Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Sunderland game (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/sunderland-game-70357.html)

AccyMad 04-01-2019 10:40

Sunderland game

Rearranged for Friday, 15th February & will be shown live on Sky!! Kerching ££!! :)

Whoops!! Scratch that - it's the away fixture that's on Sky, silly me read it all wrong :)

Chimer 04-01-2019 10:49

Re: Sunderland game

Hopefully it might still send some ££££ our way?

Just for a minute I thought we were playing them home and away over 2 days - now that would be fun:D

Exile on Spencer St 04-01-2019 14:15

Bumholes, that’s probably scuppered going to the Stadium of Light for us.

Lord Didsbury 04-01-2019 20:43

Wot a bummer!
Will probably still go - some hopeful dash up the A1, arriving with minutes to spare.
I’m not one for making away matches into some full day ****up, and I like evening games, so in some respects it shouldn’t make that much difference but Fridays are a bit weird for footy aren’t they?
There will be a lot of people who will not be able to make it, or it will be a huge faff, or have been looking forward to the big day out all season. Probably kill the atmosphere.

Apparently we get a paltry £10k from Sky for it.

sherry 04-01-2019 22:17

Apparently we don't get anything. Changed arrangement re the distribution of SKY money amongst League 1 teams.

AccyMad 04-01-2019 22:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherry (Post 1221593)
Apparently we don't get anything. Changed arrangement re the distribution of SKY money amongst League 1 teams.

Seriously? So they change a fixture to suit Sky & in doing so make it difficult for some fans to attend, mad as some of us are about it I think most probably thought at least it's money in the bank for the club but we get diddly squat?!? Ohhhh, i feel a rant coming on :mad:

sherry 04-01-2019 23:14

quote from Darragh MacAnthony to Andy on twitter

"None per game for L1 anymore. We all agreed it went into pot as opposed to old way where home team got I think 35k & away team 10k. Usual teams always on and others never on hence a divy up amongst all teams through year as opposed to that way. Sorry pal no dough bonus."

Dav1d 04-01-2019 23:43

Supposedly we have written to the EFL asking game to be changed back to Saturday due to fans losing money on Travel/accomfation

VALAIRIAN 05-01-2019 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherry (Post 1221600)
quote from Darragh MacAnthony to Andy on twitter

"None per game for L1 anymore. We all agreed it went into pot as opposed to old way where home team got I think 35k & away team 10k. Usual teams always on and others never on hence a divy up amongst all teams through year as opposed to that way. Sorry pal no dough bonus."

So that means we get more then???? :confused:

Or have I read it wrongly??

:) :) :)

cashman 05-01-2019 10:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1221608)
So that means we get more then???? :confused:

Or have I read it wrongly??

:) :) :)

Are yeh still boiled joe? dont read that way to me,

VALAIRIAN 05-01-2019 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1221609)
Are yeh still boiled joe? dont read that way to me,

:D :D :D

Must be how I am reading it Cashy :)

monkey hanger 05-01-2019 10:19

[QUOTE=Lord Didsbury;1221588]Wot a bummer!

There will be a lot of people who will not be able to make it, or it will be a huge faff, or have been looking forward to the big day out all season.

being retired it should not bother me. its not going up thats the trouble its coming back with all the pop up nightime road works wether you go up the a1 or a19. and getting home in the early hours of the morning and being knackered all next day.

AccyMad 05-01-2019 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dav1d (Post 1221602)
Supposedly we have written to the EFL asking game to be changed back to Saturday due to fans losing money on Travel/accomfation

Sod be good if that happened but unfortunately can't see it - at least we'd have tried though

Lord Stiffupperlip 05-01-2019 10:28

That Sky can dictate when any particular game can be held to suit their own ends & b****r any inconvenience for real fans only confirms who is really controlling our game.
The EFL are but custodians of football & it's time that clubs had a veto over decisions that adversely affect their own fans.
They say 'money talks', but without real fans there would be no game.

Crown Grounder 05-01-2019 12:12

I'm still going, staying Friday and Saturday night at that Hotel next to the Stadium. Make a weekend of it, unless the 5th round intervenes ....which I doubt for some reason?