Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Charlton Thread. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/charlton-thread-70385.html)

cashman 19-01-2019 13:29

Charlton Thread.

Strong line up i reckon today. very hopeful of a good result.

mab 19-01-2019 13:30

Addicks Match Thread

Line ups at the Valley :)
Charlton: Phillips, Solly, Bauer, Sarr, Purrington, Cullen, Bielik, Pratley, Williams, Taylor, Grant. Subs: Maxwell, Dijksteel, Marshall, Fosu, Reeves, Lapslie, Ocran.
Accrington Stanley: Maxted, Johnson, Hughes, Clark, McConville, Finley, Sykes, Barlaser, Kee, Gibson, Armstrong. Subs: Evtimov, Brown, Wood, Sousa, Rodgers, Mangan, Connelly.

mab 19-01-2019 13:31

Re: Addicks Match Thread

can a mod deleat this thread please cashy beat me to it :)

mab 19-01-2019 13:32

Re: Charlton Thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1223081)
Strong line up i reckon today. very hopeful of a good result.

Line ups at the Valley
Charlton: Phillips, Solly, Bauer, Sarr, Purrington, Cullen, Bielik, Pratley, Williams, Taylor, Grant. Subs: Maxwell, Dijksteel, Marshall, Fosu, Reeves, Lapslie, Ocran.
Accrington Stanley: Maxted, Johnson, Hughes, Clark, McConville, Finley, Sykes, Barlaser, Kee, Gibson, Armstrong. Subs: Evtimov, Brown, Wood, Sousa, Rodgers, Mangan, Connelly.

Div3North 19-01-2019 13:38

Presume The Don may not be match-fit ..........?

Lemur 19-01-2019 13:43

personal reasons ?

cashman 19-01-2019 14:50

0-0 Half Time so far so good. Stanley 6 attempts Charlton 2.

Kiwi John 19-01-2019 15:05

C'mon STANLEY.

Kiwi John 19-01-2019 15:44

Taylor RED-got a better sniff now. C'MON STANLEY

Kiwi John 19-01-2019 15:45

&*%^&^$%&^*&^%(* . Didn't show that Maxted gone as well. Stupid game.

cashman 19-01-2019 15:55

good job we signed a new keeper hope he cansave this feckin penalty:mad:Bullocks 1-0 to them

Kiwi John 19-01-2019 15:55

^&%#$*&(%^&U^%$@&^*&(*^*(*&^E%W&%^$%(O*&^RE%&E$(*T R^(&*^&$W&E^*&^RE#QTY Hate Charlton.

Kiwi John 19-01-2019 15:59

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

AccyMad 19-01-2019 16:02

Two words - daylight robbery!!! (

cashman 19-01-2019 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1223094)

I got two words but dont want banning.

choirboy 19-01-2019 16:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1223094)

Dare I ask how John Busby performed?:cool:

ABSOLUTELY SICK AS A PARROT!:signthis::mad:

Kiwi John 19-01-2019 16:27

'The ref was a complete waste of space'
' The linesman was a graduate from the local School for the Blind'
' Charlton were the dirtiest outfit we have encountered since Noah was a cowboy'....

ferret man 19-01-2019 17:28

Have a look at Ding Dong on you tube via ASFC

choirboy 19-01-2019 17:29

Just watched Jimmy Bell do the post match interview on the 'Fishy site'!:eek:

NEVER SEEN JIMMY SO ANGRY BEFORE.....:dflam:

cashman 19-01-2019 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1223099)

He has every right to be angry in my view.

Lord Didsbury 19-01-2019 18:52

The penalty was a bit point blank range but not surprised it was given when you see it on telly. Arms come out and block the shot.

Chrisr 19-01-2019 19:19

I wasn't at the match but from all accounts the officials were poor yet again. The time for more action to be taken against poor officials is long overdue. I am sure we all have our own ideas, In all divisions we see mistakes that are so blatantly obvious you wonder why the officials didn't see it. or at least explain why they made the decision. I don't expect perfection as anyone can make a mistake. VAR was seen to be lacking in the Derby v Sot'on game. Perhaps a good discussion and some positive suggestions that could be forwarded to the powers that be would help all our clubs.

Exile on Spencer St 19-01-2019 20:09

Difficult to reasonably comment on a match like that one.
As to the officials, up until the sending offs they were OK. The linesmen first denied a Charlton goal but then cocked up big time as far as Stanley we’re concerned. After that his ‘assistant’ (i.e. the ref:rolleyes:) then totally lost control of things for the last ten minutes.
Unfortunately, however, I suspect the club will be in for a big fine for the way almost all the Stanley players ‘remonstrated’ with the linesman after the alleged penalty decision. Never seen such behaviour, outside of South America in the 70s, towards a match official.
From where we sat we couldn’t see what happened with Charlton’s disallowed goal, then goalmouth melee, then sending off. But the very brief video ‘highlights’ clearly show Maxted being knocked off his feet, which is why their goal was disallowed. It also seems to confirm Jimmy Bell’s view of that incident that Maxted was the wronged party. It wasn’t the first time Taylor has been a pain in Stanley’s posterior and his laughing at getting himself and Maxted sent off says much about him.
As to the penalty, again we were a long way from it, and the ref clearly didn’t blow up for it. But it was the same linesman again who ruled the roost. Strangely, Barlaser’s alleged offending arm was his right, the one in line of sight of the ref but on the wrong side for the linesman. Unless the latter also has x-ray vision.
Perhaps Referee Busby was frightened of over-ruling his linesman. Bullying in the work place, maybe?
Pity really, as it soured what was otherwise a good game. Agree with Mr.Bell that Stanley were not at their best. Bit disjointed and young Mr. Gibson was up against their most dangerous player in Taylor and his lack of match experience showed. Thought their midfield generally out played ours but I thought we battled enough for a point that was, frustratingly and perhaps harshly, denied Stanley in the end.
Five points from safety? The battle has begun.

VALAIRIAN 19-01-2019 20:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1223099)

I have never seen Jimmy NOT angry............ :confused:

:) :) :)

Simpson 19-01-2019 20:18

The penalty looks harsh, but equally I couldn’t see anything wrong with the goal that they headed in from the corner preceding the sending off, just melee and a keeper being blocked and over protected. Any views and what am I missing ?
That’s 9 points from our last 13 league games. I don’t expect Bradford or Plymouth (who we play second to last game) to finish in the bottom 3 so I’m looking at Rochdale and Gillingham as the teams to stay above, that’s a gap of 4 points not 5.

Listening to Jimmy in interview and the importance of that point lost today, I sense I’m not alone in looking over my shoulder.

Finally, Can we appeal Maxted red, the tv footage doesn’t convict him nor exonerate? Where is Richards Everton ?

VALAIRIAN 19-01-2019 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1223103)
As to the officials, up until the sending offs they were OK. The linesmen first denied a Charlton goal but then cocked up big time as far as Stanley we’re concerned. After that his ‘assistant’ (i.e. the ref:rolleyes:) then totally lost control of things for the last ten minutes.
Unfortunately, however, I suspect the club will be in for a big fine for the way almost all the Stanley players ‘remonstrated’ with the linesman after the alleged penalty decision. Never seen such behaviour, outside of South America in the 70s, towards a match official.
From where we sat we couldn’t see what happened with Charlton’s disallowed goal, then goalmouth melee, then sending off. But the very brief video ‘highlights’ clearly show Maxted being knocked off his feet, which is why their goal was disallowed. It also seems to confirm Jimmy Bell’s view of that incident that Maxted was the wronged party. It wasn’t the first time Taylor has been a pain in Stanley’s posterior and his laughing at getting himself and Maxted sent off says much about him.
As to the penalty, again we were a long way from it, and the ref clearly didn’t blow up for it. But it was the same linesman again who ruled the roost. Strangely, Barlaser’s alleged offending arm was his right, the one in line of sight of the ref but on the wrong side for the linesman. Unless the latter also has x-ray vision.
Perhaps Referee Busby was frightened of over-ruling his linesman. Bullying in the work place, maybe?
Pity really, as it soured what was otherwise a good game. Agree with Mr.Bell that Stanley were not at their best. Bit disjointed and young Mr. Gibson was up against their most dangerous player in Taylor and his lack of match experience showed. Thought their midfield generally out played ours but I thought we battled enough for a point that was, frustratingly and perhaps harshly, denied Stanley in the end.

The truest words spoken this season I am afraid.........................

Twenty Eight 19-01-2019 20:30

Forget about the controversial incidents to start with.
We were second best in the middle of the park.
Yet again our left side was targeted to great effect.
That said we created a couple of decent chances - but not as many as Charlton.
Now for the controversy.
I have no idea what kicked off when Charlton scored and who did what when how.
That’s with the benefit of looking at it now at least five times online and live so how the sendings off came about I don’t know.
Now the handball.
I immediately put my head in my hands when it happened.
I thought he left his arm out there.
If I’m honest had the boot been on the other foot I’d have been demanding a penalty.
That said the ref had the best view and said no.
How on earth the linesman could be so definitive baffles me.
We’re in a battle now and need to start getting points on the board.
Gillingham away is critical - we need something.
Next week is a distraction for me.

andyd 19-01-2019 21:47

Stanley played and battled bravely throughout the game do think we are a bit lightweight in midfield and we need to start scoring not commenting on the decisions because these things happen but having said that we totally deserved a point today keep battling like that and we,ll be okay, just a mention on the day out best away trip in an age all locals polite and friendly helpful in pointing us to the right train to and from the car and to top it all drank pre match in a private club full of Millwall lads who have said come back anytime and use the club and carpark parking for free never call that club to me cracking lads.

Revived Red 19-01-2019 23:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1223103)

In total agreement with Sir Exile. As for the penalty award, it seemed to me that the linesman (sorry - assistant referee) only raised his flag in response to the shouts from the Charlton fans. I am aure that we will be in trouble (a) for the incident which led to the two dismissals, (b) for the way the Stanley players surrounded the officials after the penalty award, and (c) for the Stanley part in the melee in the tunnel at the end of the game.

I agree with andyd about the friendly locals and stewards - and police. But what an absolutely huge police presence. :confused:

yonmon 20-01-2019 07:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1223106)
The truest words spoken this season I am afraid.........................

And so Joe does this mean that now we move from the Rollercoaster to the Ghost Train !.. where weird and strange happenings wait and suddenly appear around every corner ?. With situations appearing over which we seem to have no control !.

If so then along with JC and JB and the squad we must keep the faith and join the ride ignoring all but the positive things we have noted week in and week out as the season has progressed !.

So .. all together now.. :- ON STANLEY !.. ON TO GREATER THINGS !!.

ps.. Can't wait for the Derby clash, should answer any doubts regarding the future !.

Crown Grounder 20-01-2019 08:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1223107)
Forget about the controversial incidents to start with.
We were second best in the middle of the park.
Yet again our left side was targeted to great effect.
That said we created a couple of decent chances - but not as many as Charlton.
Now for the controversy.
I have no idea what kicked off when Charlton scored and who did what when how.
That’s with the benefit of looking at it now at least five times online and live so how the sendings off came about I don’t know.
Now the handball.
I immediately put my head in my hands when it happened.
I thought he left his arm out there.
If I’m honest had the boot been on the other foot I’d have been demanding a penalty.
That said the ref had the best view and said no.
How on earth the linesman could be so definitive baffles me.
We’re in a battle now and need to start getting points on the board.
Gillingham away is critical - we need something.
Next week is a distraction for me.

