Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Weather (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/weather-70497.html)

Somerset 16-03-2019 14:43

Weather

For next home game against Fleetwood on 30 March the weather basically has to be dry as I would not want to see two home games in a row postponed due to bad weather which I would find a disgusting disgrace. I saw a photo of the pitch online today and there was unfortunately no way the game could be played as one corner is very underwater. Here's hoping the weather will be dry for the next home game.

cashman 16-03-2019 14:58

Re: Weather

Is your real name SIMON?:rolleyes:

Somerset 16-03-2019 15:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1225623)
Is your real name SIMON?:rolleyes:

No, it is Joe Wills and I think major work needs doing on the pitch during the summer as Burnley's game up the road has gone ahead with no problems.

Spartacus2nd 16-03-2019 15:13

Thats because even their forks have six fingers

AccyMad 16-03-2019 15:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Somerset (Post 1225626)
No, it is Joe Wills and I think major work needs doing on the pitch during the summer as Burnley's game up the road has gone ahead with no problems.

You're right, & that work would cost approximately £250,000 - feel free to donate to the cause. Thank you :)

Interested Observer 16-03-2019 15:29

You've got to admit Somerset is a bit of a legend.How does someones' brain work when season in season out he only appears when you have a game off and then he comes on the forum totally disgusted and horrified to think the next game might be off as well! His whole raison d'etre is rain and your pitch. One word..........UNIQUE!

cashman 16-03-2019 15:31

Or yeh could say brain dead?

AccyMad 16-03-2019 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Interested Observer (Post 1225629)
You've got to admit Somerset is a bit of a legend.How does someones' brain work when season in season out he only appears when you have a game off and then he comes on the forum totally disgusted and horrified to think the next game might be off as well! His whole raison d'etre is rain and your pitch. One word..........UNIQUE!

Bless him, he certainly gives us some entertainment on days like this when we've no game:D

Lord Stiffupperlip 16-03-2019 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Somerset (Post 1225622)
For next home game against Fleetwood the weather basically has to be dry as I would not want to see two home games in a row postponed due to bad weather which I would find a disgusting disgrace.

This is laughable on a day when several other games became victims of the atrocious weather.
I don't know where you live Somerset, but our local area has suffered from flooding with people's homes put at risk.
The only disgusting disgrace is your pathetic post.

VALAIRIAN 16-03-2019 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Somerset (Post 1225622)
For next home game against Fleetwood on 30 March the weather basically has to be dry as I would not want to see two home games in a row postponed due to bad weather which I would find a disgusting disgrace. I saw a photo of the pitch online today and there was unfortunately no way the game could be played as one corner is very underwater. Here's hoping the weather will be dry for the next home game.

Could I ask Somerset, do you ever/actually watch football?? :)

:) :) :)

Somerset 16-03-2019 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1225634)

I used to watch Yeovil Town but I don't anymore as every time I watch them they always lose

VALAIRIAN 16-03-2019 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Somerset (Post 1225635)
I used to watch Yeovil Town but I don't anymore as every time I watch them they always lose

If you want to come along to the Fleetwood game, let me know - P.M. me - and we can meet up :)

AccyMad 16-03-2019 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1225634)

Doubt it, he's too busy watching the weather forecasts :)

Somerset 16-03-2019 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1225636)
If you want to come along to the Fleetwood game, let me know - P.M. me - and we can meet up :)

I don't want to come to the Fleetwood game because I live over 200 miles away near Yeovil in Somerset so it's too far for me

ferret man 16-03-2019 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Somerset (Post 1225635)

Never mind S/S you know the old saying, it never rains but it pours