Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   vs Bristol Rovers thread. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/vs-bristol-rovers-thread-70372.html)

Kiwi John 12-01-2019 14:16

vs Bristol Rovers thread.

C'mon u reds.:dancedog:

Kiwi John 12-01-2019 15:36

Re: vs Bristol Rovers thread.

..just 1 goal will do it STANLEY...just 1.

Kiwi John 12-01-2019 15:55

1 point better than 0.

LongLostSon 12-01-2019 15:59

yeah, but disappointing on a paper easier game eh Kiwi :(

Kiwi John 12-01-2019 16:20

Aye

choirboy 12-01-2019 16:32

Yet another SHOCKING Referee!:pain30:
Bristol Rovers must have kicked or thrown the ball away something like 40 times during the match today. They also were allowed to constantly pull, push and tug at our players and I think it took until the 86th minute for the Referee to realise that he actually had a Yellow Card in his pocket!
:eek::stupid::end::stop:

cashman 12-01-2019 16:39

We have a Ref that stands with us he couldn't believe how completely inept yon mon was today. the first half was dire, our distribution was terrible, improved in second half, but still nowt to write home about, thought the 2 new lads did ok, considering they hadn,t trained with the lads, Why when we have a couple of big lads does Sean Mac continue with his crap short corners? it defies logic to us, J.C. was asked this question at the meeting before christmas and said he dont like taking them, WELL yeh coulda fooled me.

Lord Didsbury 12-01-2019 17:35

I thought we played well - especially second half.
Yep, ref was crap but didn’t make any difference to the result.
MOTM? Sykes, Johnson or Finley. Can’t decide.

Nowt wrong with those short corners Cashy. Better than just floating them into the area when we have too many short arses. We scored from one last time when Big Ben got a header on, but Big Ben ain’t in the team so no point.

football19 12-01-2019 17:35

Yonmon inept??,bit harsh that,he’s getting on a bit now!!!!

yonmon 12-01-2019 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1222629)
Yonmon inept??,bit harsh that,he’s getting on a bit now!!!!

AND pointing out to all and sundry that I am now a person of advancing years is not at all what I expected from a Wigan gentleman !!.

But Cashy was totally correct in his summing up of yon mon with the whistle. But as I was taken to task only two weeks ago for suggesting that we had yet to see the worst of Referees in League One, I will let others analyse today's excuse for a football official and be content !.

' Getting on a bit '.. accurate but hurtful Ian !

ON STANLEY !.. ON TO GREATER THINGS !!. 😎

AccyMad 12-01-2019 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1222624)
Yet another SHOCKING Referee!:pain30:
Bristol Rovers must have kicked or thrown the ball away something like 40 times during the match today. They also were allowed to constantly pull, push and tug at our players and I think it took until the 86th minute for the Referee to realise that he actually had a Yellow Card in his pocket!
:eek::stupid::end::stop:

And yet the press guys from Bristol sat behind us thought, surprisingly, that the ref did ok :rolleyes:

Lord Stiffupperlip 12-01-2019 21:06

Into each life a little rain must fall.
Perhaps today's stalemate was only to be expected.
Rovers arrived unbeaten in 4 to face a hastily restructured Stanley.
Our distribution in the first half was woeful, with some almost suicidal blunder passes - 2 by Sykes direct to their forwards.
The Gas had the better of a frustrating 45 minutes, with some fast slick passing.
Stanley improved second half to create some good chances, but Rovers still proved dangerous on the break.
I thought both Gibson & Armstrong slotted in well & barely put a foot wrong.
Armstrong in particular made himself a real nuisance up front & I can see him forming an exciting partnership with Kee.
Two aspects of our game continue to baffle & frustrate;
1. Our inability to create anything from set-pieces, especially corners. I'm beginning to think if Stanley hit corners for 90 minutes, they'd fail to score one.
2. The obvious instruction for the whole team to retreat faster than the speed of light into our own half as soon as any attack breaks down, leaving the opposition unmolested to build attacks from their own half.
By contrast, the Gas harassed Maxted every time he got his hands on the ball to prevent him from building a quick counter attack .
Got to agree that some of the blatant fouls that went unpunished by the ref reached teeth gnashing proportions.
Predicted a hard fought draw & so it proved - happy with a point.

Twenty Eight 12-01-2019 22:15

Can I ask an honest question ? Why oh why does McConville still have absolute authority over every single set piece ?
If he had a ratio of assists / goals that proved this was the right thing to do I’d get it.
However seeing Jordan Clark stood on the half way line whenever we have an attacking set piece just leaves me scratching my head ...... and has done for ages.

Revived Red 13-01-2019 00:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1222628)
Nowt wrong with those short corners Cashy. Better than just floating them into the area when we have too many short arses. We scored from one last time when Big Ben got a header on, but Big Ben ain’t in the team so no point.

Wrong! The goal came from a free kick, not a corner.

smudgie 13-01-2019 08:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1222638)
Can I ask an honest question ? Why oh why does McConville still have absolute authority over every single set piece ?
If he had a ratio of assists / goals that proved this was the right thing to do I’d get it.
However seeing Jordan Clark stood on the half way line whenever we have an attacking set piece just leaves me scratching my head ...... and has done for ages.

The golden child ! :hidewall: