Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Wycombe thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/wycombe-thread-70487.html)

Twenty Eight 13-03-2019 08:17

Re: Wycombe thread

Great win. It's still very tight the league though.

cashman 13-03-2019 08:18

Great result last night well done Reds.:):):):):):):)

Spartacus2nd 13-03-2019 08:37

Im glad to see Rodgers settling down and getting a run, its just what he needs. Sporadic early games didnt fo his confidence any good, but he WILL get better and better. Its a bit late for this season now but hopefully he will be at full tilt for next season's league 1 title assault

monkey hanger 13-03-2019 08:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1225417)
Great win. It's still very tight the league though.

higher up the league but only 4 points clear. a win on saturday will certainly give us a bit of breathing space and save the fingernails.

Simpson 13-03-2019 09:56

Great win, thought our second half was as strong as i've seen for a while but recall them missing a sitter at 1-1 early in the second half before we scored.

One thing that struck me driving home is that it was similar to Oxford away in that some teams just shoot themselves in the foot, the two penalties whilst justified were also totally unnecessary, their keeper was a liability, the same one who parried a shot in the 94th for Sunderland's equaliser on Saturday.

A slip v Rochdale and we could be back in it, we need to be solid on Saturday.

Twenty Eight 13-03-2019 10:57

OK I know this is totally irrelevant but I cant help looking through the fixtures and trying to assess our points tally. I get to 51. Hope I'm totally wrong because that will mean finger nail biting for a few weeks yet.

cashman 13-03-2019 11:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1225424)
OK I know this is totally irrelevant but I cant help looking through the fixtures and trying to assess our points tally. I get to 51. Hope I'm totally wrong because that will mean finger nail biting for a few weeks yet.

i myself think 50 will do it this season, mid april at latest i think will see us through this. imho

monkey hanger 13-03-2019 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1225424)

think we,ll get an away win that only a few will expect. think our away form will keep us up but longing for a real compehensive home victory to keep me and the team going.

Inspector Morse 13-03-2019 12:03

Four points from next 2 games and we're nearly there.
Anything less and were back in it.

ASFC1019 13-03-2019 14:14

We will be fine, lets enjoy the final 10 games and see where it takes us. I’d be surprised if we didn’t get at least 55 points.
We were magnificent last night, even first half we were creating opportunities and was just a matter of time before we scored.
It made a massive difference to be playing on such a pristine playing surface and helped us play our stuff.
Billy was back to his best and we defended on a whole well. Never seen Akinfenwa be less effective than he was last night.
Hopefully we can get Saturdays game on and its a great opportunity to put some distance between ourselves and the bottom 4.

Simpson 13-03-2019 14:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1225425)
i myself think 50 will do it this season, mid april at latest i think will see us through this. imho

I'm afraid i'm with Twenty Eight.
For 50 points to do it then both Oxford and Shrewsbury have to take no more than 9 points from their last 9 games which would put them on 49 points.
In their last 5 games they have both taken 7 points whereas we have taken 3 less, namely 4 points. So their form would take them above 50 points.

I think 52 will be needed as even Rochdale to achieve 50 points would only need 12 points from their last 9 games.

Someone always finds form, look at Wimbledon, 10 points from their last 5 games, albeit i think they are too far adrift to jump 4 other teams and survive. I think Bradford will wake up under Bowyer but again might be too late for them.

I don't own any chickens, but if i did, i would would not be counting them. Have you seen April for us, most teams fighting for automatic !:egged::egged::egged:

cashman 13-03-2019 15:02

Dont bother, its all opinions nowt else,:)

mab 13-03-2019 21:34

https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/n...3-accrington/# :) https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/n...-3-accrington/

Tom D 13-03-2019 22:22

Good highlights. The goal cam view of the foul on Smyth is great, keeper must do judo in his spare time. 2nd penalty decision a bit soft, but a needless challenge by the Wycombe player.

Exile on Spencer St 14-03-2019 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom D (Post 1225447)
Good highlights. The goal cam view of the foul on Smyth is great, keeper must do judo in his spare time. 2nd penalty decision a bit soft, but a needless challenge by the Wycombe player.

Maybe the second penalty was compensation for the others that were not given. In first half Hughes got physically assaulted round the head by their No.6, barely ten yards in front of the so-called assistant referee who saw nothing, which would have resulted in an arrest if not on a football pitch.
Was very disappointed seeing Wycombe adopted such defensive ‘tactics’, thought they were a footballing side, but, for once, they got their come-uppance.