Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Stanley legend McEvilly Birthday 15th April (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/stanley-legend-mcevilly-birthday-15th-april-70544.html)

DAV007 13-04-2019 03:19

Stanley legend McEvilly Birthday 15th April

Monday 15th April is the birthday of Stanley legend Lee McEvilly

Any true Stanley fan will remember Evil as a major factor in our conference days, a player who had vast ability but was let down by a lack of physical discipline.

Many fans have been in touch to ask if we are going to have a good whip round for evil; normally I would be happy to arrange such things but I no longer live near the area so can I ask you make contact with Evil via Facebook or other communication channels to pass on your wishes and gifts?

I think it would be fitting if at the next home game Andy Holt made Lee the guest of honour, maybe have an appearance in the fan zone pre kick off and have him paraded around the pitch at half time?
Can someone ask him to do this on Twitter please?

It’s legends like evil that have got Stanley up into the league, least we forget!

Taypot 13-04-2019 10:46

Re: Stanley legend McEvilly Birthday 15th April

Dav007 IS Lee McEvilly!

cashman 13-04-2019 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taypot (Post 1227057)
Dav007 IS Lee McEvilly!

Since when?

AccyMad 13-04-2019 11:39

He's certainly his no.1 (& possibly only) fan :)

DAV007 13-04-2019 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1227061)
He's certainly his no.1 (& possibly only) fan :)

Incorrect sir

The Stanley ultras recently discussed their most loved to hate and yet still love and Lee McEvilly came top of the poll

I don’t care about evil, he don’t care about me, all I care about is watching Stanley

Evil - captain, leader, legend

Many happy returns to the man with the ability to play at the very top, another wasted talent.

Be grateful if Dan Jewell can ask Coley how high up the football pyramid McEvilly could have played if his dietary discipline matched his ability

Exile on Spencer St 13-04-2019 17:33

My abiding memory of Mr McEvilly is from a game in 2004 at Farnborough Town, where I’d taken Mrs Exile as her birthday present (I still try and spoil her).
Of the 706 fans, about 6 were supporting Stanley.
At one point the ball came hurtling towards where we were standing near the half-way line (one of Proccy’s passes, possibly) with Lee chasing after it in a desperate a attempt to keep it in play. Only a scaffold pole atop a thin bit of hoarding stood between us and the field of play and, as Lee approached, we assumed the brace position in anticipation of him crashing through it.
He didn’t but, as he came to a sudden halt gripping the pole, steam billowing from his shaven head, he was like an enraged bull frustrated at not having impailed his tormentor.
I don’t about Farnborough, but he put the fear of god into me!

AccyMad 13-04-2019 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1227075)
Incorrect sir

The Stanley ultras recently discussed their most loved to hate and yet still love and Lee McEvilly came top of the poll

I don’t care about evil, he don’t care about me, all I care about is watching Stanley

Evil - captain, leader, legend

Many happy returns to the man with the ability to play at the very top, another wasted talent.

Be grateful if Dan Jewell can ask Coley how high up the football pyramid McEvilly could have played if his dietary discipline matched his ability

Sir?? I think not Dav 007