Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Mingoia signs for Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/mingoia-signs-for-stanley-70072.html)

Lemur 19-06-2018 16:10

Re: Mingoia signs for Stanley

ill get my coat lol

Twenty Eight 19-06-2018 17:44

What sort of message would signing Pierro give to the diamond in the rough you have called Jordan Clark ?
Well done son but we want our old boy back.
You know what angers me more than anything in here ? The amount of talk about players who moved on and wishing they come back. Windlass Crooks Mingoia O’Sullivan Pearson ......... FFS move on !!!

AccyMad 19-06-2018 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1214336)
What sort of message would signing Pierro give to the diamond in the rough you have called Jordan Clark ?
You know what angers me more than anything in here ? The amount of talk about players who moved on and wishing they come back. Windlass Crooks Mingoia O’Sullivan Pearson ......... FFS move on !!!

There are certain ex-players who for whatever reason were fans favourites & who will always have a special place in our hearts & memories, so naturally when one of these becomes available or looks like they could be on the move it's only natural that there'll be some speculation, if only for sentimental reasons.
However, this does not mean that we think any less of our current crop of players - the lads who gave us one of our best seasons ever will also forever have that same special status.
Really no need to get so worked up & swear.about it :rolleyes:

andyd 19-06-2018 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1214337)
There are certain ex-players who for whatever reason were fans favourites & who will always have a special place in our hearts & memories, so naturally when one of these becomes available or looks like they could be on the move it's only natural that there'll be some speculation, if only for sentimental reasons.
However, this does not mean that we think any less of our current crop of players - the lads who gave us one of our best seasons ever will also forever have that same special status.
Really no need to get so worked up & swear.about it :rolleyes:

Totally agree and if Pierro did come back I,m pretty sure he would push these lads for a team place thus creating hopefully better performances but it is only speculation and a bit of close season bit of fun jeez calm down.

monkey hanger 20-06-2018 08:47

both twenty eight and accymad make good points about ex players. think all fans at all clubs live in the past a little where good ex players come to mind. just leave it to our management who haven,t done too bad a job over the last few seasons in bringing to the club unknowns and one ex player who proved a lot of us wrong.

maccawozzagod 20-06-2018 11:31

Quote:

You'll only be here until your player interest moves on - we're lifers.

The message it sends to current players is that you'll always be welcome back even if you move on for a few extra shillings.

Most of our players (the ones we want back) move on because their performances are sufficient that they are wanted by better clubs - so why wouldnt we want them back?

Id imagine Clark is being courted by other clubs, so when the pieces of silver are delivered we'll thank him for his services, wish him well and then take the wheelbarrow down to the bank. So wanting Del Piero back means that we're covered when that happens. Capichè?

Of course, we could always wait until the day before the season starts before we sell someone, then be up the creek without a Piero.

28, iq?

Twenty Eight 20-06-2018 11:55

No one is courting him because he is under contract.
I have a low IQ what is capiche ? Presumably another doff to the wizard.
If "Del Piero" had had a scintillating season I get it. He didn't and is still injured.
Dus tha gerrrit ? That's a doff to Clicker's origins.
Is the scouting system at the club such that we always start by scouring the ex players list ?
We're League One. Sign players who improve the squad.

cashman 20-06-2018 12:57

Capiche = understand.

Chimer 20-06-2018 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1214350)

When did a contract ever stop someone being courted (or looking for a move themselves)? It's well known Stanley won't (can't?) stand in the way of anyone moving onward and upward - the only difference a contract makes is that it won't be for free.

Exile on Spencer St 20-06-2018 19:15

Assuming Stanley could afford it and that Piero gets back to match fitness (after his honeymoon!:rolleyes:), why wouldn't the club want the luxury of two players of the quality of Messrs Clark and Mingoia challenging for a place?
Can't imagine why any fan would complain at the prospect.
But I agree with Monkey; happy to leave matters that are beyond my control to Professor Coleman and Jimmy Bell.

Chewbacca 20-06-2018 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1214350)
I have a low IQ what is capiche ? Presumably another doff to the wizard.
If "Del Piero" had had a scintillating season I get it. He didn't and is still injured.
Dus tha gerrrit ? That's a doff to Clicker's origins.
Is the scouting system at the club such that we always start by scouring the ex players list ?
We're League One. Sign players who improve the squad.

We got Kee, Chapman and McConville back and they did okay the last season, the manager and assistant too.

Haggis and Grimshaw came back and did well as Stanley legends.

Revived Red 21-06-2018 08:48

Quote:

Windlass Crooks Mingoia O’Sullivan Pearson

To the best of my knowledge, Stanley never had a player called Windlass. :confused:

Twenty Eight 21-06-2018 15:46

And you’ve never made a spelling mistake using an I phone ?
If that’s your sole line of attack my friend ........

Revived Red 21-06-2018 16:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1214391)
And you’ve never made a spelling mistake using an I phone ?
If that’s your sole line of attack my friend ........

Nope, never made a spelling mistake using an I phone. Simple really. I do not possess an I phone. :D:D:D

DaveinGermany 22-06-2018 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revived Red (Post 1214393)
Nope, never made a spelling mistake using an I phone. Simple really. I do not possess an I phone. :D:D:D

Ooh, ya sarky git!:D