Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Mingoia signs for Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/mingoia-signs-for-stanley-70072.html)

maccawozzagod 16-06-2018 15:33

Mingoia signs for Stanley

1 Attachment(s)
Good old Del Piero

Mr T 16-06-2018 19:03

Re: Mingoia signs for Stanley

Rob and all;

That photo's as old as me!!

P's currently on his honeymoon in some exotic parts!!

Coley and Jimmy are finishing their LMA diplomas so rather busy.

He's a free agent so lets rule nothing in or out!!

And yes I know "nowt"!!

andyd 17-06-2018 08:03

If he comes back we will have a surplus of wingers in the squad unless someone is on there way to pastures new.

monkey hanger 17-06-2018 08:52

unless we are moving the ground down south i cannot see him coming back. loads of teams down there especially bankrolled non league sides that pay top money.

maccawozzagod 17-06-2018 16:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 1214246)
Rob and all;

That photo's as old as

Yer a spoilsport Mark!

But apparently Coley IS close to agreeing terms with an 'Italian' winger

Lemur 17-06-2018 17:09

lewis alessandra ?

Twenty Eight 17-06-2018 18:35

What nonsense .....

Twenty Eight 17-06-2018 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemur (Post 1214282)
lewis alessandra ?

When did Heywood Lancs get moved to the Adriatic ?

Lemur 17-06-2018 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1214287)
When did Heywood Lancs get moved to the Adriatic ?

could say the same for Enfield lol

Twenty Eight 18-06-2018 12:09

In all seriousness in an injury prone season with a distinct lack of form for a distinctly average league two side .......... why on earth would Acrrington be interested ?

dabeast 18-06-2018 20:10

Because that's exactly the type of player our management team can inspire??? We know the potential is there we have seen it....

monkey hanger 19-06-2018 08:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1214308)
In all seriousness in an injury prone season with a distinct lack of form for a distinctly average league two side .......... why on earth would Acrrington be interested ?

would not be the first player who moved to a club where their style did not suite them and get injuries. go somewhere else and everything goes back in place for em.

Lemur 19-06-2018 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1214325)
would not be the first player who moved to a club where their style did not suite them and get injuries. go somewhere else and everything goes back in place for em.

so which ex player has come back to accrington and been better than before ?

smobile 19-06-2018 15:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemur (Post 1214330)
so which ex player has come back to accrington and been better than before ?

Super Seany :D

cashman 19-06-2018 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by smobile (Post 1214331)
Super Seany :D

Can't argue wi that. he has.;)

Lemur 19-06-2018 16:10

ill get my coat lol

Twenty Eight 19-06-2018 17:44

What sort of message would signing Pierro give to the diamond in the rough you have called Jordan Clark ?
Well done son but we want our old boy back.
You know what angers me more than anything in here ? The amount of talk about players who moved on and wishing they come back. Windlass Crooks Mingoia O’Sullivan Pearson ......... FFS move on !!!

AccyMad 19-06-2018 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1214336)
What sort of message would signing Pierro give to the diamond in the rough you have called Jordan Clark ?
You know what angers me more than anything in here ? The amount of talk about players who moved on and wishing they come back. Windlass Crooks Mingoia O’Sullivan Pearson ......... FFS move on !!!

There are certain ex-players who for whatever reason were fans favourites & who will always have a special place in our hearts & memories, so naturally when one of these becomes available or looks like they could be on the move it's only natural that there'll be some speculation, if only for sentimental reasons.
However, this does not mean that we think any less of our current crop of players - the lads who gave us one of our best seasons ever will also forever have that same special status.
Really no need to get so worked up & swear.about it :rolleyes:

andyd 19-06-2018 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1214337)
There are certain ex-players who for whatever reason were fans favourites & who will always have a special place in our hearts & memories, so naturally when one of these becomes available or looks like they could be on the move it's only natural that there'll be some speculation, if only for sentimental reasons.
However, this does not mean that we think any less of our current crop of players - the lads who gave us one of our best seasons ever will also forever have that same special status.
Really no need to get so worked up & swear.about it :rolleyes:

Totally agree and if Pierro did come back I,m pretty sure he would push these lads for a team place thus creating hopefully better performances but it is only speculation and a bit of close season bit of fun jeez calm down.

monkey hanger 20-06-2018 08:47

both twenty eight and accymad make good points about ex players. think all fans at all clubs live in the past a little where good ex players come to mind. just leave it to our management who haven,t done too bad a job over the last few seasons in bringing to the club unknowns and one ex player who proved a lot of us wrong.

maccawozzagod 20-06-2018 11:31

Quote:

You'll only be here until your player interest moves on - we're lifers.

