Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Callum Johnson (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/callum-johnson-70116.html)

VALAIRIAN 04-08-2018 10:19

Callum Johnson

Hate doing this, as I end up looking like a fool usually :o

After what was - in my opinion - a poor/shaky start to his Stanley career, I think that Callum will be our stand out player this season in League 1.

He has proved me wrong - though why I ever doubted Coley is a mystery - and apart from his flexibility/ability to play all over the park, he seems to have matured and rarely seems phased!!

That being said, if he plays today, he will get a straight red after 10 minutes :D :D

AccyMad 04-08-2018 10:25

Re: Callum Johnson

Don't do that Joe!! Was scared of reading the thread in case it said he'd left the club :eek:
Nervous enough today :)

Exile on Spencer St 04-08-2018 10:36

I too have similar hopes for Mr. Johnson after last season's performances; when I saw him I thought he appeared very composed for someone so young and had the look of a player who will only get better.
But I was loathe to tempt the Voodoo Gods of Football before the season started!
You're a braver man than me, Gunga Valairian.

Lord Didsbury 04-08-2018 16:29

Valerian - you echo my thoughts exactly. Not a good game today for him (at fault for the first goal) but he will come back stronger.

cashman 04-08-2018 16:39

Had a very poor game today, not on his own but thought he was the worst by a mile.

choirboy 04-08-2018 17:17

Oh Joe!
You picked the wrong day to highlight Callum.
Yes he was at fault for pulling out of that tackle but the lad waltzed past a couple more of our defenders too before setting up his team mate for the first goal. Callum will learn from that and I think that he has a very bright future.

cashman 04-08-2018 17:37

Agree choirboy, but had a real stinker today imho.

Reamer 04-08-2018 18:43

He's a good footballer ,as the manager would say, but I'm not convinced that RB is his best position. I would like to see him contest the midfield spots and bring Rodgers in at RB.

Lord Love Rocket 04-08-2018 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reamer (Post 1215571)
He's a good footballer ,as the manager would say, but I'm not convinced that RB is his best position. I would like to see him contest the midfield spots and bring Rodgers in at RB.

Think he might get bullied in the middle to be fair... probably wrong though... I'd rather see him right had side of midfield but when Clark is on form he'd be first choice.... Rogers best games for us came at centre half from memory

Reamer 04-08-2018 23:33

Not sure how this 'bullied' thing can only apply to midfield ? Surely if a player is the type that can be bullied, it will happen wherever he plays. Anyway, he's a young player learning his trade and he'll have to deal with that side of the game. I just think that Rodgers is better at tackling and defending and with Johnson as holding midfield and Clark/Mingoia on the wing it would be a very strong right hand side.

Exile on Spencer St 05-08-2018 09:25

Midfield remains a work in progress.
Both Messrs Conneely and Brown are experienced and have their fine points but can be 'robbed' when in possession, whilst Nolan and Johnson are both young and still learning their trade.
I'm sure Coley and Jimmy are aware of the situation but we are Stanley and can't just buy our way out of such matters.

stanley nick 05-08-2018 10:20

Million pound footballer for sure
Yes he made a huge mistake today and cost us the 1st goal
Have faith

Lord Love Rocket 05-08-2018 10:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanley nick (Post 1215594)
Million pound footballer for sure
Yes he made a huge mistake today and cost us the 1st goal
Have faith

Alright Nick Johnson calm down man howay

Chimer 05-08-2018 16:56

Well I was impressed with the way he and Clark combined up the right for the first 20 minutes or so. Then O.K. he missed a crucial tackle, but I can’t see how anyone could make him our worst player overall.

cashman 05-08-2018 17:19

It was easy we all thought he was. in fact someone behind us said he should have been subbed at half time. was a bad day at the office, unusual for him granted.