Hi 28. I agree with nearly everything that you have said. But:

Next week is not a distraction, its the FA Cup and we will enjoy it. Just as the Manager, players and staff were defeated yesterday they have earned the right to play Derby County in the next round of the FA Cup. The football season isn't just about where you finish its a bit like life itself......it's about all the games that you play along the way....so cheer up, enjoy next week and support our Stanley!

cashman 20-01-2019 09:11

The F.A. Cup has NEVER been a distraction to a club like ours, Have just read Charltons Manager says he has watched the video a few times, and can see NO reason either player was sent off.:( Seems to me the ref completely lost the plot at the end of the match? How can someone be looking Directly at an incident from about 10 feet away, and then take notice of someone on the far side of the pitch and has a restricted view? They cant fine me so that makes Busby a complete Numpty in my view.

Twenty Eight 20-01-2019 09:26

I didn't say it was a distraction to the club - I said for me personally.

Would I swap the Ipswich result for 3 points ? I would.
Just how I feel.
If we come out of it with no injuries or suspensions that will help.

Exile on Spencer St 20-01-2019 10:31

Looking again (it's the masochist in me) at Charlton's disallowed goal, it appears that Taylor is backing into Maxted when he's in the air. So the decision to disallow it seems a good one.
But why Maxted then got sent off is less clear. He does appear to struggle 'energetically' out from under the couple of Charlton players who were lying on top of him. Perhaps they were doing more than just lying on him, who knows? It'll be interesting to see if the club appeal the sending off.
Etimov had a baptism of fire yesterday and I can't help but wonder if, had Maxted stayed on, the penalty, however well taken, might have been saved.

As to the next match, I'm glad, not only because the FA Cup is crucial to a club like Stanley, but also it may allow a bit more time for regrouping before the real fight for league survival resumes.

Twenty Eight 20-01-2019 11:23

I understand that but we’ve a league game 72 hours later with a lot of travelling to do.

Mr T 20-01-2019 11:35

The Charlton goal was disallowed as before the corner kick was taken ( take 1) the exact same incident occurred, Taylor fouling Maxted and his Stanley "marker". Referee stopped kick being taken and warned Taylor "no more".
Take 2 of the corner kick there was another foul committed on Jony, but the referee delayed by a couple of seconds blowing for the foul. In this split second the ball was headed in and the melee started; as by this stand, Jony, Taylor and others had all fallen over.

IF the referee had blown as the ball was kicked it is likely the incident IMHO these incidents would have occurred.

Likewise the penalty was given by a assistant referee who around 20 yards away.

I was sat near the tunnel on the opposite to the linesman so same distance away. The only thing I heard was the roar from the crowd.

Yes Gills away on the Tuesday night is a big game, but I'm sure we'll prepare as best we can.:)

Simpson 20-01-2019 11:43

Charlton fans tweeting and copying in the EFL over a rugby like footscrape from one of our players on the head of Taylor when running into the melee . Not seen it ?

andyd 20-01-2019 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simpson (Post 1223125)
Charlton fans tweeting and copying in the EFL over a rugby like footscrape from one of our players on the head of Taylor when running into the melee . Not seen it ?

Yes quite a few Charlton fans trying to drag our players,fans, club and his dog through the gutter I empathize a few trying to spoil what was a great day out what happens on the pitch stays on the pitch true Charlton fans were great.

cashman 20-01-2019 12:07

Every club has a quota of tosspots even us. people should just ignore em i think, unless they really go OTT.

Haggis316 20-01-2019 12:34

Charlton fan accidentally wiping out one of his team’s players https://buff.ly/2FD0CJm

Twenty Eight 20-01-2019 13:07

Charlton are appealing Taylor’s sending off and also say we should appeal Maxted’s.

AccyMad 20-01-2019 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simpson (Post 1223125)

If that had happened I doubt Taylor would have had that irksome grin on his face as he was leaving the field, made my blood boil almost more than Maxted's sending off.

Lord Didsbury 20-01-2019 14:41

Finley rather disgracefully stamped on the head of one of their players, and Jimmy Bell is, in my opinion, very wrong with his post match interview.
Would be nice if the players and management could approach things in the same way as chairman and fans....although I understand that tensions will rise higher for them.