The message it sends to current players is that you'll always be welcome back even if you move on for a few extra shillings.

Most of our players (the ones we want back) move on because their performances are sufficient that they are wanted by better clubs - so why wouldnt we want them back?

Id imagine Clark is being courted by other clubs, so when the pieces of silver are delivered we'll thank him for his services, wish him well and then take the wheelbarrow down to the bank. So wanting Del Piero back means that we're covered when that happens. Capichè?

Of course, we could always wait until the day before the season starts before we sell someone, then be up the creek without a Piero.

28, iq?

Twenty Eight 20-06-2018 11:55

No one is courting him because he is under contract.
I have a low IQ what is capiche ? Presumably another doff to the wizard.
If "Del Piero" had had a scintillating season I get it. He didn't and is still injured.
Dus tha gerrrit ? That's a doff to Clicker's origins.
Is the scouting system at the club such that we always start by scouring the ex players list ?
We're League One. Sign players who improve the squad.

cashman 20-06-2018 12:57

Capiche = understand.

Chimer 20-06-2018 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1214350)

When did a contract ever stop someone being courted (or looking for a move themselves)? It's well known Stanley won't (can't?) stand in the way of anyone moving onward and upward - the only difference a contract makes is that it won't be for free.

Exile on Spencer St 20-06-2018 19:15

Assuming Stanley could afford it and that Piero gets back to match fitness (after his honeymoon!:rolleyes:), why wouldn't the club want the luxury of two players of the quality of Messrs Clark and Mingoia challenging for a place?
Can't imagine why any fan would complain at the prospect.
But I agree with Monkey; happy to leave matters that are beyond my control to Professor Coleman and Jimmy Bell.

Chewbacca 20-06-2018 20:19

Quote:

I have a low IQ what is capiche ? Presumably another doff to the wizard.
If "Del Piero" had had a scintillating season I get it. He didn't and is still injured.
Dus tha gerrrit ? That's a doff to Clicker's origins.
Is the scouting system at the club such that we always start by scouring the ex players list ?
We're League One. Sign players who improve the squad.

We got Kee, Chapman and McConville back and they did okay the last season, the manager and assistant too.

Haggis and Grimshaw came back and did well as Stanley legends.

Revived Red 21-06-2018 08:48

Quote:

Windlass Crooks Mingoia O’Sullivan Pearson

To the best of my knowledge, Stanley never had a player called Windlass. :confused:

Twenty Eight 21-06-2018 15:46

And you’ve never made a spelling mistake using an I phone ?
If that’s your sole line of attack my friend ........

Revived Red 21-06-2018 16:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1214391)
And you’ve never made a spelling mistake using an I phone ?
If that’s your sole line of attack my friend ........

Nope, never made a spelling mistake using an I phone. Simple really. I do not possess an I phone. :D:D:D

DaveinGermany 22-06-2018 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revived Red (Post 1214393)
Nope, never made a spelling mistake using an I phone. Simple really. I do not possess an I phone. :D:D:D

Ooh, ya sarky git!:D

football19 22-06-2018 15:59

Good debate,but I think your underestimating Coley if you think he’d sign a crock.
First the player would have to pass a medical,secondly,Coley knows he can do a job and trusts him.
Piero is a decent player when fit,but his defensive work never got the credit it deserved.
Can he play at league one level ?, my answer (after watching numerous games last year) would be yes.
Hence,that’s why Coley would add him to the squad.
You need two players for ever position,and I genuinely believe he will do a job when called on.

Twenty Eight 23-06-2018 07:42

He played half a season. Scored once - none in the league. On fancy money ......
There are better options if you get out there.
A lad called Conor Grant played for the Everton kids against us not long ago and starred.
Got released and within 48 hours Derek Adams takes him to Plymouth.
These are the type of players we need.
Any news leaking about Dunne ?

monkey hanger 23-06-2018 08:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1214423)
Any news leaking about Dunne ?

thats pne ex player i would certainly have back.

football19 23-06-2018 08:59

Interesting comments 28
Piero struggled with various injuries last season,and really tried to comeback to early.
Quoting his last years stats,I presume you watched him regularly?.
I only saw him a couple of times at the start of the season and he was very good.
If you have a run of injuries,does it make a bad player overnight?,I bet there’s a few posters on here who have seen him play numerous games and can count on one hand his bad games.
He’s proved that he can play and the manager “trusts” him,so that’s good enough for me.

Exile on Spencer St 23-06-2018 09:08

Quote:

...You know what angers me more than anything in here ? The amount of talk about players who moved on and wishing they come back........ FFS move on !!!

Quote:

..Is the scouting system at the club such that we always start by scouring the ex players list ?.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1214423)
....Any news leaking about Dunne ?

So, 28, presumably it's just any former player that might challenge for Clark's spot that you're against? :rolleyes:

Twenty Eight 23-06-2018 09:20

Absolutely not. As examples I wouldn't have Pearson, McCartan, Crooks either.
I've simply opened a debate about obsession with ex players.
I haven't seen one rumour on here about a player not previously connected with the club.
We need a keeper urgently as back up or even to start, we need a centre half if Dunne isn't coming back, we need a centre mid, and we need a striker.
Any suggestions other than players who haven't played for us before ?

Twenty Eight 23-06-2018 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1214428)
Interesting comments 28
Piero struggled with various injuries last season,and really tried to comeback to early.
Quoting his last years stats,I presume you watched him regularly?.
I only saw him a couple of times at the start of the season and he was very good.
If you have a run of injuries,does it make a bad player overnight?,I bet there’s a few posters on here who have seen him play numerous games and can count on one hand his bad games.
He’s proved that he can play and the manager “trusts” him,so that’s good enough for me.

I saw him enough and spoke to others to know he had a poor season. I haven't said he's a poor player - simply that he's not right for us.
We're league one now and taking on injured league two players is not the answer is what I'm saying.
Oh and the daft money he's paid .......

Twenty Eight 23-06-2018 09:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1214411)
Good debate,but I think your underestimating Coley if you think he’d sign a crock.
First the player would have to pass a medical,secondly,Coley knows he can do a job and trusts him.
Piero is a decent player when fit,but his defensive work never got the credit it deserved.
Can he play at league one level ?, my answer (after watching numerous games last year) would be yes.
Hence,that’s why Coley would add him to the squad.
You need two players for ever position,and I genuinely believe he will do a job when called on.

For the record I've never underestimated Coley.

football19 23-06-2018 10:36

How many of our players are proven division one standard?.
It’s always a risk,but in ex players,you know what your getting.
Don’t forget Coley has seen him up close for years.
Winning breeds confidence,so I expect a fast start this season.
I would imagine Piero would have to take a pay cut,so that will provide motivation to succeed.

Twenty Eight 23-06-2018 12:25

I read from your comments then that you think it’s a done deal ?

Twenty Eight 23-06-2018 12:35

Anyway I’ll throw one in the hat if we don’t get Dunne back.
Lewis Gibson Everton.
Available on loan. Fleetwood already making moves.
Fantastic talent one to watch.

ferret man 23-06-2018 12:49

? Thought one of the reasons apart from the MONEY that Mingoia left was to be nearer to his family.

cashman 23-06-2018 12:56

Also his woman,

maccawozzagod 23-06-2018 14:58

AH quoting that 3 deals are done bar the shouting. Wont say who or what position.

By the by TwentyEight, why wouldnt you take Pearson?

Twenty Eight 23-06-2018 15:31

He left and contrary to popular belief the club got a raw deal.
He’s under contract at Barnsley so you can bet your bottom dollar the fee will be more than we got ......
Just think there are better options.

Twenty Eight 23-06-2018 15:34

Where’s Andy said this ?
He’s very open with info for instance on Twitter but not heard anything like that.

dabeast 23-06-2018 20:13

It was on twitter 2 days ago 28

dabeast 23-06-2018 20:17

"Few questions about new signings. There are 3 more or less done. Remember we act late in window because early on agent expectations are too high for us. That’s why we were annoyed at the @EFL change in the window, affects us disproportionately.
We have to be patient." Andy on twitter.... (can't do links...)

Wynonie Harris 23-06-2018 23:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1214429)
So, 28, presumably it's just any former player that might challenge for Clark's spot that you're against? :rolleyes:

What is the connection between Twenty Eight and Clark? Is he his dad?...is he his agent?...or what?

maccawozzagod 24-06-2018 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1214444)
He left and contrary to popular belief the club got a raw deal.
He’s under contract at Barnsley so you can bet your bottom dollar the fee will be more than we got ......
Just think there are better options.

If (just for example) he was to come back it would more than likely be a result of not being wanted at Barnsley and them being happy to get him off the wage bill. I wouldnt expect to pay much for him. We once sold Ian Craney, bought him back (or let them off the monies still owing), then sold him again. - i think the fees were around 180k, 80k then 150k, but hard to say with all these undisclosed claptraps

Regards the fee received for Pearson, Andy said we got around 500k for him, McCarthorse and Beckles. That was poor in my opinion

football19 24-06-2018 13:56

You have a point 28,until the ink on a contract is dry,nothing’s guaranteed,but in my opinion Piero would be a good addition to the squad.
There’s a lot of diamonds out there waiting to be polished,it’s finding the ones who suit your system.
For me,we need numbers down the spine of the team,to complement what we’ve got

Twenty Eight 24-06-2018 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 1214448)
What is the connection between Twenty Eight and Clark? Is he his dad?...is he his agent?...or what?

None of the above.

Tom D 25-06-2018 06:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1214470)
None of the above.

Number one fan?

Twenty Eight 25-06-2018 14:54

There are many in the queue in front of me my friend. He's a popular lad.

Wynonie Harris 25-06-2018 15:11

So what is your connection to him?

Twenty Eight 25-06-2018 15:54

Who says there is one ?

cashman 25-06-2018 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1214479)
Who says there is one ?

I was told long ago there was a connection between you and one of our players, one that aint been mentioned on this thread?

Wynonie Harris 25-06-2018 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 1214349)
You'll only be here until your player interest moves on - we're lifers.

One or two seem to think so in this thread and you yourself have dropped hints in the past ("Let's just say we're close.").

So, is there a connection?

Twenty Eight 25-06-2018 17:00

I’ve known Jordan all his life - literally.
I am actually closer to the Captain.

Twenty Eight 25-06-2018 17:06

What does that matter anyway ?
Back to the thread.
Let’s see whether any signings are imminent - and whether any are ex players.
I asked the question earlier for any suggestions for signings other than ex players.
The silence is deafening.

andyd 25-06-2018 18:57

Chris Long striker realeased by Burnley, Dunne back on season long loan or preferably permanent, Colin Doyle keeper just left Bradford.

Twenty Eight 25-06-2018 19:34

Good suggestions.
Another one for you ...... Eastwood goalkeeper at Sheffield Utd.

Twenty Eight 25-06-2018 19:37

Adam Collin as well released by Notts County.

football19 25-06-2018 20:42

There’s loads of lads in the conference etc..
Ex academy lads who work and play as there’s more money doing that.
Possibly entice them to go full time now we’re in league one.
It’s a lot harder playing at that level than under 23s

monkey hanger 26-06-2018 07:53

[QUOTE=football19;1214489]There’s loads of lads in the conference etc..

agree with that. peterborough have gone down this road and found quite a few non league players. problem with stanley is the money which can turn out to be a good thing as they will only sign for us if they want to play for us and not after a few extra quid a week.

cashman 26-06-2018 08:23

Way i look at it, if its a young un struggling to make his way in the game, and money is first consideration, then no good at all for us.

Twenty Eight 26-06-2018 15:42

One less ex player to be concerned about. Pearson to Luton.

andyd 26-06-2018 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1214505)
One less ex player to be concerned about. Pearson to Luton.

Good luck to him in that dump all the money in the world wouldn't tempt me to live in that toxic dive.

Twenty Eight 26-06-2018 17:49

You don’t have to live in Luton to play for Luton. 3 year deal - good move for the lad.

maccawozzagod 26-06-2018 20:53

Pearson shirt for sale now ... anybody?

andyd 27-06-2018 06:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1214507)
You don’t have to live in Luton to play for Luton. 3 year deal - good move for the lad.

Or play for that lot with their deluded manager and hooligans that call themselves fans.

Mr T 27-06-2018 07:52

Lets keep thing's "on topic" please!!

All when movies in and out do occur; which they will do prior to the "window" closing in August, please can we all "play nicely" on here!!:)

Last summer we sold 3 of our best assets and didn't get our 1st choice loan keeper.

The season didn't turn out too badly did it!!!;)

AccyMad 27-06-2018 11:54

So, the rumours were true - welcome back home Piero :)

cashman 27-06-2018 11:56

Well Pierros back on a 2 year deal, I for one am really pleased thats happened, it will really boost our squad i reckon, Welcome back sunshine, and yer dad who also is a top geezer,;)

AccyMad 27-06-2018 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 1214239)
Good old Del Piero

You psychic or what Rob? :D

Wynonie Harris 27-06-2018 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1214527)
Well Pierros back on a 2 year deal, I for one am really pleased thats happened, it will really boost our squad i reckon, Welcome back sunshine, and yer dad who also is a top geezer,;)

Agreed, mate, excellent news. Dunno about his dad, never having met the geezer.

Revived Red 27-06-2018 16:33

Welcome back, Piero. All true fans are delighted to see you back. We can ignore the upstart who will doubtless be less than keen!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Exile on Spencer St 27-06-2018 16:58

Good news, welcome back to the Stanley, Piero.
S'funny, we had a chat with Mr.Mingoia at Crawley (he just couldn't stay away from Stanley) and caught up with things. Afterwards, Mrs.Exile did wonder whether we'd see Piero back!

Twenty Eight 27-06-2018 17:38

I assume the upstart is me.
As a retired person I find that quite funny.

cashman 27-06-2018 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 1214529)
Agreed, mate, excellent news. Dunno about his dad, never having met the geezer.

Met him at quite a few away games when i used to go with chubbyman, Hes a top chap steve.;)

Revived Red 27-06-2018 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1214541)
I assume the upstart is me.
As a retired person I find that quite funny.

If the cap fits, ......

That's the second time I have made you laugh, Twenty Eight. Maybe it's time for me to consider a second career - in stand-up. :D:D:D

Twenty Eight 27-06-2018 21:14

Good idea. Even Johnny Vegas started as a pottery decorator. We all have to start somewhere.

Kiwi John 28-06-2018 05:04

Great to have you back Piero. :)

Tom D 28-06-2018 06:59

Brilliant news.
Now just need a striker, another centre mid and defender and goalkeeper for a decent sized squad.

monkey hanger 28-06-2018 09:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom D (Post 1214554)
Brilliant news.
Now just need a striker, another centre mid and defender and goalkeeper for a decent sized squad.

and not loose any we already have.

Revived Red 28-06-2018 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1214546)
Even Johnny Vegas started as a pottery decorator.

Not a very apt comparison. Johnny Vegas obtained a degree in art and ceramics. But getting back to the thread ... Are you going to join us in welcoming back Piero?

Twenty Eight 28-06-2018 12:00

I've already sent a good luck message to him and his dad.

Twenty Eight 28-06-2018 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1214558)
and not loose any we already have.

Agreed Monkey.

Twenty Eight 28-06-2018 17:47

No absolutely nothing about the latest signing Sam Finley. Big step up for him. So that’s two of the three ....... wonder who the third will be ?

choirboy 28-06-2018 22:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom D (Post 1214554)
Brilliant news.

Centre Mid signing .......Sam Finley looks like a really good prospect...25 years old and lots of experience. Captained Fylde last season and scored seven goals. I reckon that he will really have the hunger to prove himself in the Football League.
Good luck Sam.:theband:
Welcome on board to the Stanley History bus!
:mosher:

choirboy 28-06-2018 22:28

Wonderful to have Pierro back with us!:theband:
A fully fit Pierro will be a great addition to our squad!
:mosher:
It will be nice to see his Dad on the terraces again too!