Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Sunderland (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/sunderland-70052.html)

andyd 02-06-2018 09:15

Sunderland

Sold 18000 season tickets already that is phenomenal at this level looking forward to our 2 meetings with them.

hilleluk 02-06-2018 09:33

Re: Sunderland

My brother has been a season ticket holder for Sunderland for nearly 50 years, as you can imagine he is gutted at the situation Sunderland find themselves in. He never goes to the away matches, but has told me he will try for a ticket to Accrington. The Stadium of Light is a great stadium, I am sure all you Accrington fan's will enjoy the day.

monkey hanger 02-06-2018 10:59

[QUOTE=hilleluk;1213898 The Stadium of Light is a great stadium, I am sure all you Accrington fan's will enjoy the day.[/QUOTE]

will really enjoy the game there especially if we are winning and watching their fans leaving in droves before the 75th min.

Chewbacca 02-06-2018 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by hilleluk (Post 1213898)
My brother has been a season ticket holder for Sunderland for nearly 50 years, as you can imagine he is gutted at the situation Sunderland find themselves in. He never goes to the away matches, but has told me he will try for a ticket to Accrington. The Stadium of Light is a great stadium, I am sure all you Accrington fan's will enjoy the day.

So take it you haven't been there then. At best it is bang average and quite a grim place by Accy standards, like a poor man's Rochdale.

hilleluk 02-06-2018 16:59

Yes I have been to the Stadium of Light.

Gremlin 02-06-2018 20:52

I was talking to a man from Sunderland and mentioned Accrington. He has been a Sunderland supporter for dozens of years and said to tell the Accrington supporters to be prepared for a long walk up the stairs to the area of the ground dedicated to away supporters.

KiTChener 02-06-2018 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1213916)
I was talking to a man from Sunderland and mentioned Accrington. He has been a Sunderland supporter for dozens of years and said to tell the Accrington supporters to be prepared for a long walk up the stairs to the area of the ground dedicated to away supporters.

Oh dear! Was looking forward to (for me) a rare away day next season.... But, don't do stairs these days... really so bad? No lift, I presume?

monkey hanger 03-06-2018 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiTChener (Post 1213918)
Oh dear! Was looking forward to (for me) a rare away day next season.... But, don't do stairs these days... really so bad? No lift, I presume?

its not that bad. parking is not great if you are the type who gets anywhere at the last minute. quite a treck from the town centre, which is totally forgettable, to the ground.

Gremlin 03-06-2018 16:33

Copied from Sunderland page.

Away fans are now housed in the Upper Tier of the North Stand at one end of the stadium, where around 3,000 fans can be housed for league games. For cup games then up to 9,000 visiting supporters can be accommodated in this tier, if demand requires it). Although the facilities are fine in this area, you do have to climb a large number of flights of stairs to reach this top tier. It almost feels if this area has been 'tucked in' under the stadium roof, as it comes down over this section. It means that if you are sitting towards the back of the tier, then although you can see the pitch, you get a limited view of the majority of the rest of the stadium, giving the feeling of being a bit cut off from it all. On the food front, then the club offer; Fish & Chips (£5.50), Various Pies (£3.50) including the Chicken Balti Pie, Cornish Pasties (£3) and Jumbo Sausage Rolls (£3).

Exile on Spencer St 03-06-2018 20:26

1 Attachment(s)
In the photo is attached, presumably away fans are tucked up in the corner as far away from the pitch as is possible whilst still being in the stadium.
Given its 48,000 capacity I wonder how many empty seats lower down there'll be?

Kiwi John 04-06-2018 04:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1213916)

But coming back down will be easy-gliding on the warm winds of victory.

yonmon 05-06-2018 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi John (Post 1213938)
But coming back down will be easy-gliding on the warm winds of victory.

So lyrical John !! 😎