Any reason why a linesman can’t vehemently express his belief that a penalty should be given and the ref change his mind as a result? - just because the ref is closer does not mean he gets a clearer view. I’d say that’s a team of officials operating well and trusting each other.

cashman 20-01-2019 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1223143)
Finley rather disgracefully stamped on the head of one of their players, and Jimmy Bell is, in my opinion, very wrong with his post match interview.
Would be nice if the players and management could approach things in the same way as chairman and fans....although I understand that tensions will rise higher for them.

Any reason why a linesman can’t vehemently express his belief that a penalty should be given and the ref change his mind as a result? - just because the ref is closer does not mean he gets a clearer view. I’d say that’s a team of officials operating well and trusting each other.

If yeh watched it the ref was about 10foot away with an unobstructed view, unless i'm blind. also if Finley stamped on somebodys head that just shows how wrong the official were.

AccyMad 20-01-2019 16:08

Quote:

Just howJimmy was wrong for having the guts to say it how it is? I didn't see Sam stamp on anyone but then again it was difficult to make out exactly what did happen during the melee in the goalmouth, at least it was from the highlights. Maybe you were there & had a better view?
For what it's worth I think it probably was a penalty, albeit a soft one, but if the ref had a grip on the game & not allowed the free for all in the first place there wouldn't have been as much time added on & more than likely no penalty decision to make

ferret man 20-01-2019 17:28

Quote:

If the team of officials worked well, could anyone who was there tell me if the ref allowed the liners to make throw in decisions.

Twenty Eight 20-01-2019 18:10

Lord D
Where have you seen this “stamp”
I’m intrigued.
We’re you at the game and is that your personal observation ?
I’m not saying your wrong (or right).

Exile on Spencer St 20-01-2019 18:22

Their own No.4 seems to be the only one who actually gets close to kicking Taylor’s head whilst he’s on the floor.
I’m also 1000% certain that if Taylor had been kicked or ‘scraped’ or on the head by an opponent he wouldn’t have then calmly walked off the field laughing.

Exile on Spencer St 20-01-2019 18:32

2 Attachment(s)
Whilst we’re on the subject of trying to kick players in the head...

pifco 20-01-2019 18:40

If the ref did nothing else wrong he was definitely wrong in saying to JB that it wasn't a penalty - he should have kept his mouth shut instead of heightening the controversy.

MikeA 20-01-2019 21:30

One of those awful fan videos. But it includes a bit more than some others:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpgBfH3T7VY

Simpson 20-01-2019 22:08

Twenty Eight. It’s on Twitter, my grandson showed it to me. Nothing to add, pretty clear.

Exile on Spencer St 21-01-2019 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1223160)
One of those awful fan videos. But it includes a bit more than some others

And, fortunately, the video seems to show that the Stanley players were ‘remonstrating’ with a Charlton player after the penalty decision not the linesman, so let’s hope that’s the last of it.

Simpson 21-01-2019 14:22

Exile, google Sam Finley and Stamp. It will lead you to the Sun newspaper which is running a story and has a video of the incident.

Twenty Eight 21-01-2019 15:51

Mmmmmmm ........ the lad could be in hot water.

cashman 21-01-2019 16:08

No sympathy from me if he is.:(

AccyMad 21-01-2019 17:02

Massive IF there for me, if Sam did do that deliberately then yes there should be consequences but I've watched it a few times & it doesn't show anything much clearer than the highlights did. Looks to me like he was running in to see what was happening & MAY accidentally have caught Taylor but does anyone really think that Taylor wouldn't have argued the point with the ref or walked off grinning as he did if it had been a deliberate stamp?
But, it's in The Sun so it must be true :rolleyes:

ferret man 21-01-2019 19:13

Looking at the handball I think the clayton end would have been peed off if that had happened to us and nothing given, and how many times do you hear YOU CAN JOIN IN LINER, and when one does we don't like it.

cashman 21-01-2019 19:19

Cant play hell about that handball,some will give em,some will not. the sendings off were summat else, Maxted is our penalty specialist.:(

Revived Red 22-01-2019 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1223153)
We’re you at the game and is that your personal observation ?
I’m not saying your wrong (or right).

