Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Bratfud game thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/bratfud-game-thread-70351.html)

AccyMad 01-01-2019 13:16

Bratfud game thread

Back to playing 4 - 4 - 2, Zanzala in Coneelly on the bench - otherwise unchanged team. COYR!!!!

VALAIRIAN 01-01-2019 13:54

Re: Bratfud game thread

Would have been the way to go last game I would have thought??? :confused:

:) :) :)

Kiwi John 01-01-2019 14:24

@!y%$@%@&u$!#yu!!!

AccyMad 01-01-2019 14:30

Not going to plan so far - & that 4 - 4 - 2 system didn't last too long . . . . .

Kiwi John 01-01-2019 14:31

Ffs ...zanzala . $@@$%@^%@%$#%!!!

Kiwi John 01-01-2019 14:31

There goes my 'To score a goal ' multi

Kiwi John 01-01-2019 14:32

#@!$#@!$^#!$^!^#!^$!%&$@ . now i'm really ****ed

AccyMad 01-01-2019 14:38

I hereby give my official resignation as match thread starter :(

Kiwi John 01-01-2019 14:40

...and I will stay in bed for next match.

yonmon 01-01-2019 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1221409)
I hereby give my official resignation as match thread starter :(

A New Year Resolution resolved already ?? .. 😎

AccyMad 01-01-2019 14:50

7 minutes added at half time?!? Seriously? What is going on

Dav1d 01-01-2019 14:56

2-0 down, ten men. Great start to new year. Not looking good

AccyMad 01-01-2019 15:00

Someone who's there said it was the slightest of touches from Zanzala but their lad went down like he'd been shot & could've had an Oscar for his performance

choirboy 01-01-2019 15:11

Sounds like more good refereeing!

Kiwi John 01-01-2019 15:13

#$@^%$%^%^#% . Fix the f***** hole -please

AccyMad 01-01-2019 15:16

So, we take a defender off, put a striker on & concede again - sounds like pandemonium!!

yonmon 01-01-2019 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi John (Post 1221416)
#$@^%$%^%^#% . Fix the f***** hole -please

Happy New Year John ! ... That bed must be calling by now !!. 😎

Kiwi John 01-01-2019 15:37

Feckin won't be getting out of it come Ipswich game. :(

Kiwi John 01-01-2019 15:41

...at least we're not Rochdale...

AccyMad 01-01-2019 15:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi John (Post 1221420)
...at least we're not Rochdale...

Sshhhhh!

yonmon 01-01-2019 15:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi John (Post 1221419)
Feckin won't be getting out of it come Ipswich game. :(

You're only saying that to upset us all !.. but if you must ! 🤔🤔😎😎

yonmon 01-01-2019 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1221421)
Sshhhhh!

Is that a ' Shhhhhhh .. And get to sleep ! '.. or 'Shhhhhhh' and be careful what you say in front of the kids !'.. 😎

John !.. This is a bout of cheap Accy irony just to cheer you up !..

AccyMad will be satirising Sean Mc. at any moment now !...and that will be fun !. 😎

AccyMad 01-01-2019 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 1221423)
Is that a ' Shhhhhhh .. And get to sleep ! '.. or 'Shhhhhhh' and be careful what you say in front of the kids !'.. 😎

John !.. This is a bout of cheap Accy irony just to cheer you up !..

AccyMad will be satirising Sean Mc. at any moment now !...and that will be fun !. 😎

More like Ssshhhh don't tempt fate :rolleyes:
Our Sean's done nowt wrong, today's debacle is all the ref's fault :)

Kiwi John 01-01-2019 15:59

McDonalds profits will be taking a hammering.

AccyMad 01-01-2019 16:08

Coley out! :hidewall:

choirboy 01-01-2019 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1221424)
More like Ssshhhh don't tempt fate :rolleyes:
Our Sean's done nowt wrong, today's debacle is all the ref's fault :)

Surely not bad refereeing!

Kiwi John 01-01-2019 16:12

Ahhh..the ref. Shoot him.

choirboy 01-01-2019 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1221426)

I think the team must have been "Out" last night!

Kiwi John 01-01-2019 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1221426)

..add Holt, Bell, all staff...gone by lunch please...

Kiwi John 01-01-2019 16:27

SOMERSET in..

choirboy 01-01-2019 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi John (Post 1221431)
SOMERSET in..

Nay... Somerset's in hot water!

choirboy 01-01-2019 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi John (Post 1221431)
SOMERSET in..

I'm just drowning in ale!

Div3North 01-01-2019 17:23

Six yellows and a red? Doesn't that get us a fine?

:eek:

AccyMad 01-01-2019 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Div3North (Post 1221434)
Six yellows and a red? Doesn't that get us a fine?

:eek:

More than likely, although it sounds like we should send that particular bill to the referee

monkey hanger 01-01-2019 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1221436)
More than likely, although it sounds like we should send that particular bill to the referee

have not calmed down yet so i,ll say nothing else till the morning apart from saying i,m ashamed to be a fellow referee to mr. homer marsden. look yourself in the mirror young man you were a disgrace.

Lord Stiffupperlip 01-01-2019 17:46

Just what we need to start 2019!
Another drubbing & Zanzala out for the next 3 games.
'Stiffupperlip time!'

A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL STANLEY FANS, EVERYWHERE

Exile on Spencer St 01-01-2019 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1221437)
have not calmed down yet so i,ll say nothing else till the morning apart from saying i,m ashamed to be a fellow referee to mr. homer marsden. look yourself in the mirror young man you were a disgrace.

This guy’s record is unbelievable.
In sixteen games he’s reff’ed he’s ‘awarded’ 58 yellow cards and 4 reds. Hope he can control his bladder better than he can a football match.

cashman 01-01-2019 18:31

First the sending off, Zanzala was kicked from pillar to post NOTHING at all was done about it, by the useless pillock refereeing the game, then to us he seemed to flip and put in a real dangerous tackle. The crowd were constantly booing the lad, before that tackle at half time we were convinced it was deserved, at half time Andy Holt showed us his phone and it didn't look half as bad, then on the bus home the guy in front of us showed us his phone which was a close up of the tackle, and nodoubt at all to us it was a sending off. Stanley were flagged offside, but the Bradford free kick wastaken in Stanley Half, that demonstrates perfectly to anyone with sense what a pillock was reffing the game.Stanley overall did not play dirty yet 6 bookings, besides the sent off player,also Bradford beyond doubt deserved to win the game, they played very well, much better than the posh we thought, yet are low down in league 1.

Twenty Eight 01-01-2019 20:08

Horror tackle by Zanzala. Whoever told Accymad he hardly touched him ..........
Cashman often refers to “no plan b” and he’s right - made all the worse when our “plan a” has totally been found out by our opponents.
We get pressed high up the pitch and we can’t get out.
When we do get out I’m afraid our forwards are not good at hold up play.
Their keeper was dropping kicks on our 18 years box and invariably they picked up second balls meaning they were getting back to front in an instant. We can’t do that. A tough few weeks ahead.
As for the opening goal thanks lads for all going to sleep. Unacceptable.

Lord Didsbury 01-01-2019 20:30

Poor ref today, but I don’t think our players helped matters by their behaviour.
Clearly Bradford deserved their win, but when you are down to 10 men away, chasing the game after only 25 mins there’s not too much to read into the game.
Zanzala had a poor game when he was on the pitch. Tried to beat players but ended up falling over or diving. The crowd laughed at him a lot and he saw red.
We did have a decent number of chances but as usual of late, couldn’t score.

Not sure who comes out covered in glory. Sean had a decent game, Hall tried very hard...was going to say Hughes did well but maybe I should watch the highlights first and see if he was at fault for any of the goals.

pidge 01-01-2019 21:51

Ref had a shocker although I have to agree with him on the zanzala decision , definite red in my book , some of the bookings dished out were really petty an in the end he had lost complete control , were conceding far to many goals of late which is something that needs to be addressed , agree with Sean being the best of a not so great bunch today an thaught Connor Hall’s work rate when he came on was good to see. Little break from the league now could do us well I hope.

1976Bantan 02-01-2019 07:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1221443)
First the sending off, Zanzala was kicked from pillar to post NOTHING at all was done about it, by the useless pillock refereeing the game, then to us he seemed to flip and put in a real dangerous tackle. The crowd were constantly booing the lad, before that tackle at half time we were convinced it was deserved, at half time Andy Holt showed us his phone and it didn't look half as bad, then on the bus home the guy in front of us showed us his phone which was a close up of the tackle, and nodoubt at all to us it was a sending off. Stanley were flagged offside, but the Bradford free kick wastaken in Stanley Half, that demonstrates perfectly to anyone with sense what a pillock was reffing the game.Stanley overall did not play dirty yet 6 bookings, besides the sent off player,also Bradford beyond doubt deserved to win the game, they played very well, much better than the posh we thought, yet are low down in league 1.

