Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   2017/18 Prediction League; Game 44 v Lincoln City (home) (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/2017-18-prediction-league-game-44-v-lincoln-city-home-69989.html)

Div3North 25-04-2018 19:35

2017/18 Prediction League; Game 44 v Lincoln City (home)

Accrington Stanley

V

Lincoln City

2017/18 Prediction League; Game 45 v Lincoln City (home)

Given that they’ve only lost 10 all season, it’s perhaps a bit of a surprise that the Imps’ last three League defeats were 1-3 at Crawley (14th), 0-1 at Port SunlightVale (18th) and 1-4 at home to Crewe (17th) ….. to be fair, they’ve also lost to some good sides, not including us yet, (despite Two Attempts in 12 Days In December – I believe Tom Cruise is signed up to play Coley in the film of the same name), said “good sides” including Luton, Notts County and Coventry, although no-one’s done the double over them, and nobody can, since their last two games are us followed by Yeovil, each of whom they beat 2-0 first time out.

Against the other six of the current top seven Lincoln have won 3 (Exeter 3-2, us 2-0 and last night’s win at Coventry 4-2), drawn 4 (3 of them at home, and twice against Wycombe) and lost 4 (Luton 4-2 away, Notts Co 4-1 away, Exeter (by the odd goal in one) away and Coventry 2-1 at home …………….6 wins, 3 draws and one loss in their last 10; away, overall, it’s W8 D7 L7, GF26 GA24, but no wins against the top 6 until last night …………….. Ladies and Gentlemen, this game is NOT a foregone conclusion – well, the GAME’s a foregone conclusion but the result isn’t ……….. Remember who won the EFL Trophy! And that said, I really rather fancy them to go up through the play-offs, and Exeter if it isn’t them …………..

So; the TwistySpires are toast (Toasted Twistyspires – that sounds like a niche market)…………. Two consecutive relegations, the manager sacked the day before their slide down the GPofO (“Greasy Pole of Oblivion”, in case you’ve forgotten) was confirmed, and frankly not a lot going for them; Sunderland are down to League One, as you’ll know, after their second consecutive plummet; sounds like the sooner someone buys out the current owner there the sooner they’ll turn the corner, but if you look at who’s been down to t’Bananarama in recent seasons, and think how many of them have clawed their way back into the League, you’d have to think Chesterfield might not be straight back up ……………. took Macclesfield a while (Well Done, Macclesfield – and so you should be!), and the Bananarama – as well as Salford MoneyPots FC – contains the ghosts of Tranmere, Aldershot, Clapton Orient, Hartlepuddle, Wrecked’em, the Daggers, and – For One Final Week Only – Chester and Torquay

They were quite busy with the old Pen and Chequebook in January, were Lincoln; they Propersigned CM Lee Frecklington from Rotherham (also once of the Posh, and between 2003 and 2009 formerly of Lincoln (!)) and W/MF Trumpet – sorry, Tom Pett – from Wealdstone via Stevenage, each for £undisclosed, and CB James Wilson from the Blades, who was cheaper than the other two ………… well actually, he was free …………… Out through the Revolving Door of Permanence went Callum Howe, bound for Port Vale (I don’t know who he upset, but it must have been bad!); his writing was probably on his wall, it must be said, when Lincoln let him go to Eastleigh Spitfires for the first half of the season – never a good sign, I reckon …………….

No loans out, but four in, they being Ipswich Town winger Danny Rowe (NOT the one who plays for AFC Fylde, who need a point at Wrexham to guarantee a play-off spot), plus W/MF Jordan Wlliams from Rochdale (currently only out of the do-do on GD), CB Scott Wharton from Blackburn Rovers, and Bournemouth Cherries’ GK Ryan Allsop (who once played eight games for Íþróttafélagið Höttur in Iceland, returning home because it was bloody freezing out there!) ………….. and besides, how can you learn to speak Icelandish with all those damn twiddly bits over the letters ……………. How’s your Peruvian coming along Wynonie, by the way? Fancy a stab at Outlandish Icelandish?