Lord D has an uncanny knack of making definitive comments on things that has not seen in reality.

AccyMad 22-01-2019 18:05

Maxted's red card has been rescinded but Sam has been charged with violent conduct

Twenty Eight 22-01-2019 18:11

He’ll not got away with that.
3 match ban on its way.

cashman 22-01-2019 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1223207)
Maxted's red card has been rescinded but Sam has been charged with violent conduct

Aye thats good but still deprived us of our penalty specialist.:(

cashman 22-01-2019 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1223208)
He’ll not got away with that.
3 match ban on its way.

They are after MORE than 3 matches it says on fishy,

AccyMad 22-01-2019 18:29

Lyle Taylor's red card has been upheld - footage must've shown he was the instigator

cashman 22-01-2019 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1223212)
Lyle Taylor's red card has been upheld - footage must've shown he was the instigator

Then to me the grinning shows he got what he wanted.

Exile on Spencer St 22-01-2019 19:04

Still can’t believe, especially in this day and age of feigned injury, that a player who had has his head stamped on or raked with a studded boot would get up without rubbing his head, and walk away laughing. This is a guy playing football, not rugby.
Taylor’s behaviour suggests that Finlay, if he tried, didn’t connect, either that or Taylor’s head is made of wood, which I doubt.
So, if it was attempted violent conduct, would that carry a similar sanction to actual violent conduct?
And if attempted violent conduct is punishable, why isn’t Charlton’s No.4 being ‘cited’ for the ‘challenge’ on Billy Kee caught by Kippax’s camera?

cashman 22-01-2019 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1223215)
Still can’t believe, especially in this day and age of feigned injury, that a player who had has his head stamped on or raked with a studded boot would get up without rubbing his head, and walk away laughing. This is a guy playing football, not rugby.
Taylor’s behaviour suggests that Finlay, if he tried, didn’t connect, either that or Taylor’s head is made of wood, which I doubt.
So, if it was attempted violent conduct, would that carry a similar sanction to actual violent conduct?
And if attempted violent conduct is punishable, why isn’t Charlton’s No.4 being ‘cited’ for the ‘challenge’ on Billy Kee caught by Kippax’s camera?

Probably because its only Accrington Stanley?

Lord Didsbury 22-01-2019 20:00

Sam quite rightly charged. Hopefully he will see the error of his ways and behave better in future.
Hopefully Andy H makes his views on good conduct known to the players and management team as he alluded to on Twitter and that those of our fans who are still in denial reflect at some point that it’s ok to admit you are wrong now and again.

Simpson 22-01-2019 20:10

Only a matter of time before some of the legal minds exhibited on this thread are “called to the bar”, I’m just not sure whether it will be The Crown or the Hare and Hounds !

Exile on Spencer St 22-01-2019 20:19

In answer to my own question, it appears that ”striking or attempting to strike an opponent” is one and the same offence.

AccyMad 22-01-2019 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1223220)
Sam quite rightly charged. Hopefully he will see the error of his ways and behave better in future.
Hopefully Andy H makes his views on good conduct known to the players and management team as he alluded to on Twitter and that those of our fans who are still in denial reflect at some point that it’s ok to admit you are wrong now and again.

That's a very patronising remark Lord D, I don't think any of us were 'in denial' - just waiting to see if there was some clear evidence of the alleged incident.

Twenty Eight 22-01-2019 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1223212)

Doesn’t matter where Sam is concerned.
Retaliation is as bad as instigation.
He’s in bother.

