Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Blackpool avoid points deduction (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/blackpool-avoid-points-deduction-70542.html)

AccyMad 11-04-2019 13:55

Blackpool avoid points deduction

& come up smelling of roses - apparently the EFL in their wisdom have decided Pool's decision to bring in the receivers is not considered to be because of an insolvency issue & so a points deduction is not deemed necessary

Twenty Eight 11-04-2019 16:55

Re: Blackpool avoid points deduction

It wasn't the club's decision to be placed in the hands of Receivers - it was a High Court order. This now allows the club to be sold and when sold part of the proceeds will be used to pay off Oyston's debt to a Latvian banker called Belekon.
The club was doing ok so what you have to understand is this is a politically motivated receivership aimed at 1/ Letting the club carry on as it was but with a new owner 2/ Forces Oyston out of football and to pay pay at least part of what he owes.
I applaud this decision as a football fan.
Nothing to be gained by punishing the club which in itself was a victim of theft (£26.77 million to be precise) stripped and laundered through Oyston's Companies.
Common sense prevails ...... a saying you don't often hear about football.

cashman 11-04-2019 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1226964)
Common sense prevails ...... a saying you don't often hear about football.

Agree though common sense and the E.F.L. dont normally go together,

Mr T 11-04-2019 18:08

Most of the EFL staff are BFC fans

The EFL have been moaned at before for "alleged" wrong decisions.

Easy, popular decision;)

Twenty Eight 11-04-2019 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 1226967)
Most of the EFL staff are BFC fans

The EFL have been moaned at before for "alleged" wrong decisions.

Easy, popular decision;)

So you' be happy to let the club get whacked again having been robbed of in excess of £26 mill ?
The EFL are far from perfect but on this occasion many people have no problem with this decision.

AccyMad 12-04-2019 07:23

I have mixed feelings about this, I always thought that going into receivership brought sanctions with it automatically, & that it was the severity & timing of any points deduction that was at the discretion of the EFL.
Seems I was wrong, maybe Bury will also escape any sanctions as well as their current woes are I believe due to the previous owner?
I have mixed feelings about this, I know the Oysten's had to go but the way the Blackpool fans bleated on you'd think they're the only club to ever have bad ownership issues. And, no matter what's going on up above, I can't understand them boycotting games & abandoning their players. Put that together with the way they then behaved at our ground & I'm sorry but I have little sympathy left for them

Twenty Eight 12-04-2019 07:53

There’s a huge difference between Blackpool and Bury.
One is fraud committed covertly the other is simple mis management.

monkey hanger 12-04-2019 08:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1226983)
I have mixed feelings about this, I always thought that going into receivership brought sanctions with it automatically, & that it was the severity & timing of any points deduction that was at the discretion of the EFL.
Seems I was wrong, maybe Bury will also escape any sanctions as well as their current woes are I believe due to the previous owner?
I have mixed feelings about this, I know the Oysten's had to go but the way the Blackpool fans bleated on you'd think they're the only club to ever have bad ownership issues. And, no matter what's going on up above, I can't understand them boycotting games & abandoning their players. Put that together with the way they then behaved at our ground & I'm sorry but I have little sympathy left for them

i agree with your sentiments regarding this but 28,s first response really sums it up. cannot really move the goalposts because we dislike some fans of certain clubs.

AccyMad 12-04-2019 09:36

I didn't mean that MH, just that I can't be happy for them - just relieved that they're at home tomorrow to save another club from their 'celebrations' if how they behaved last time they had good news is anything to go by

cashman 12-04-2019 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1227000)
I didn't mean that MH, just that I can't be happy for them - just relieved that they're at home tomorrow to save another club from their 'celebrations' if how they behaved last time they had good news is anything to go by

Its like i said on the thread that was closed, every club including us has a few dick heads, overall i thought the blackpool fans were ok.?

ossy kid 12-04-2019 15:01

A little different than 1962.

AccyMad 12-04-2019 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1227010)
Its like i said on the thread that was closed, every club including us has a few dick heads, overall i thought the blackpool fans were ok.?

Yes, they do but the on that night at our ground they definitely had more than a few :rolleyes: