Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Wycombe thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/wycombe-thread-70487.html)

AccyMad 12-03-2019 18:01

Wycombe thread

Looks like we're back to basics tonight, playing 4 - 4 - 2 by the looks of the line up - got everything crossed & ain't uncrossing anything till half past 9 - COYR!!!

cashman 12-03-2019 18:19

Re: Wycombe thread

A result tonight would do the lads a power of good i reckon.

cashman 12-03-2019 18:53

Clarkys hit the bar typical of our luck.

cashman 12-03-2019 19:10

1-0 wycombe :(

AccyMad 12-03-2019 19:10

Oh FFS!!!

yonmon 12-03-2019 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1225386)
Oh FFS!!!

Just opened the Forum up and here you are all hot, bothered, and flustered !.

KTF!... 😎

cashman 12-03-2019 19:15

Sean Mac hits the feckin post now:(

AccyMad 12-03-2019 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 1225387)
Just opened the Forum up and here you are all hot, bothered, and flustered !.

KTF!... 😎

But still with everything crossed Alan which is making it very difficult to type this post . . .:rolleyes: a

cashman 12-03-2019 19:40

Penalty fer us fingers crossed Billys got it yezzzzzz

yonmon 12-03-2019 19:41

Feeling better now Di ??...😎

cashman 12-03-2019 19:43

I flaming well am mate.

AccyMad 12-03-2019 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 1225393)
Feeling better now Di ??...😎

A little, thank you :)

Phil Whalley 12-03-2019 19:46

Deserved it as well. Not moving the ball quick enough but still created the best chances of the half. Wycombe's Beard constantly fouling Hughesy at corners, ref finally woke up when they clattered at least two of ours so not sure who won the pen but Billy dispatched it no problem. If we can move the ball a bit quicker and stay on the front foot we might get something out of this.

mab 12-03-2019 20:19

Kee another pen get in :)

mab 12-03-2019 20:30

:) Goal! Wycombe Wanderers 1, Accrington Stanley 3. Paul Smyth (Accrington Stanley) right footed shot from the left side of the box to the bottom right corner. Assisted by Sam Finley. get innnnnnnn :D

AccyMad 12-03-2019 20:35

Park the bloody bus now lads!

choirboy 12-03-2019 20:49

YES! Won away at Wycombe....:jimbo::jimbo::jimbo:
Up to 14th now....:alright::alright::alright:
PHEW!:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy
WELL DONE THE REDS!
:theband::jimbo::jimbo::jimbo:

mab 12-03-2019 20:51

Cracking win still tight though ,Saturday another must win agains't the Dale

AccyMad 12-03-2019 20:52

That was a flaming long time to keep everything crossed, worth it though - brilliant win, well played lads :)

choirboy 12-03-2019 21:02

Seems that Smyth won the two penalty awards.:alright:
Suspect his pace running into the box caused them problems!?
:alright:

cashman 12-03-2019 21:07

who are these that say Smyth shouldn't play?:rolleyes:

yonmon 12-03-2019 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1225402)
That was a flaming long time to keep everything crossed, worth it though - brilliant win, well played lads :)

Knew that from the first moment Di !...great win much needed ?.

Back to winning ways... scoring goals.. let's hope the Reds can build on tonight's efforts !.

Lord Love Rocket 12-03-2019 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1225404)

Just back in the car... what a second half performance from all the lads

Back four were superb especially yozzer and harvey and what a game from Smyth... can't wait for Saturday well done all

Pitch was perfect too and suited our game

Spartacus2nd 12-03-2019 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1225404)

Zanzala and Armstrong

Chrisr 12-03-2019 21:43

A nail biting win, The pressure is eased for a few days. I hope this is the kick start we needed. Roll on Saturday.

Lord Stiffupperlip 12-03-2019 21:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1225403)
[COLOR="Red"][B]Seems that Smyth won the two penalty awards.

According to the BBC app, it was Harvey Rodgers who drew the first penalty & Smyth the second, but who cares.
A brilliant result to restore confidence in the squad after such a dismal run.
Our league position looking much more positive tonight.
Well done our boys!

Exile on Spencer St 12-03-2019 22:40

Great second half performance from Stanley. Fully deserved the 3 points. First 44.95 minutes were frustrating after Wycombe’s well taken goal. Stanley hit the woodwork twice but got bogged down a bit as there was a huge amount of running from Stanley side to side across the middle of the park, but little movement into the spaces behind their defence. Ref finally spotted the all-in wrestling in their box, especially from their No.6 and the keeper, and rightly gave the first penalty right at the end. Relief to go in all square at half time.
Second half Stanley were much more direct, with Smyth slicing through and round their defence. Second penalty was at the other end but looked like Smyth got chopped as he made to shoot, and the ref didn’t hesitate to give the second penalty. After that Stanley played some great stuff and Smyth fully deserved the 3rd goal; another darting run and a great shot into the corner.
As Lord Love said, special mention for Rodgers for keeping the Beast under control for the entire match but all the lads played their part in a great performance. Well done to them and to the management.
And thanks to Wycombe club for the hot dog and hot drink, much appreciated on a chilly night.