Lord Stiffupperlip 23-01-2019 10:13

From the Fishy site;
'It is alleged the standard punishment of three matches that would otherwise apply is clearly insufficient'
Bother indeed!
Only goes to show there is no hiding place for any player in today's game.
I'm sure the jury will scrutinise the video in forensic detail before any verdict.
Sam is a talented young player but, if this case is proven, a moment of petulance may result in a lengthy ban & will cost us dearly.
No doubt he will have plenty of time to reflect on how his actions have let the club down.
We've always prided ourselves on playing the game without malice.
When a national newspaper is running a video that infers the opposite, that reputation is destroyed.
Fingers crossed for a lenient judge. :o

cashman 23-01-2019 10:34

Sad but if proved then hope he gets whats deserved. no argument from me if thats the case.

AccyMad 24-01-2019 12:22

Sam has accepted the charge of violent conduct but Coley says although he shouldn't have got involved he did not make contact with Taylor, although whether that will make a difference if the intent was there I don't know.

Twenty Eight 24-01-2019 12:31

None at all.

ossy kid 24-01-2019 16:05

The game certainly has changed, today it,s a game for sissy's and pretenders.

cashman 24-01-2019 16:34

5 game ban i hear.

Exile on Spencer St 24-01-2019 16:43

Lesson learnt, I hope.
Only way it could have been worse, for both players, would have been if he had connected.
Thuggish behaviour that did the club no credit.

Twenty Eight 24-01-2019 16:47

I think he did mate.

Exile on Spencer St 24-01-2019 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1223294)
I think he did mate.

Did what: learn or connect?

Twenty Eight 24-01-2019 17:09

Connect.
5 match ban with immediate effect.

AccyMad 24-01-2019 17:19

I'm not complaining about Sam's ban, he held his hands up to it & he's been punished accordingly - I'm sure he'll learn from it & not let his temper get the better of him during a game again.
I just think that Taylor is in a way lucky that he was sent off by the ref & so no more action can be taken against him or he could have been facing something similar

andyd 24-01-2019 17:26

Apparently club being charged now for failure to control the players.

AccyMad 24-01-2019 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1223300)
Apparently club being charged now for failure to control the players.

That should apply to both clubs

Twenty Eight 24-01-2019 19:39

I don't think its just the sending off fiasco ........ it how our lads got stuck in to the linesman when the penalty was given as well plus the tunnel after.

Crown Grounder 24-01-2019 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1223299)
I'm not complaining about Sam's ban, he held his hands up to it & he's been punished accordingly - I'm sure he'll learn from it & not let his temper get the better of him during a game again.
I just think that Taylor is in a way lucky that he was sent off by the ref & so no more action can be taken against him or he could have been facing something similar

No he was the same at Fylde. Came with a reputation of hot-head....so I've from a ref ....

Crown Grounder 24-01-2019 20:29

Looking on the bright side. An enforced change is not always a bad thing. New approach required. Keep the faith!!!! Cheer the lads on for me on Saturday.....I'm overseas.....

MikeA 24-01-2019 23:49

At least there's something positive for the club from Saturday. The two links at the end are interesting as well: https://www.castrust.org/2019/01/a-s...uctant-owners/

ferret man 03-02-2019 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferret man (Post 1223184)
Looking at the handball I think the clayton end would have been peed off if that had happened to us and nothing given, and how many times do you hear YOU CAN JOIN IN LINER, and when one does we don't like it.

Just thought I would rake this up again after watching Chelsea v Huddersfield last night on M O T D. Ref gives a Pen for a tackle made outside the box. In a post match talk with a player who said he went over to the liner and the liner said to him not a pen. Where do we go from that.

Exile on Spencer St 03-02-2019 18:46

Round and round in circles? :rolleyes:

monkey hanger 04-02-2019 08:05

[QUOTE=ferret man;1223802 Ref gives a Pen for a tackle made outside the box. In a post match talk with a player who said he went over to the liner and the liner said to him not a pen. Where do we go from that.[/QUOTE]

about time the duties of linesmen are written in stone and not at a whim of the referee in charge of the game. fans, players and managers might actually know whats going on and can lay the blame for any mistake made at the correct individual.