Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Donny Match Thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/donny-match-thread-70207.html)

mab 01-10-2018 23:29

Donny Match Thread

3rd place Rovers flying high looking for their 5th straight win come to town!! Hopefully Stanley can beat off a very good attack force John Marquis leads the club scoring charts with eight while Wilks already has four league goals, one more than he managed in his 21 Stanley appearances during his loan spell with the Reds last term. :) and claim there 3rd win on the bounce. Officials in the Middle Peter Wright will be the man in the middle when the two sides meet on Tuesday evening in Sky Bet League One. Wright is yet to take charge of a game involving either Rovers or Stanley, and this will be the eighth game he has taken control of this season. In his seven games so far, Wright has given out 21 yellow cards and brandished four red cards.
He will be joined by assistant referees Graeme Fyvie and Richard Bartlett, with Gary Hilton being named as the fourth official..

cashman 02-10-2018 07:43

Re: Donny Match Thread

Well if the ref is owt like the one at walsall, he will do for me.:)

monkey hanger 02-10-2018 08:22

really looking forward to this one. two teams in form and if its like the last game at home against them 3-2 to us then it sould be a good night out. is it also the first game of the season under the lights.

cashman 02-10-2018 08:34

Have to say agree with J.C. I love evening matches more than Sats. always have.:)

ossy kid 02-10-2018 20:46

Terrific win today, even the doubters have to start to believe now. Well done Stanley.

Chimer 02-10-2018 21:05

Great for Zanala to get on the scoresheet too :-)

cashman 02-10-2018 21:07

Another great team performance tonight,pleased Zanzala got it should do him a world of good i think.:) up to 5TH now come on you reds.:) also we created more and better chances than donny, they should have had many more bookings than they got, the ref was very lax i thought.

AccyMad 02-10-2018 21:42

Agree Cashy, they should've had bookings for half the team wearing bloody headbands :)

chevyfire 02-10-2018 21:48

I am so proud of are team right now. Especially after the last two games. Where we have beaten 2 very good sides. It's the same formula as last year. Great defending with a never say die attitude. And enough magic going forward to eek out goals. Another great team performance. Majority of team played well. Not sure Finley and kee worked particularly well up front but we still created the majority of the better chances on the night although we had to cope with a lot of pressure from Donny's forward play which we did manfully.
In comparison to previous seasons home attendance is up and the Clayton end party atmosphere is improving. If we keep winning and with the club further embedding in the local community with initiatives such as shirt give away it is sure to keep growing. Was impressed with the new stand.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

choirboy 02-10-2018 22:14

It was a fantastic night of action at The Wham stadium and the atmosphere was superb.:theband:
Both teams came out playing 'Slick' football right from the start. Doncaster looked very confident and as if they expected to win again tonight. They had a couple of good chances early on but Ripley was equal to any of their efforts. The save with his foot from Malik Wilks was just excellent! Stanley got into the game more as the half proceeded and could have scored on the stroke of half time when McConville struck the post from a free kick with their keeper well beaten and then the ball came back to McConville and he rattled the crossbar with his follow up shot!:jimbo:
My daughter and I went round to the new 'Eric Whalley Stand' just before half time to try out the seats and check the view of play. Plenty of leg room and a great view of the field of play especially under the brilliant new floodlights!
AT LAST STANLEY HAVE A PROPER FOOTBALL GROUND........Well done to Andy Holt and all those working hard behind the scenes to make these things happen.:mosher::mosher::mosher::mosher:
I know there are still jobs to do behind the stand but it looks just perfect for our club!
Back into the Clayton End for the whole of the second half and the atmosphere was simply superb with the Ultras in constant voice urging our boys on to victory. Victory finally came from Offrande Zanzala when he latched on to a Billy Kee pass and Offrande pressured their centre back into a rushed challenge. He got a yard ahead of the defender and raced in diagonally towards goal. The finish was wonderful with a well struck left footed drive under the goal keeper and into the far corner of the net.:theband::s_gupjump:s_gupjump
IT WAS JUST 'BONKERS' IN THE CLAYTON END BUT IT LOOKED LIKE THE WHOLE OF THE STANLEY SUPPORT FELT THE SAME TOO ALL AROUND THE GROUND WITH EVERYONE BOUNCING UP AND DOWN!
The Stanley boys controlled the last few minutes for a well earned victory against highly fancied opponents!:theband::signbeer:

Difficult to single out players as all our team played really well. Billy looked sharper and caused Donny lots of problems and he played some quick passes out to the wings which kept the momentum of our attacks high. Barlaser reminded me of Steven Gerrard at times. Scott Brown had a terrific game too. Our wingers Seany and Clicker were magnificent and the fitness of the whole team impressed me immensely! MOM rightly went to Ripley but Donny's keeper had a good night too.
:jimbo::mosher::jimbo:
We could all see just what the victory meant to the STANLEY Players and Management when they celebrated the win at the end. Applauding the fans and punching the air in acknowledgement of the part that the wonderful Stanley support had played in taking all three points!:theband::mosher:
Fifth place now and in the Play Off positions and level on points with Sunderland!:theband:
OOed a thowt it eh?:alright:
ON STANLEY ON:theband:
THE FUTURE IS LOOKING BRIGHT!
:hothothot:hothothot:hothothot

Lord Didsbury 02-10-2018 22:21

Who got MOTM? Couldn’t hear in the new stand. I assume it was Seany, but Clark was in it much more this week and had a stormer too.
Barlaser- the lad has some class.

Overall one of the best performances I’ve ever seen.

We are going up and that’s a fact.

VALAIRIAN 02-10-2018 22:23

Ripley :)

KiTChener 02-10-2018 22:39

[QUOTE=Lord Didsbury;

Overall one of the best performances I’ve ever seen.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely cracking game, what an advert for Lg 1!
Would have taken a point at half time, think we just about edged it against one of the best teams we have seen at the Crown!

VALAIRIAN 02-10-2018 22:43

Great game of footy, one of the best I have seen :)

Super performances all over the pitch, but really, really please for the young lad to get the winning goal, hope that will stop some of the moaners..... doubt it though :confused: :confused:

Lord Stiffupperlip 02-10-2018 23:05

Like a visit from the Flying Scotsman, Doncaster steamed into town proudly bearing their LNER pedigree on their shirts.
After four wins in a row, I bet they thought branch-line Stanley would prove ineffective against such a powerful locomotive.
How wrong they were. Stanley were as bright as their new floodlights & easily dominated a first half which should have seen us ahead at the break.
Second half saw the promotion favourites increase their work rate but m.o.m. Ripley proved invincible - again!
With Puffing Billy in his role as solitary striker, we were having little effect against their well organised defence the more the game progressed.
Then Coley made an inspired substitution by introducing Zanzala to the mix & bingo! - Rovers hit the buffers.
The Stanley express is back on track & with a good head of steam, running ahead of schedule.
The Flying Scotsman is an impressive loco, but give me 'Cock O' the North' any day.