Morning. Agreed the ref wasn’t great but can’t agree Zanzala was ‘kicked from pillar to post’. As one of your fellow posters has said he seemed to fall over/dive a fair bit, had the crowd on his back and as a result took it out on our player O’Brien (who had to go to hospital for stitches in his shin) - red card all day long and I’d say O’Brien was lucky it wasn’t worse.

Coleman must be very frustrated as I think it was Zanzala who ran the game when we played at your place, albeit as your posters have said we’re a different team from then to now.

As for the offside call you mention, think this is the 2nd or 3rd season in operation for the offside law change where the free kick is given at the point the player commits the offence, even if it’s in his own half e.g. you could be 10 yards inside the opponent’s half when the ball is played, but it’s just cut out by a defender, you then run straight back into your own half to tackle him - the free kick will now be given at the point you became offside i.e. interfered.

It’s pretty rare, but we had one given against us in very similar circumstances in the first season the change was live. I’ve pasted an extract from a newspaper article at the time the change was announced:

“Part of the law book says when players commit an offside offence you give a free-kick where the offence occurred. The other part of the law book says you give a free-kick where the player was when he was in the offside position. So a player can actually move 20 yards from being in an offside position … and it is only the moment he plays the ball that he is penalised. The law tells you to give the free-kick in two different places.

“So, in future, the free-kick will always be given where he commits the offside offence, even if he is in his own half, because you cannot be in an offside position in your own half, but you can go back into your own half to commit an offside offence.”

So whilst I get why you’re having a go at the ref about his handling of the game, you can’t criticise him for that particular decision! Good luck for the rest of the season.

monkey hanger 02-01-2019 09:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1221443)

zanzala was sent off because he lost it due to the ref. giving the benefit of any doubt to the home side which he constantly did for the first 60 minutes . kick a dog enough and they will eventually bite you. giving an offside decision and then allowing the side to take the free kick in the opposition half would not be seen even in kids football. anyone who never went to the game would have thought with 6 cautions and a sending off we went there just to give em a good kicking and nothing was further from the truth. funny how their no.22 who firstly had a go at zanzala and then billy only got a talking to. at the end of the day however it could have been a different game if we had switched on for their first goal.

cashman 02-01-2019 09:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1221463)
zanzala was sent off because he lost it due to the ref. giving the benefit of any doubt to the home side which he constantly did for the first 60 minutes . kick a dog enough and they will eventually bite you. giving an offside decision and then allowing the side to take the free kick in the opposition half would not be seen even in kids football. anyone who never went to the game would have thought with 6 cautions and a sending off we went there just to give em a good kicking and nothing was further from the truth. funny how their no.22 who firstly had a go at zanzala and then billy only got a talking to. at the end of the day however it could have been a different game if we had switched on for their first goal.

Thats what i said?

Greeny 02-01-2019 09:53

The ref gave everything to Bradford, our 10 men were playing against 12 men. Yellow cards were so petty, yet Bradford players doing the same didn,t get cards. Bradford even got the throw in when it was them who have kicked the ball out.
A complete disgrace from the ref. We looked like a filthy team because or the bookings .
Hope that is the last of the bad bunch.

monkey hanger 02-01-2019 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greeny (Post 1221470)
The ref gave everything to Bradford, our 10 men were playing against 12 men. Yellow cards were so petty, yet Bradford players doing the same didn,t get cards. Bradford even got the throw in when it was them who have kicked the ball out.
A complete disgrace from the ref. We looked like a filthy team because or the bookings .
Hope that is the last of the bad bunch.

god help us if we have him at sunderland infront of an even bigger crowd. if you let a large crowd and a big ground affect you then being a football league referee is not for you. do not worry if the bad bunch means the inexperianced refs. then we,ll see the like again as we do seem to get more of our fair share of em.

Lord Didsbury 02-01-2019 13:14

Their player taking an offside free kick in our half was wrong, but so trivial. One bloke behind me must have nearly had a stroke getting so bloody angry. It gained them all of 3 yards.

