Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Zanzala (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/zanzala-70491.html)

RedSocks62 14-03-2019 11:37

Zanzala

Whats everyones thoughts are on Zanzala? I've seen a few messages on here when things havent been going very well that we should be giving him more time, but whenever Ive seen him I always thought he wasn't really quick or strong enough in his play and isnt exactly a massive goal threat. He did ok in one or two games earlier on this season but never made a huge impact for me - for me hes our 4th choice striker, but that doesnt always seem to be the popular opinion. Just wondering what people think, and if they see something I dont?

monkey hanger 16-03-2019 07:31

Re: Zanzala

he,s one i cannot make my mind up about. one minuit he looks to have something different the rest do not have and a minuit later he,s just a comedy interlude. will he become a good player with us. i doubt anyone really knows.

andyd 16-03-2019 07:41

Can see him being loaned out next season if only for some kind of improvement sadly can't see it definitely not league1 standard.

cashman 16-03-2019 08:07

He does try, but for me mainly fails badly.

monkey hanger 16-03-2019 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1225579)
He does try, but for me mainly fails badly.

do you mean fail or falls badly cashy.

ferret man 16-03-2019 10:46

The lad does try but falls short maybe if he can get his legs and brain working together he will improve

monkey hanger 16-03-2019 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferret man (Post 1225605)
The lad does try but falls short maybe if he can get his legs and brain working together he will improve

think his legs and brain all working at different times his is main asset as defenders like us have no clue what he is going to do next.

Twenty Eight 16-03-2019 11:07

Not good enough.
No point masking it up as anything else.
Wish we had Malik Wilks.

monkey hanger 16-03-2019 11:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1225611)
Not good enough.
No point masking it up as anything else.
Wish we had Malik Wilks.

yes this seasons malik wilks but not last seasons. mind you it does help if you get a regular start and not a 85th minute substitute.

ferret man 16-03-2019 13:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1225616)
yes this seasons malik wilks but not last seasons. mind you it does help if you get a regular start and not a 85th minute substitute.

Could this be the key to Zanzalas improvement

cashman 16-03-2019 13:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferret man (Post 1225617)

Staying upright may help also.

Spartacus2nd 16-03-2019 15:10

He'll be an absolute beast for someone later in his career. But first he needs to learn how to use his strength wisely. Effort and enthusiasm in abundance but his inability to stay upright AND hold off the defender has cost him and us.

He had a good run in the side, and could do with another, but this stage of an arse clenching run in isnt the time. He's still young and hopefully isnt the sort to demand he goes elsewhere - prseason and a run of games this autumn could sort him out.

monkey hanger 17-03-2019 08:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferret man (Post 1225617)

you mean going to another club to achieve it.

Twenty Eight 17-03-2019 09:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd (Post 1225625)
He'll be an absolute beast for someone later in his career. But first he needs to learn how to use his strength wisely. Effort and enthusiasm in abundance but his inability to stay upright AND hold off the defender has cost him and us.

He had a good run in the side, and could do with another, but this stage of an arse clenching run in isnt the time. He's still young and hopefully isnt the sort to demand he goes elsewhere - prseason and a run of games this autumn could sort him out.

A centre forward who can’t stay upright and hold off defenders ? ........... Not much else to say is there ? I watched him under 18s and he bullied defenders scored regularly. He then lost a full season with a bad knee injury and has never rediscovered his old form.
Maybe the injury has done for him.

Exile on Spencer St 17-03-2019 09:20

Here we are, 3 points off relegation, 10 games left to play, and individual players are still being slagged off and criticised by some of us armchair fans.
Give the lads a break.
Zanzala is currently the third highest goal scorer after Kee and McMarmite and, whilst i’m sure even he will admit he’s no Lukaku, he is a young lad learning his trade and doing his best.
Same with Johnson, Donacien and Maxted, and whoever else happens to be your particular least favourite.
We’re not going to get out of this fight by buying/loaning alternative players so, other than undermining confidence, what is being achieved by this?