Billy Whizz is still on course to win the Golden-Coloured Boot for League Two (not enough money to get him a real Golden Boot, but the paint they spray the League Two boot with isn’t cheapo stuff!) 25 and counting; Go Billy! Lincoln’s goals have been spread around – Matt Green is on the BillyWhizzList with 13 (Kayden has 16 and Sean McPlayeroftheSeason has 12). In addition to Matthieu Vert, Ollie Palmer and Matt Rhead (he may be able to rhead, but he certainly can’t shpell) have 8 each, and Michael “Ebbsfleet” Bostwick and Harry Anderson (I've still got one of his shelters in my back garden, I think) have six

Famous ex-Managers include ex-Gunner and Red Devil David Herd, Graham Taylor, Colin Murphy (twice), Sniffer Clark, Chris Sutton and Bill Anderson, who managed there from 1st January 1946 to 1st January 1965, winning 307 of his 855 games in charge (35.91%, since you ask)………… are you watching, some of you lunatic owners who think 40 games is a fair test before you get sacked for not winning the Champions League? Club Captain is Luke Waterfall, Vice Captain is Ezekiel Littlepuddle, mascot is Charlie Dripping-Tapp ………..ok, I made some bits of that up (there’s no hyphen in Dripping Tapp) ………… they’ve played at Tinsel Bank since 1895 (that’s the club, not the current team) ………… and they’ve won, or been runners up in, the Lincolnshire Senior Cup a very creditable seventy times over the years (apart from Gainsborough Trinity, who the hell else is there in Lincolnshire?)

Deadline for entries is, as always, scheduled kick-off time, which is 3.00pm on Saturday 28th April ……………..ok, so it didn’t happen on Tuesday, but if we take anything out of this game, or Luton – as the best team in the League (not) – decide to do the decent thing and lose or draw at home to Vegan Greenpeace on Saturday or away at Notts County the week after (or preferably both) the we add The Silverware to The Glory ………….

Never have so many talked about so few for so long (excluding milk adverts – whatever did happen to the Milk Marketing Board? Did they get Milk Marketing Bored?) My problem now is to work out what names I can create for the League One Sides for next season (do you want Me and Him to do it all again next season?) – how will I manage without Vegan Greenpeace United, TwistySpires Utd, Portly Vale and the Wycombe PocketPickers? And who am I going to find to take the p*** out of without that nice Mr Westlife and You Fat Bastard around? Although hopefully YFB will be ……. Going to be a long summer of thinking!

Good luck to everyone! …………… Keep the Faith! ……………. And thanks for playing!

:alright::alright::alright::alright::alright:

cashman 25-04-2018 19:43

Re: 2017/18 Prediction League; Game 44 v Lincoln City (home)

2-0 Stanley i hope. if Lincoln dont drag us down to their level, they had 6 booked against Coventry,:eek: plus reckon we cant play as bad as tuesday night surely.

Exile on Spencer St 25-04-2018 19:49

9/10, Div3North.
That's your marks for the season, not a score prediction :rolleyes:
Enjoyed all your posts, thanks from me.

AccyMad 25-04-2018 20:14

Will definitely be a tricky one but I think our lads will come out all guns blazing, edge the game & get the league sewn up - if only to shut that nice Mr.Jones up :)
I'll go for a 2 - 1 win for Stanley please

Outback Ozzy 25-04-2018 20:24

I'll stick with my usual 3-1 win for t'Stanley please

Jimmy Clitheroe 25-04-2018 20:30

1-1 can see it being a bit of a damp squib with neither side wanting to exert themselves too much.

mab 25-04-2018 20:56

:) Accrington Stanley 2 - 1 Lincoln City :) Please for me

Div3North 25-04-2018 21:23

Game 45, of course, not 44

This week's deliberate mistake which, happily, no-one spotted!

:alright::alright::alright:

Div3North 25-04-2018 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1212564)
9/10, Div3North.
That's your marks for the season, not a score prediction :rolleyes:
Enjoyed all your posts, thanks from me.

Thanks Exile. You're very kind :D

Chrisr 25-04-2018 21:41

3-o to Stanley.

ossy kid 26-04-2018 02:36

Stanley 4-1

Wynonie Harris 26-04-2018 04:03

5-2 to the Stanley please.

DaveinGermany 26-04-2018 04:57

3-1 to the Stanley please D3N. :)

monkey hanger 26-04-2018 07:50

stanley 2 lincoln 3. luton to draw.

Tommy McQueen 26-04-2018 09:15

Stanley 2 Lincoln 2 please