Often players don’t get booked for kicking the ball away. Maybe they should. However, Ripley clearly deserved to be booked for booting the ball away as it denied them a good opportunity and he did boot it away quite a distance.

Clark’s booking didn’t surprise me. You could hear the Bradford players shin pad getting a crack from the back of the stand.

In contrast, I thought Bradford were a much more disciplined team.

Yes, the ref was poor in my opinion but not biased

cashman 02-01-2019 13:17

Well if you think not biased everyone i know including me must have been at a different game.:rolleyes: aint saying some of ours were not deserved, but Bradford got away with loads before Zanzala was deservedly sent off.

Twenty Eight 02-01-2019 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1221474)
Their player taking an offside free kick in our half was wrong, but so trivial. One bloke behind me must have nearly had a stroke getting so bloody angry. It gained them all of 3 yards.

Often players don’t get booked for kicking the ball away. Maybe they should. However, Ripley clearly deserved to be booked for booting the ball away as it denied them a good opportunity and he did boot it away quite a distance.

Clark’s booking didn’t surprise me. You could hear the Bradford players shin pad getting a crack from the back of the stand.

In contrast, I thought Bradford were a much more disciplined team.

Yes, the ref was poor in my opinion but not biased

I don't have any issues with referees applying the strict letter of the law ..... provided the referee remains consistent.
So when the Bradford player launches the ball into the stand well after the whistle was blown is that any different to Ripley ?
The Clark one was not a booking. The ref simply reacted to the crack from the shin pad.

Again with dissent why was Billy booked for protesting over the challenge on Finlay (given) but the 5 man mob jostling him after Zanzala's tackle was acceptable ?
I'm not going to suggest for one minute he set out to be biased.
As for the free kick in our half for the offside that is inept refereeing and again poor on the lino's part. Just because a fan vented his frustration shouldn't annoy you ....... its called passion for your club.

Simpson 02-01-2019 14:48

I'm not a referee but have previously vented at the officials for allowing free kicks for off side to be taken inside the half way line. Apparently that's where you take it if at the point of the pass the player is in the opposing half (and offside) but then only becomes active when he either receives or moves towards the ball having run into their own half. Whilst i don't fully understand the rule , i have seen seasoned TV commentators spout the same incredulity and be corrected by the ex referee pundit on sky.

As for the sending off, what frustrated me was not their players surrounding the ref, but that ours didn't bother.
It took Clark to spot the potential red and run 20 yards to get amongst their players and the ref to fight Zanzala's corner.
Barlaser and Finley who were closest looked disinterested. I've just watched the highlights to verify my recollection from yesterday.

Twenty Eight 02-01-2019 15:02

That really sums up how ridiculous the offside rules have become. I would truly **** myself if a clearance got caught in the wind and Billy set off backwards finally becoming active in his own box.
Is that a penalty then ? Hahaha !
Thanks for the nod Simpson.
You learn something every day.

ASFC1019 02-01-2019 17:11

Simpson is correct, the placement of an indirect free kick is from the point where the attacker interferes/plays the ball so therefore it can be in the oppositions half.
If the situation you mention Twenty Eight happens it would still be an indirect free kick in penalty area. Can't be a penalty as its indirect.
Hope this clears up that bit of confusion.

Jeg Red 02-01-2019 21:16

Don’t panic! Trying to put a bit of balance into things. We’ve been under par in the last 2 games and been well beaten, however, in balance, we’re mid table one level up from last season and learning at this level with a decent 3rd round FA cup tie to look forward to and a Checkatrade Cup game closely following.

Agree with Coley that we started brightly, and for me, seemed to get rattled by Ripley’s booking, lost concentration and conceded a sloppy goal. Zanzala didn’t seem to handle the occasion, let the crowd get to him, and overcommitted to recover a poor first touch by lunging in. Good move for Scott Brown to get into dressing room to be present when Zanzala get back there. We switched off again for second goal. Management team set stall out to have a go in second half with substitutions and formation change, only to be undone with a decent goal 5 mins in, albeit we did stand off the lad on the edge of the box. Huffed and puffed from then on with no real threat.

If someone had offered me being in this position over half way through the season, I’d gladly have taken it.

That all said, we need to quickly get out of this sticky period quickly as the danger of getting sucked into a relegation battle is a risk.

