Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Love and congratulations from Wycombe (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/love-and-congratulations-from-wycombe-70001.html)

Wycombe fan 30-04-2018 11:22

Love and congratulations from Wycombe

Belated but huge congratulations from Wycombe. I came on here two years ago to wish you good luck after you'd won at ours and feel I maybe jinxed it for you, so wanted to wait til you were definitely up to pop back in. You gave us a proper footballing lesson last week and Stanley are by some distance the best team in this league (whatever Nathan Jones says) - also a great example of how to run a football club on relatively meagre resources. Enjoy your celebrations and your summer and look forward to seeing you again next season (hopefully for some well overdue revenge on the pitch!).

Exile on Spencer St 30-04-2018 13:37

Re: Love and congratulations from Wycombe

Thanks, and congrats to Wycombe too for securing promotion. I've always enjoyed visits to Adams Park and found Wycombe fans and stewards some of the best in the league. But can you leave The Beast in League 2, please?

cashman 30-04-2018 14:17

Cheers mate i also have enjoyed my trips to your place, always good craic. best of luck to you lot next season, yer managers not a bad lad either.;)

Exile on Spencer St 30-04-2018 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1212874)
Cheers mate...yer managers not a bad lad either.;)

Agree. But I bet his missus was delighted that Stanley beat Wycombe as it meant his beard could come off! ;)

Chimer 30-04-2018 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1212872)
Thanks, and congrats to Wycombe too for securing promotion. I've always enjoyed visits to Adams Park and found Wycombe fans and stewards some of the best in the league. But can you leave The Beast in League 2, please?

Totally agree your first two sentences, Exile :D, and I know where you're coming from re The Beast, but it would be even more of a travesty if he was left behind this time, after playing 90 mins most games for most of the season, than when Wimbledon dumped him after he won them promotion playing mostly as an impact sub (and certainly knocked us out of the playoffs single-handed, grrr grrr). Comments based on seeing less than 2 minutes of Wycombe's games each week on Goal Rush, of course :rolleyes:.

AccyMad 30-04-2018 17:24

Thanks so much for the good wishes Mr Wycombe fan, was so pleased to hear that you'd secured promotion on Saturday - love coming on a Wycombe away day, never any hassle & all fans mingling together before & after a game, just as it should be - fans of certain other clubs could learn a lot from yourselves.

VALAIRIAN 30-04-2018 19:30

Thanks for that and the same back to you :)

Really hope that Bayo stays with you next season :)

Lost in Cornwall 03-05-2018 16:26

Thanks. Really pleased you made it up as well. Nice to see the good guys getting promoted.

ferret man 04-05-2018 11:31

And congrats also to you on your promo, looking forward to seeing wheresthatfeckinmenue again.

Interested Observer 06-05-2018 08:04

Well now it's all over for another season it just remains to say a huge WELL DONE from your friends up t' road. I suppose not having to play you twice next season means we don't have to start on -6 points which might help in our annual relegation battle. What you have achieved is nothing short of unbelievable really, that's the only way I can describe it. John Coleman is definitely a football genius and Andy Holt every fans dream as a chairman. In fact for me, pound for pound Colemans' achievements this season eclipse all the other 92 gaffers by some way. Enjoy your parade today, plenty of sore heads tomoz' no doubt and till we meet again all the best.

Oh and just so you don't think I've gone totally soft, sort out them bloody toilets in the away end.

AccyMad 06-05-2018 10:21

Thank you Mr. Observer, glad that the Shrimps managed to stay up - must've been nerve wracking yesterday. Hope these new owners of yours turn out to be ok too, best of luck