metal steps leading from the ground to the Crown car park. After the match on Saturday it was quite a bottleneck in that area, with what looked like a couple of hundred people or more all trying to climb the steps. Would it not be a good idea to open up a gate at the far end of the Clayton end car park to relieve some of the pressure from the steps bottleneck?

Fully agree KTF! Exile & I said exactly the same as we waited patiently to exit the Clayton End on Saturday.
Success has brought it's own problems - long queues for toilets & kiosks is one thing, but this is an accident waiting to happen.
Thankfully, everyone kept calm, but anyone of a nervous disposition or suffering from claustrophobia could have been panic-stricken in the crush.
With home areas reaching capacity, I think it's time the club gave this problem urgent attention before any serious incident occurs.

keep the faith 16-04-2018 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip (Post 1211966)
Fully agree KTF! Exile & I said exactly the same as we waited patiently to exit the Clayton End on Saturday.
Success has brought it's own problems - long queues for toilets & kiosks is one thing, but this is an accident waiting to happen.
Thankfully, everyone kept calm, but anyone of a nervous disposition or suffering from claustrophobia could have been panic-stricken in the crush.
With home areas reaching capacity, I think it's time the club gave this problem urgent attention before any serious incident occurs.

I agree entirely your Lordship, it's an accident waiting to happen.

Lord Stiffupperlip 16-04-2018 16:45

In addition to an exit via the Clayton End car park, the best option would be a low-incline concrete ramp running sideways from a landing at the Crown pub level down toward the entrance to the club bar.
Would also allow for easier wheelchair access.
Surely there are grants available for improving disabled access?

ferret man 16-04-2018 17:35

Don't panic all this will sort itself out once we are promoted.

Mr T 16-04-2018 17:41

I 'm sure there are grants for such facilities;

However we need all the grants we have available to assist in the new Whinney Hill stand.

I would also suspect a ramp with a gentle slope for wheel chairs from the Crown car park would end up being that long it would end up in the Clayton End goalmouth and block access to the new Clayton End car park!!

ASFC want to use Haworth St more BUT we need to keep everybody on side and there are other things being planned.

As Coley says KTF

cashman 16-04-2018 17:55

So then is nothing being resolved for the next home game then?

Mr T 16-04-2018 18:08

Be patient !!

If the "plan" gets out the "NIMBY's" will be giving the girls grief from 9am tomorrow.

Social media is Ok; but "burgergate" has caused hours of work over a "happy tweet"!

I'd rather pick up crap, clean the ground, help the girls sell tickets than have a local resident give us 30 mins grief in reception.

We've had a complaint from somebody on First Avenue, "that it was rather busy on Saturday"!!:rolleyes: Can "we" sort it!!!
Yes Sir; buy an ticket and "join in"!!

All; please take this as all light hearted fun !!:)