Not long ago, we were 4th and we haven’t turned into a bad side overnight - other teams may have worked us out, but let’s remember, we’re a league up from last season and against better players and managers.

monkey hanger 03-01-2019 09:35

[QUOTE=Lord Didsbury;1221474]Their player taking an offside free kick in our half was wrong, but so trivial. One bloke behind me must have nearly had a stroke getting so bloody angry. It gained them all of 3 yards.

it aint trivial. why should football be different from other sports. in rugby a free kick is taken from the place where the offence is committed. a line out or scrum is where the ball goes out of play. in football you get free kicks taken in the wrong position and throw ins, well ten yards further upfield seems acceptable. if cricket follows football than a bowler can deliver the ball a few yards nearer to a batsman so we can then do without no balls.

ASFC1019 03-01-2019 09:47

Monkey hanger, you should really go and have a read of the laws of the game if you think the ref was incorrect to have the placement of the free kick from an offside offence in the other half.
This changed around 2 and a half years ago and is now from the place where the attacker is when the offside is penalised so hence can be in the other half.
If that happened to be in the penalty area then it would be an indirect free kick not a penalty.

ferret man 03-01-2019 14:58

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1221518]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1221474)

it aint trivial. why should football be different from other sports. in rugby a free kick is taken from the place where the offence is committed. a line out or scrum is where the ball goes out of play. in football you get free kicks taken in the wrong position and throw ins, well ten yards further upfield seems acceptable. if cricket follows football than a bowler can deliver the ball a few yards nearer to a batsman so we can then do without no balls.

Cricket has already followed football as we have had cheats in cricket for a while now, batsmen would walk if they got the slightest snick on the edge of the bat (if caught) not any more, and then the ball tampering nuff said

cashman 03-01-2019 15:56

To be honest i reckon anyone who aint bothered about cheats aint a real Sports Fan? am i wrong or what?

Chewbacca 03-01-2019 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1221482)
That really sums up how ridiculous the offside rules have become. I would truly **** myself if a clearance got caught in the wind and Billy set off backwards finally becoming active in his own box.
Is that a penalty then ? Hahaha !
Thanks for the nod Simpson.
You learn something every day.

It has been that way since the offside law came into place, but the free kick has only been where the player goes for the ball rather than the initial position for the last 3/4 years, hence it cane now be anywhere.

It was clear at the game that a lot of fans didn't have a clue.

Hardly the officials' fault though.

Exile on Spencer St 04-01-2019 07:45

No wonder refs are held in such low esteem if they have to enforce such nonsense.
So, an attacking player standing alone in the opponents’ half isn’t offside unless he ‘interferes’ with play, but if he runs back into his own half in order to ‘interfere’ with play, he’s offside.

monkey hanger 04-01-2019 08:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASFC1019 (Post 1221520)
Monkey hanger, you should really go and have a read of the laws of the game if you think the ref was incorrect to have the placement of the free kick from an offside offence in the other half.
This changed around 2 and a half years ago and is now from the place where the attacker is when the offside is penalised so hence can be in the other half.
If that happened to be in the penalty area then it would be an indirect free kick not a penalty.

it was a different incident to what you and exile have mentioned. he became active in the bradford half of the play a few yards into their half and not in our half. if it had been in our half i imagine the linesman would have positioned himself on the half way line and not a few yards back in their half opposite where the kick should have been from.

monkey hanger 04-01-2019 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1221558)
No wonder refs are held in such low esteem if they have to enforce such nonsense.
So, an attacking player standing alone in the opponents’ half isn’t offside unless he ‘interferes’ with play, but if he runs back into his own half in order to ‘interfere’ with play, he’s offside.

try selling such nonsence on a sunday morning or saturday afternoon local games when you,re on your own in the middle. actually tthe majority of football played is that type even without under age kids games. refs are packing up every season in good numbers and these laws do not help due to extra conflict with players. actually when the off side law was changed a number of us were told by a current league referee to basically keep the old system going in local football to avoid dissent.

Lord Stiffupperlip 04-01-2019 10:15

I think it was Bill Shankly who famously said;
"If he's not interfering with play, what's he doing on the pitch?"

Exile on Spencer St 04-01-2019 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip (Post 1221570)
I think it was Bill Shankly who famously said;
"If he's not interfering with play, what's he doing on the pitch?"

Aye, but he wasn’t meaning refs! :rolleyes: