Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Walsall home thread. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/walsall-home-thread-70545.html)

andyd 13-04-2019 06:53

Walsall home thread.

Fully fit squad available I thought we played well Tuesday night but again no goals I think it will be the same starting 11 but still think Sousa should be given a start maybe in for Smyth your thoughts everyone get behind them from the beginning to the end today folks 3 points needed avoiding a defeat a must.

cashman 13-04-2019 09:01

Re: Walsall home thread.

If as said Billy went off with an injury,perhaps would be better brought on from bench? 90 mins could well be too much! just my assumption.

monkey hanger 13-04-2019 09:09

need to play what is the best side we have got at the moment. no place for any out of form no matter who. use of substitutions could be a big thing as cashy says i cannot see billy doing 90 minutes.

yonmon 13-04-2019 09:37

The Stanley Rollercoaster has now morphed into ' The Big One '... does it hurtle down the steep run to relegation or the slow upwards climb towards League safety ?..we shall see ! .

Whichever route is taken this afternoon calls for maximum support from every Stanley fan with no attempts at negative behaviour on show !.. ( and I did hear the booing at the Fleetwood game ! ). But some fans are fickle !.

It will I fear be as much a test of nerve as one of Soccer skills and their application this afternoon... I hope that the Reds are not the first to blink !..

ON STANLEY !.. ON TO EVEN GREATER THINGS !. ��

Chewbacca 13-04-2019 09:45

Set up for a blood and thunder game, a draw and Walsall will probably go down, they win 2-0 and go above us. We win and stay up despite the run in.

yonmon 13-04-2019 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1227053)
Set up for a blood and thunder game, a draw and Walsall will probably go down, they win 2-0 and go above us. We win and stay up despite the run in.

That is certain to add a touch of frissance to the game methinks !!...a timely reminder there Chewbacca !.

cashman 13-04-2019 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 1227056)
That is certain to add a touch of frissance to the game methinks !!...a timely reminder there Chewbacca !.

I might agree wi that if i knew what it was lol:D

smudgie 13-04-2019 14:33

Get in there Ross !

cashman 13-04-2019 14:35

Oh crap 1-1

cashman 13-04-2019 14:56

We had a good goal disallowed and a certain penalty not given so i'm informed, seems like the world and his wife are against us?:rolleyes:

cashman 13-04-2019 15:30

2-1 STANLEY ROSS again

cashman 13-04-2019 15:35

Clarkys hit the post cmon reds lets get a third.

DAV007 13-04-2019 15:47

Good result if we can hang on, only 2 more points needed for safety (based on assumption 50 is enough)

cashman 13-04-2019 15:55

Great 3pts today, well done REDS:)

Exile on Spencer St 13-04-2019 15:57

Thank god i can uncross my digits. Well done Stanley lads and lasses.

yonmon 13-04-2019 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1227063)
I might agree wi that if i knew what it was lol:D

If as reported you are not that well... then get better soon old friend!

DAV007 13-04-2019 16:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 1227080)
If as reported you are not that well... then get better soon old friend!

Ditto, get well soon brother

Lord Didsbury 13-04-2019 16:41

Who got MOTM? Thought Sean was excellent today.

football19 13-04-2019 17:26

Massive game,massive result.
Another three points will keep us up.

Greger 13-04-2019 17:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1227085)

In that case Plymouth at home will be another massive game. Can't see many points coming from the other three.

cashman 13-04-2019 17:39

yeh never know greger today may just give em the confidence? its a funny owd game;)

Kiwi John 13-04-2019 17:54

Needed beauty sleep badly, so didn't get up for this one, so just how wonderful it is to wake up to 3 points ?? !!. Good onya STANLEY-no 'Grumpy Sunday' downunder. :)

pidge 13-04-2019 17:58

Me an a few round me thaught Sean was MOM today fantastic performance , hard to take MOM of big Ross after his 2 goals , huge relieve after the final whistle felt by players staff and fans , 1 more win to guarantee safety in my eyes , up the reds.

