Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Bury checkarubbish trophy (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/bury-checkarubbish-trophy-70366.html)

James Cheverton 08-01-2019 22:45

Bury checkarubbish trophy

Looks like no wembley trip this year barring a late season play off surge.
First half fairly even, both team created chances. Second half, bury carved us open going forward and where more clinical. Hughes nearly scored from 2 yards out at 2-2 could have been a different game. None of the squad players particularly stud out for me. The likes of Clark, kee and mcconville created good chances first half. I sure bury in the bigger picture would rather swap places with us l1 and still in fa cup.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Chrisr 08-01-2019 22:56

Re: Bury checkarubbish trophy

The second half was diabolical. Zen Mohamed was substituted at half time despite having had a decent first half. It was downhill from there. We were unable to cope with the easiest of attacks. the rest of the subs were too late to be effective. It was a good game in many ways but we should have done much better.

Chimer 08-01-2019 23:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Cheverton (Post 1222025)
Looks like no wembley trip this year barring a late season play off surge.

Good news for AccyMad at least, means her principles won't receive the ultimate test this season :D

AccyMad 09-01-2019 07:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1222037)
Good news for AccyMad at least, means her principles won't receive the ultimate test this season :D

My thoughts exactly :D

cashman 09-01-2019 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisr (Post 1222026)
The second half was diabolical. Zen Mohamed was substituted at half time despite having had a decent first half. It was downhill from there. We were unable to cope with the easiest of attacks. the rest of the subs were too late to be effective. It was a good game in many ways but we should have done much better.

We thought Zen was very poor to be honest,and were glad tosee the back of him at half time, the marking by him was very poor, the bury lads were left to run amock. the problemwith his substitution though was " Super Johnny Colemsan" had NO DEFENDERS on the bench, which was pathetic.so he put a winger on for a full back. How many wingers did we finish with on the field? that tome is where the real fault lies.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Lord Stiffupperlip 09-01-2019 09:38

The Ju Ju Gods of the FA have spoken;
'Thou shalt have no other cup but me!'

smudgie 09-01-2019 10:12

Must admit I was very disappointed after last night.

Looked like we where cruising after 45 minutes, Clark the best player on the pitch by a mile for me in the first half.

I actually thought both young full back's did ok, considering they hadn't played at this level before. (Wood played against Mansfield agreed). Obviously Coley didn't agree but quite why Clark was shunted to right back I have no idea, as it completely nullified our main attacking threat.

Fair play to Lowe and Bury as soon as they made the subs it completely changed the game. Personally thought Maynard was superb , made the game look easy.

Only positive for me in the second half was Sousa who I thought showed some great touches in his cameo. Would have scored with his first touch if it wasn't for a wonder save from their keeper too.

#annoyed

monkey hanger 09-01-2019 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1222076)
" had NO DEFENDERS on the bench, which was pathetic.so he put a winger on for a full back. How many wingers did we finish with on the field? that tome is where the real fault lies.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

could it have been there was no other defenders to pick from. if i,d seen the team sheet before the game i do not think i,d have bothered turning up. finished the game with 4 wingers on the pitch and really got what we deserved in the end against a more experianced bury side. its not the end of the world but i did think that this could have been our year in the trophy.

smudgie 09-01-2019 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1222093)
could it have been there was no other defenders to pick from. if i,d seen the team sheet before the game i do not think i,d have bothered turning up. finished the game with 4 wingers on the pitch and really got what we deserved in the end against a more experianced bury side. its not the end of the world but i did think that this could have been our year in the trophy.

Both Ogle (Southport) and Rodgers (Hartlepool) im assuming are out on loan until the end of the season too?? :confused:

Inspector Morse 09-01-2019 11:07

Conneely would have been better at RB.
There were 2 centre mids on bench.

monkey hanger 09-01-2019 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie (Post 1222094)
Both Ogle (Southport) and Rodgers (Hartlepool) im assuming are out on loan until the end of the season too?? :confused:

rodgers was only for a month at pools and should be back with us in a week or so. might be classed as one of coleys 3 new signings then.

cashman 09-01-2019 12:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1222093)

Well Zen is from the academy, we must have more than 1 defender in that? otherwise we are gonna be knackered. imho thats if no others were available,

Exile on Spencer St 09-01-2019 16:26

Anyone know what the starting line-up and subs were last night?
Can't find any gen on it.

Reamer 09-01-2019 16:48

Starting line-up

Maxted
Mohammed,Richards-Everton,Hughes,Wood
Clark,Brown,Conneely,McConville
Kee,Zanzala

Subs
Savin, Williams, Finley(for Brown), Sousa(on for Wood), Mangan, Mingoia(on for Mohammed), Barlaser