Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Wombles (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/wombles-70194.html)

cashman 22-09-2018 17:59

Re: Wombles

Why i say i cant fathom 2 strikers, most of last season we played Billy @ Kayden and won the sodding league, this season until today we played 1 yet today we won our first home game???:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Twenty Eight 22-09-2018 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1217596)
Clark MOTM???? Quietest game he’s ever had for us.
Did they mean Anderton?

He tore them to shreds first half. Get to spec savers.

Lord Didsbury 22-09-2018 18:58

The whole team tore them to shreds for the first 30 mins, Twenty Eight. The Clark/Johnson combo was very effective. Second half he was never brought into the game at all...not his fault.

pifco 22-09-2018 19:49

For the size of him Zanzala seems to be nudged off the ball very easily and goes to ground easily. Is there any training for him to build his body strength happening?

AccyMad 22-09-2018 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1217596)
Clark MOTM???? Quietest game he’s ever had for us.
Did they mean Anderton?

Jordan played a blinder! What were you watching?? Agree Nick Anderson had a Stormer too

AccyMad 22-09-2018 20:00

We battered the Wombles in the first half, second half they'd obviously had a rocket & came out a different team - dirty tactics as always which ref never got a grip on but on the whole we fully deserved the 3 points although we should never have been hanging on towards the end, thank goodness for the Herculean clearance from Mr. Reliable, Mark Hughes.
First home win under our belt, onwards & upwards Stanley :)

Twenty Eight 22-09-2018 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1217609)
The whole team tore them to shreds for the first 30 mins, Twenty Eight. The Clark/Johnson combo was very effective. Second half he was never brought into the game at all...not his fault.

Make your mind up !
You said earlier quietest game he’d ever had !!!!
Some people .......

Lord Stiffupperlip 22-09-2018 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by pifco (Post 1217611)
For the size of him Zanzala seems to be nudged off the ball very easily and goes to ground easily.

There were 2 or 3 long balls today intended for Zanzala to run onto when one-on-one with their last defender.
On every occasion he either lost control or got muscled off the ball.
These were the type of balls that Kayden Jackson thrived on last season.
Despite being as thin as a rake, Kayden always managed to control the ball & skin much bigger defenders.
Sadly, I can't see OZ turning into The Wizard

Tom D 22-09-2018 20:47

Gutted to have missed this today, but had to work
How did Barlaser do?

Lord Didsbury 22-09-2018 22:20

Come on Twenty Eight, it’s not mutually exclusive that in the first 30 mins Clark/Johnson were effective but that overall Clark had a very quiet game.

(Let me know if you need any further guidance on mutual exclusivity, or good manners.)

Lord Didsbury 22-09-2018 22:24

Tom D - Barlaser did ok, but no surprise when subbed.

He’s pretty good with 40 yard passes out to the wings.

Twenty Eight 22-09-2018 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1217620)
Come on Twenty Eight, it’s not mutually exclusive that in the first 30 mins Clark/Johnson were effective but that overall Clark had a very quiet game.

(Let me know if you need any further guidance on mutual exclusivity, or good manners.)

Have a look at the extended highlights because you must have missed a lot. You said he had his quietest game EVER !! Accymad .... have a word because you are much respected on here.

Lord Didsbury 23-09-2018 07:16

With pleasure, Twenty Eight, if you can point me in the direction of extended highlights.

Are you sure he even touched the ball more than once in the second half? I remember he ran it into the corner during injury time (and tripped over his shoelaces and gave a goal kick).

monkey hanger 23-09-2018 07:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1217606)
Why i say i cant fathom 2 strikers, most of last season we played Billy @ Kayden and won the sodding league, this season until today we played 1 yet today we won our first home game???:confused::confused::confused::confused:

funny as well it made the game much more exciting as well. the first half went by without me looking at the clock. it will certainly get those occasional fans to come back for more unlike some other games.

andyd 23-09-2018 08:29

That is one of the best first half displays by an Accrington side I have witnessed differences for me were 2 upfront and though a few on here think Zanzala isn,t any good he caused there defence endless problems with is willingness to run at the defence agree he needs a bit more strength and stay on his feet more but he is a raw talent that will get better good use of the squad today by the management all team were for me 7 to 9,s, some really good players can,t even make the bench stay around the play off places and the floating fans will be back.