Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Pitch and Ground Improvements summer 2018? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/pitch-and-ground-improvements-summer-2018-a-69986.html)

choirboy 23-04-2018 12:31

Pitch and Ground Improvements summer 2018?

Well, only one more match at home v Lincoln at the end of a momentous season 2017/18 for the Stanley!

I am just wondering if we can bring together on here a few points and consider the on going proposals by Andy and The Board for improvements to the ground?

I do think it could be quite important to get things right as we are very likely to have some larger groups of ' Away Supporters' visiting us.
This is going to raise questions regarding a number of things such as;
....Stewarding, and possible extra Policing.
....Facilities for travelling fans such as toilets and food outlets. A roof!
....Access onto and away from the ground.
....The Crown Car Park Steps
....Car Parking

Also where are we now regarding;
....The new plans for 'The Whinney Hill Stand'?
....The New 'Office' and the Green Gates/access from Whalley Road.

What about the pitch?
.....It has been relaid every summer, very promptly at the end of the last three seasons.(I think).

I hope that we can get it all looking good and working as well as we can for next season!

Any inside Information anyone?

choirboy 23-04-2018 12:43

Re: Pitch and Ground Improvements summer 2018?

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1212424)
Well, only one more match at home v Lincoln at the end of a momentous season 2017/18 for the Stanley!

I am just wondering if we can bring together on here a few points and consider the on going proposals by Andy and The Board for improvements to the ground?

I do think it could be quite important to get things right as we are very likely to have some larger groups of ' Away Supporters' visiting us.
....Car Parking

What about the pitch?
.....It has been relaid every summer, very promptly at the end of the last three seasons.(I think).

I hope that we can get it all looking good and working as well as we can for next season!

Just thought...
....Players and referees changing rooms.

Chimer 23-04-2018 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1212427)

Just thought...
....Players and referees changing rooms.

I don't think it would be fair to deny Sunderland the portakabin experience :D

Exile on Spencer St 23-04-2018 17:36

Or the pleasure of 'safe standing' in the rain.:rolleyes:

Accyborn 24-04-2018 07:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1212424)

....Car Parking

What about the pitch?

No inside information. Just hope they don't buy a second-hand stand.

cashman 24-04-2018 07:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyborn (Post 1212457)
No inside information. Just hope they don't buy a second-hand stand.

The trouble with the last second hand stand, was no-one had the nouce to check if it would be suitable for the job. if they had it wouldn't have been bought imho The fact transportation costs were not considered is one big factor.

choirboy 24-04-2018 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1212461)
The trouble with the last second hand stand, was no-one had the nouce to check if it would be suitable for the job. if they had it wouldn't have been bought imho The fact transportation costs were not considered is one big factor.

1962!...We'll Never Forget!:mad:

NEVER AGAIN!:enough:

Under Andy Holt we won't make that kind of mistake again...

Just look though how far we have come in the last twenty five years or so....:jimbo::mosher:

The big break through for me was getting into the first round of the FA Cup in 1992 with the wonderful free scoring team led up front by Paul Beck.....
:theband:

Oooh aah, Cantonna.....
By 'eck, Paul Beck!
:theband::wave8::drink:

choirboy 24-04-2018 11:52

Just looked it up, to remind me, it was actually 2nd Round FA Cup reached at Ewood Park.....Taken from the Fishy site 'History and Honours' section;

1992-93 Stanley reach the Second Round Proper of the FA Cup. A Paul Beck hat trick secures victory for Stanley in the First Round against Gateshead, watched by 2,270 at the Crown Ground. Sadly Stanley lose 6-1 against Crewe Alexandria in the following round played at Blackburn’s Ewood Park ground, cheered on by 10,801 – the highest FA Cup attendance of the day.:theband: I thought that Burnley v Bournemouth was slightly higher that day?
Rovers and their fans were very good to us that day and we had a great day out in spite of the result! We haven't looked back since....
ON STANLEY ON

But back to our "New" ground....any news about further changes yet?

Wynonie Harris 24-04-2018 15:14

The club have been to look at a stand at Salford City's ground with a view to buying a similar one. It's one of those modular ones - nothing fancy, but it'll suit our needs. Mr T knows more about it.

Lord Stiffupperlip 24-04-2018 16:24

We can look forward to welcoming some big clubs next season.
Teams visiting Accrington for the 1st time & bringing their own army of fans to swell our coffers.
We need to make their visit as enjoyable as possible & that means providing facilities comparable with League 1 standards, albeit on a smaller scale.
Hopefully, any new stand will incorporate proper toilet & catering facilities for away fans, as well as shelter from foul weather.
Our infamous Portaloos, canned beer & pie-free catering for away fans must be consigned to history once & for all.
The last thing we want is the same criticism that dogged us during our time in League 2, when travelling fans decided that 1 visit to the Wham was more than enough!

stanleyhouse 24-04-2018 21:44

Stanley have been nominated for the "away fan experience award for League 2" this season. I'll find out if we won next week.

KiTChener 25-04-2018 02:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanleyhouse (Post 1212526)
Stanley have been nominated for the "away fan experience award for League 2" this season. I'll find out if we won next week.

Sure the result will be out ''next week''?
Too late for April 1st!!:):)

widnes viking 25-04-2018 08:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 1212484)
The club have been to look at a stand at Salford City's ground with a view to buying a similar one. It's one of those modular ones - nothing fancy, but it'll suit our needs. Mr T knows more about it.

They showed that going up on the fly on the wall documentary they did on Salford City. As I remember it was quick to erect and looked quite smart.

widnes viking 25-04-2018 08:38

https://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz=..._D-3se0BF7TxM:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz=...SPd8rVQZVz53M:

monkey hanger 25-04-2018 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by widnes viking (Post 1212539)
They showed that going up on the fly on the wall documentary they did on Salford City. As I remember it was quick to erect and looked quite smart.

yes it does look smart and would fit in with the rest of the ground. being quick to erect is a plus for us as well.

Fourth official 25-04-2018 09:34

Still have Charlie Cooper's no.8 shirt in a drawer somewhere from that day at Ewood.

cashman 25-04-2018 11:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1212547)
yes it does look smart and would fit in with the rest of the ground. being quick to erect is a plus for us as well.

If the funds are available would be a great plus if twas suitable.:)

Chewbacca 25-04-2018 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip (Post 1212486)
We can look forward to welcoming some big clubs next season.
Teams visiting Accrington for the 1st time & bringing their own army of fans to swell our coffers.
We need to make their visit as enjoyable as possible & that means providing facilities comparable with League 1 standards, albeit on a smaller scale.
Hopefully, any new stand will incorporate proper toilet & catering facilities for away fans, as well as shelter from foul weather.
Our infamous Portaloos, canned beer & pie-free catering for away fans must be consigned to history once & for all.
The last thing we want is the same criticism that dogged us during our time in League 2, when travelling fans decided that 1 visit to the Wham was more than enough!

The majority of teams expected to be in League 1 next year have played us recently.

I think as the majority of fans are in the clayton end, which can't cope on busy days, it is still badly in need of improvement. The last improvements were helpful, but are now looking unambitious.

BTW my season ticket is wrecked by the weather, anyone know what number should be left for Sat?

ferret man 25-04-2018 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by widnes viking (Post 1212539)

Think they use those little blue rivets

KiTChener 25-04-2018 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferret man (Post 1212574)
Think they use those little blue rivets

Think I could do with some of those!!

Chrisr 25-04-2018 21:56

As a club we need to rethink some of our service to customers home or away because that is what we all are. We need away fans to spread a good word about the wham. Catering facilities need to be upgraded and even have people at various points around the ground at half time selling food and drinks. we have to realise that we really do need bigger attendances at home matches to survive in League 1. 2-3000 would be enough to keep us afloat.

KiTChener 25-04-2018 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1212567)

BTW my season ticket is wrecked by the weather, anyone know what number should be left for Sat?

Sorry, mate, I have had to miss a few this season, so it could be any one of

01 06 07 21 or 23

Hope this helps! Or contact Mr.T!:):)

duckworth 26-04-2018 07:05

i've only got number 21 left

Mr T 26-04-2018 08:08

Yes it no 21 on Saturday

Chewbacca 26-04-2018 18:52

Thanks, thought it may be, mine is lost :(

choirboy 01-05-2018 12:29

Anyone know if our pitch has been 'ripped up' yet?
It has been promptly dug up straight after the last home match in the previous three seasons!
Any more news on other developments regarding the Whinney Hill Stand, away end facilities etc?:)

Exile on Spencer St 01-05-2018 12:31

Choirboy, get yourself a sledge-hammer and get down to the ground; you're obviously 'itching' to see the scrattin' sheds go.;)

cashman 01-05-2018 12:33

No idea but heard the equipment for removing the cowshed is being put in place.

ferret man 01-05-2018 13:11

Started on the pitch Monday morn

cashman 01-05-2018 13:36

Just been past n had a sneck, not a blade of grass left on pitch,:D

Chimer 01-05-2018 14:21

Anyone think we should now start fretting about what the stadium requirements are for the Championship? :eek:;):D

cashman 01-05-2018 14:25

Eh chimer reckon the euros will be even stricter?:D

Chimer 01-05-2018 14:31

Positive waves, Cashy, positive waves!

cashman 01-05-2018 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1212942)
Positive waves, Cashy, positive waves!

Why not? ive seen it, but still struggling to believe it.:)

fatgaz182 01-05-2018 18:02

Pitch on Monday about half two.

https://i.imgur.com/stPJRoH.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/GjedIy7.jpg

Stand Plans.

https://i.imgur.com/TZMSmvf.png

https://i.imgur.com/VNRmMYl.png

choirboy 01-05-2018 18:50

Super photos Fatgaz182.:jimbo:
Just love the Big boys Tonka Toys.
Wish I could come and play!
:130:

ferret man 01-05-2018 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1212461)

After all this time I think I'm going to have to come clean, when I was an apprentice I was sent for a long stand and that is what I returned with. Sorry

fatgaz182 01-05-2018 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferret man (Post 1212953)
After all this time I think I'm going to have to come clean, when I was an apprentice I was sent for a long stand and that is what I returned with. Sorry

Well ferret, I would forgive you the long stand but it wasn't even the full length of the pitch! :rofl38:

choirboy 02-05-2018 07:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferret man (Post 1212953)

When we were on camp with The Scouts we used to send the new boy up to the farm for a long rest (similar) or sometimes for a bucket of blue steam!:p

football19 02-05-2018 10:35

Burton went up again to the championship !!!, lost count how many 1-0 wins they had,simple game plan,keep clean sheets and anything can happen !!!

Dav1d 03-05-2018 16:19

Confirmed we have been given the go-ahead to build the new cow shed stand

choirboy 03-05-2018 16:57

Been up the ground this morning as my brother and sister in law have just arrived for a Euro Tour holiday over the next month. First place my big brother wanted to revisit was The Crown Ground, (or the Wham Stadium!):mosher:
He bought some souvenirs to take home and Dan kindly let us into the ground for a look round.:) The pitch looks like it has been reseeded already. We had a peep through the 'Tin Sheets' in the Cow Shed in anticipation of the new work starting soon!
I have to say it is the first time that I have been into the Coppice End for a few years and I was just shocked how poor the facilities have become! Yes, the Whinney Hill stand is going to happen now but we really do need to do something in the close season to improve the away fans facilities! I was truly shocked!:eek::eek::eek:
My brother and I draped a couple of the Ultras Big Flags over the Clayton End terracing barriers as they were sodden wet through and would rot if left like that for three months! I hope that they dry out and get a few repairs and then they can be used right from the start of next season!
A call then to the Ultras for a colourful start to the new season.......I know it looked just fabulous last 2 or 3 home matches and lifts the players and supporters alike!
:theband::mosher:

fatgaz182 08-05-2018 18:36

From t'h fishy

Work starts Tuesday ? Accrington Stanley

Quote:

Work will begin on Accrington Stanley’s new £1m+ stand on Tuesday next week.

The Whinney Hill ‘Cowshed’ stand will house 1,100 spectators, inclusive of new toilet facilities and careering outlets. There will also be new floodlights.

Money will come from the club and be match-funded by the Football Foundation.

“It’s a 30 week project,” said Managing Director David Burgess. “The ‘Cowshed’ will be demolished and work will start on Tuesday, be ongoing over the summer and into next season and be hopefully ready before Christmas.”

maccawozzagod 08-05-2018 18:47

30 week project! Thought they said it was a Meccano set that would go up over lunchtime!

cashman 08-05-2018 18:52

Disappointed it will not be up for seasons start,:eek: get some of the bigger clubs before xmas and it will cost us.

baldy 16-05-2018 11:47

https://twitter.com/ASFCofficial/sta...76703186497536

Revived Red 17-05-2018 19:21

The Whinney Hill ‘Cowshed’ stand will house 1,100 spectators, inclusive of new toilet facilities and careering outlets.

I'm looking forward to seeing these newfangled careering outlets. I can't imagine that any other EFL or Premier League club will have these.

Mr T 18-05-2018 07:13

They will be very similar to those on the Clayton End.
The only difference will be how they are incorporated into the stand as there won't be the lip they current exists at the rear of the main stands and the clayton end.

AccyMad 18-05-2018 10:07

Whoosh! :D

DAV007 19-05-2018 22:35

Mr T, will there be a bookies facility at the ground next season?

Exile on Spencer St 20-05-2018 06:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1213625)
Mr T, will there be a bookies facility at the ground next season?

I wouldn't bet on it.:rolleyes:

fatgaz182 22-05-2018 18:22

https://i.imgur.com/VzEklCD.png

https://i.imgur.com/XB1Ri89.png

https://i.imgur.com/uOQs4Qf.png

https://i.imgur.com/tdS5hAc.png

DaveinGermany 22-05-2018 19:08

Can someone get a grip of the sizing of these pictures & plans?

It's proper irritating as it is.

Tom D 27-05-2018 11:50

Wonder where TV coverage is going to film from now the cow shed and scaffolding is gone? Can't see that being replaced on the same side with building work ongoing. For when it's completed, also can't see any obvious position the plans for a TV camera to be positioned. Wonder if this has occurred to anyone at the club....

andyd 27-05-2018 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom D (Post 1213775)
Wonder where TV coverage is going to film from now the cow shed and scaffolding is gone? Can't see that being replaced on the same side with building work ongoing. For when it's completed, also can't see any obvious position the plans for a TV camera to be positioned. Wonder if this has occurred to anyone at the club....

From above the clubhouse.

mab 27-05-2018 12:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom D (Post 1213775)

If its owt like last season title winning season when we didn't get a live game although our rivals did it won't matter stuff sky :tongueout

fatgaz182 06-06-2018 17:32

From the Fishy Twit page.

https://i.imgur.com/jBeduly.png

Kiwi John 08-06-2018 04:34

What a neat picture. Thanks Fatty :)

Tom D 01-08-2018 13:51

Know it's a bit of funny statement, but think the new floodlights look great. Look more professional than old setup, and hopefully a lot brighter :D

https://mobile.twitter.com/AndyhHolt...41880452153344

monkey hanger 02-08-2018 09:32

no its not a funny statement. used to think the old lights were poor and anything that makes watching winter and night games better will do for me.

choirboy 03-08-2018 12:25

Picked up our three Season Tickets last night at the Season Ticket Launch in the clubhouse. I really enjoyed the evening and the positive feeling for the future was tremendous to behold.:mosher:
Had a little chat with Andy Holt to offer praise for the good things going on around the ground.:mosher:
The new floodlights are superb as is the pitch and also lots of smaller improvements around the ground including in the away end.:mosher:
The new technology in the design of the season ticket/card is also a clear indication of the progress that the club is making under Andy Holt's direction!:mosher:

Well done to Andy and his team for all the great stuff going on.:mosher:
Let's hope that the team can match it on the pitch...:mosher:

ON STANLEY ON

Chewbacca 03-08-2018 18:57

Still no water in the bogs and the clayton end though...

choirboy 03-08-2018 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1215509)
Still no water in the bogs and the clayton end though...

I will do my best to test the "Bogs" out tomorrow at half time!