Phil Whalley 12-03-2019 23:19

Great win, fully deserved after a second half where we got the ball forward much quicker and then worked hard to fashion openings with some direct running off the shoulders of the defenders. Smyth in particular caused them all sorts of problems, but Jordan also came into the game more as he was able to pick up possession deeper in their half. Two brilliant Kee penalties, keeper went the right way both times but couldn’t get near them. And a lovely, crisp finish across the keeper to seal the game by young Smyth. Janoi will also be kicking himself after he shot straight at the keeper after a brilliant run into their box. Didn’t feel the cold nearly as much in the second half!

ossy kid 13-03-2019 00:06

What a great win tonight, breathing a little easier now. Well done young Smyth as well, looks like he's answered his doubters, if you have speed and guts you don't need to be 6ft and 180lbs.

Kiwi John 13-03-2019 02:17

Made my day STANLEY. Fantastic

Twenty Eight 13-03-2019 07:17

Great win. It's still very tight the league though.

cashman 13-03-2019 07:18

Great result last night well done Reds.:):):):):):):)

Spartacus2nd 13-03-2019 07:37

Im glad to see Rodgers settling down and getting a run, its just what he needs. Sporadic early games didnt fo his confidence any good, but he WILL get better and better. Its a bit late for this season now but hopefully he will be at full tilt for next season's league 1 title assault

monkey hanger 13-03-2019 07:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1225417)
Great win. It's still very tight the league though.

higher up the league but only 4 points clear. a win on saturday will certainly give us a bit of breathing space and save the fingernails.

Simpson 13-03-2019 08:56

Great win, thought our second half was as strong as i've seen for a while but recall them missing a sitter at 1-1 early in the second half before we scored.

One thing that struck me driving home is that it was similar to Oxford away in that some teams just shoot themselves in the foot, the two penalties whilst justified were also totally unnecessary, their keeper was a liability, the same one who parried a shot in the 94th for Sunderland's equaliser on Saturday.

A slip v Rochdale and we could be back in it, we need to be solid on Saturday.

Twenty Eight 13-03-2019 09:57

OK I know this is totally irrelevant but I cant help looking through the fixtures and trying to assess our points tally. I get to 51. Hope I'm totally wrong because that will mean finger nail biting for a few weeks yet.

cashman 13-03-2019 10:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1225424)
OK I know this is totally irrelevant but I cant help looking through the fixtures and trying to assess our points tally. I get to 51. Hope I'm totally wrong because that will mean finger nail biting for a few weeks yet.

i myself think 50 will do it this season, mid april at latest i think will see us through this. imho

monkey hanger 13-03-2019 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1225424)

think we,ll get an away win that only a few will expect. think our away form will keep us up but longing for a real compehensive home victory to keep me and the team going.

Inspector Morse 13-03-2019 11:03

Four points from next 2 games and we're nearly there.
Anything less and were back in it.

ASFC1019 13-03-2019 13:14

We will be fine, lets enjoy the final 10 games and see where it takes us. I’d be surprised if we didn’t get at least 55 points.
We were magnificent last night, even first half we were creating opportunities and was just a matter of time before we scored.
It made a massive difference to be playing on such a pristine playing surface and helped us play our stuff.
Billy was back to his best and we defended on a whole well. Never seen Akinfenwa be less effective than he was last night.
Hopefully we can get Saturdays game on and its a great opportunity to put some distance between ourselves and the bottom 4.

Simpson 13-03-2019 13:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1225425)
i myself think 50 will do it this season, mid april at latest i think will see us through this. imho

I'm afraid i'm with Twenty Eight.
For 50 points to do it then both Oxford and Shrewsbury have to take no more than 9 points from their last 9 games which would put them on 49 points.
In their last 5 games they have both taken 7 points whereas we have taken 3 less, namely 4 points. So their form would take them above 50 points.

I think 52 will be needed as even Rochdale to achieve 50 points would only need 12 points from their last 9 games.

Someone always finds form, look at Wimbledon, 10 points from their last 5 games, albeit i think they are too far adrift to jump 4 other teams and survive. I think Bradford will wake up under Bowyer but again might be too late for them.

I don't own any chickens, but if i did, i would would not be counting them. Have you seen April for us, most teams fighting for automatic !:egged::egged::egged:

cashman 13-03-2019 14:02

Dont bother, its all opinions nowt else,:)

mab 13-03-2019 20:34

https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/n...3-accrington/# :) https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/n...-3-accrington/

Tom D 13-03-2019 21:22

Good highlights. The goal cam view of the foul on Smyth is great, keeper must do judo in his spare time. 2nd penalty decision a bit soft, but a needless challenge by the Wycombe player.

Exile on Spencer St 14-03-2019 13:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom D (Post 1225447)
Good highlights. The goal cam view of the foul on Smyth is great, keeper must do judo in his spare time. 2nd penalty decision a bit soft, but a needless challenge by the Wycombe player.

Maybe the second penalty was compensation for the others that were not given. In first half Hughes got physically assaulted round the head by their No.6, barely ten yards in front of the so-called assistant referee who saw nothing, which would have resulted in an arrest if not on a football pitch.
Was very disappointed seeing Wycombe adopted such defensive ‘tactics’, thought they were a footballing side, but, for once, they got their come-uppance.