Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Sunderland home thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/sunderland-home-thread-70524.html)

chevyfire 03-04-2019 21:29

Sunderland home thread

Sunderland played better than when we played them the 1st two times. Mcgeady scored a quality goal. Our tactics/formation which Coley is trying to tinker with a lot at present didn't work first half. In fact it was the poorest half I have seen us play this season.
For 20 mins second half we had a good go at Sunderland, the Sousa gamble was paying off. But we tired and Sunderland re-assumed control. You can't fault are lads effort, Sunderland looked at better team than us and are this season.
We have 3 massive games now, I am concerned ahead of them. Can we score enough goals. For me we are not moving the ball quick enough and the opposition are snuffing us out. Are offensive play is not creating enough at present.Defensively, Sykes can be great one moment but makes some poor decisions the next. Johnson has recently been found out defensively for me. The last 20 mins with Sousa and Johnson on that side it felt like we could be in deep trouble.
Anyhow if we can Scramble 2/3 wins from here (which i feel we could do). I will be chuffed.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

andyd 03-04-2019 21:47

Re: Sunderland home thread

I didn't think before the game we were going to get anything from tonight Sunderland top side with better players than ours bad time to concede the 2 but 2nd half we improved my main concern going into the season defining next 3 fixtures is we can't seem to buy a goal at the moment let's hope we can cure this few positives tonight even though he conceded 3 Dimitar looks a far better keeper than Maxted, Sousa looked sharp and perhaps deserves a start non positives Conneely subbed yet again at half time can we afford to start him again in such crucial games who would be a manager.

Lord Love Rocket 03-04-2019 22:03

Like you said andyd the next three fixtures are masive feel for conneely just coming back from injurie I feel for any player getting hooked of at half time but it had to be done.Richards a million miles of and as for Hughes he's gone I've seen fitter and quicker CBs on a Sunday morning not good.

Lord Love Rocket 03-04-2019 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1226488)
I didn't think before the game we were going to get anything from tonight Sunderland top side with better players than ours bad time to concede the 2 but 2nd half we improved my main concern going into the season defining next 3 fixtures is we can't seem to buy a goal at the moment let's hope we can cure this few positives tonight even though he conceded 3 Dimitar looks a far better keeper than Maxted, Sousa looked sharp and perhaps deserves a start non positives Conneely subbed yet again at half time can we afford to start him again in such crucial games who would be a manager.

On reflection I think he took Seamus off for his own good he was awful yet again just not good enough for this level, he tries though so credit for that but please don't start him again on Saturday, for his sake and ours!

Chrisr 03-04-2019 22:19

It was certainly a game of two halves as they say, The first half we had no answer to Sunderland. We did well to go in only 2-0 down. second half a couple of changes gave us a lift. We did have 3 chances in the game but again failed to score. I agree that a good deal of our players are not League 1 quality. I still think we will stay up by the skin of our teeth, We need more experienced players and a decent striker. Coley was trying to pick the positives which he has to do. I do think we will all be biting our nails until the last game of this season. Lets see what we can afford to buy, sell, in players, Tonight was a bad day at the office. Last Saturday a draw would have been fair. Billy's goal was good for me. Now we need wins and nothing else will do.

mab 03-04-2019 22:34

Chasing shadows for most of the game ,when we had the ball gave it away for fun,thought Conneely had a good first half bit surprised he was subbed, McConville ineffective yet again Souca changed the game and deserves a start.

Twenty Eight 03-04-2019 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by mab (Post 1226494)
Chasing shadows for most of the game ,when we had the ball gave it away for fun,thought Conneely had a good first half bit surprised he was subbed, McConville ineffective yet again Souca changed the game and deserves a start.

I’ve said it a million times but I’ll say it again. The way we set up the defensive midfield role is incredibly tough.
Scotty can’t do it neither can Seamus at the moment. Just getting out numbered and our opponents have sussed us out with the high press.
For everyone that says Seamus did ok there will be a dissenting voice.
If he’s out Saturday good luck to whoever gets the thankless task.
So if you keep Sousa in Mab that means leaving Clark on the bench because there’s no way McConvilles getting benched and personally I think he’s been poor for a while now. So have others before everyone goes for my jugular.
Up top zero is happening no matter which combination is put together.
All in all a bit of inspiration needed.
Pray to your God whatever denomination you are because Saturday is critical.
Don’t understand Rodgers being left out tonight.
If I had a choice this would be me Saturday.
Dimi
Rodgers Sykes Hughes
Johnson Finlay Conneely McConville
Clark
Kee Smyth

Lord Love Rocket 03-04-2019 22:57

Yes man conneely was that good he got hooked of at half time Mmmm.

AccyMad 04-04-2019 06:08

For my two pennorth, I thought our lads gave it a damn good go last night against a team who obviously have more quality than we do - disappointing result but hardly a surprise given the opposition who played much better than in our other games against them (they were probably still stinging from Sunday's defeat).
I at least came home feeling like I'd watched a good game unlike last Saturday!
To be honest, my only gripe was the 'fans' who thought it apt to boo our lads off at half time, what good does that do anyone? No need for it

andyd 04-04-2019 06:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1226497)
I’ve said it a million times but I’ll say it again. The way we set up the defensive midfield role is incredibly tough.
Scotty can’t do it neither can Seamus at the moment. Just getting out numbered and our opponents have sussed us out with the high press.
For everyone that says Seamus did ok there will be a dissenting voice.
If he’s out Saturday good luck to whoever gets the thankless task.
So if you keep Sousa in Mab that means leaving Clark on the bench because there’s no way McConvilles getting benched and personally I think he’s been poor for a while now. So have others before everyone goes for my jugular.
Up top zero is happening no matter which combination is put together.
All in all a bit of inspiration needed.
Pray to your God whatever denomination you are because Saturday is critical.
Don’t understand Rodgers being left out tonight.
If I had a choice this would be me Saturday.
Dimi
Rodgers Sykes Hughes
Johnson Finlay Conneely McConville
Clark
Kee Smyth

I for one 28 agree about McConville was poor and has been for a while midfield enforcer we just haven't got one personally I think you could find room for both Sousa and Clark if we play like we did in the 2nd half in the next 3 games against poorer opposition we stand a chance of survival if not I fear the worse.

Twenty Eight 04-04-2019 07:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Love Rocket (Post 1226498)
Yes man conneely was that good he got hooked of at half time Mmmm.

Where did I say he was good ?
He's still trying to get back to 100% after a nasty injury.
Equally I assume you understand the term tactical substitutions ?
He took off a defensive midfielder and a defender replacing them with an attacking midfielder and a winger.
Reason ? 2-0 down and chasing the game.
Coley's decision totally different if we come in only 1 down.

Twenty Eight 04-04-2019 07:35

So Lord Love Rocket what is your reasoning for the Big Ben substitution ?

Twenty Eight 04-04-2019 07:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1226503)
I for one 28 agree about McConville was poor and has been for a while midfield enforcer we just haven't got one personally I think you could find room for both Sousa and Clark if we play like we did in the 2nd half in the next 3 games against poorer opposition we stand a chance of survival if not I fear the worse.

I just cant see Coley going that offensive mate especially away at Wimbledon but understand your reasoning.

monkey hanger 04-04-2019 07:48

[QUOTE=mab;1226494]Chasing shadows for most of the game ,when we had the ball gave it away for fun,

that was the main problem last night especially the first half with a side out that looked more like a side you,d send out for an away game to attempt to snatch a point. were sunderland that good or were we that bad. is the question. next three games for me will tell us which division we will be playing in next season and we need a more positive outlook than in the first half last night in them. at least clarke will be back but that will not help our central midfield failings.

pidge 04-04-2019 08:39

Conneely was a million miles of it , as was hughes who struggles with any sort of pass in or around him or over the top of him , Callum Johnson looks a shadow of a player we had from last season. Sunderland a much better side than us if truth be told , billy Kee done well with what service he had an if him or Sean don’t score it doesent look like a goal will come from anywhere else on the park , Also thaught Smyth was innefective an got brushed of the ball far to easily last night.