choirboy 13-04-2019 18:45

It was indeed a very BIG MATCH for Accrington Stanley but also for Walsall today at the Wham Stadium!
A big step towards League One survival was the reward for the 'Victors' today.
IMHO we fully deserved the three points today!
John Coleman went back to the tried and tested 4-4-2 formation restoring Callum Johnson to his previously regular right back position and sticking with Seamus Coneely in midfield. I do believe that he got those decisions 100% correct today. They both had probably their best games of the season today in a resolute and determined performance form the whole team.
For me their was only one possibility for the MOM award and that was Ross Sykes!
His two goals alone were enough for him to deserve the nomination but he was also a TOWER in our defence! He was brave and strong in everything he did today!
All our boys played well today and although they did understandably exhibit a degree of nervousness at times they all stuck to the task superbly!
I have to say also that the support from the Clayton End and around the ground was just brilliant! Coley had called for us all to be that TWELFTH MAN today and I do believe that we were! The show of flags as the players came out was just wonderful and the loud vocal support for the whole 90+ minutes was inspirational!
The only negative thing for me once again was the poor standard of refereeing! Today the referee was awful IMHO. He barely broke sweat in his poor attempts to keep up with play and made crucial decisions from 30+yards away which really could have affected the result of the match. The denial of a penalty to us when Johnson was brought down arguably 'accidentally' was followed within a minute or so by him awarding a free kick to Walsall on the edge of our penalty box for exactly the same type of incident. Once again when you view the 'Stats' for the match we see our opponents committing twice as many fouls as us...which is basically an indication of our opponents generally stopping us from playing football into their defensive area! Once again Billy Kee was man handled and pushed and wrestled for the whole ninety minutes! Then midway through the second half when the referee actually woke up he produced his cards several times resulting in a plethora of bookings and a sending off!
Referees seem to have this idea that from the start they must at all costs 'keep the game flowing' by not awarding too many free kicks in the first half hour of a match!
IMHO what the referee should be doing in the first half hour of the match is ensuring that the players on both sides play to the rules and if that results in a couple of early bookings then we would more likely enjoy a flowing and relatively foul free match and no ore bookings!
I believe that we just need referees to apply the rules properly and to be consistent!

Anyway today could have been our biggest match of the season and we came out of it with three important points!

ON STANLEY ON
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Lord Didsbury 13-04-2019 19:16

Kee plays with his back to play, therefore he will be fouled more. The fouls he attracts will not be worthy of a booking.
Can’t blame the ref for that.
Too many high balls to Kee today. Waste of time and frustrating to watch.

Agree that Sykes had a very good game. Thought our goalie was very good too as were Finley and Johnson. The Don was poor today. Seamus and Dan were ok but could have given us more.
Hughes made an unbelievable tackle second half. Dead cert pen had it not come off.

choirboy 13-04-2019 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1227096)
Kee plays with his back to play, therefore he will be fouled more. The fouls he attracts will not be worthy of a booking.
Can’t blame the ref for that.

Lord D.
Wether or not Kee plays with his back to play or not, if he is fouled then the referee should award a free kick. If the referee does not award a free kick then HE IS TO BLAME not Kee!
Those are the rules and the referees should apply them! Then the game would flow and be more entertaining. There is no such thing as a 'Worthy or Unworthy foul'!
:confused:

DAV007 13-04-2019 19:48

Was it a deserved red card for the Walsall player?

AccyMad 13-04-2019 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1227082)
Who got MOTM? Thought Sean was excellent today.

He was, Ross got motm though & well deserved to

Lord Didsbury 13-04-2019 20:03

Choirboy - he gets absolutely shed loads of free kicks.

Dav- Er Indoors thought Sean dived for the second booking. Don’t remember any complaints from their players though.

AccyMad 13-04-2019 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1227098)
Was it a deserved red card for the Walsall player?

Absolutely! Second yellow & the cheating little sod was lucky to get away with a yellow for the first

Lord Didsbury 13-04-2019 20:16

The sending off is on the highlights. Deffo late challenge on Big Ben.

choirboy 13-04-2019 20:42

Lord D.
I agree that Billy gets awarded a lot of free kicks but only for about half the number of offences committed against him!
:eek:

monkey hanger 14-04-2019 10:07

Referees seem to have this idea that from the start they must at all costs 'keep the game flowing' by not awarding too many free kicks in the first half hour of a match!
IMHO what the referee should be doing in the first half hour of the match is ensuring that the players on both sides play to the rules and if that results in a couple of early bookings then we would more likely enjoy a flowing and relatively foul free match and no ore bookings!
I believe that we just need referees to apply the rules properly and to be consistent![/COLOR]

got to remember that the referee is only following orders at first then thinking about what the assessor will think. i,ve had it before with them saying you never let the game flow early on and making a rod for my own back with an early caution or sending off. a foul is a foul in the 1st minute as the last and so are certain cautions and sending offs. consistancy and correct applications of the laws of the game is something we all strive for but like all human beings we do not always get it right. allowing them to referee as they think fit and not with one arm tied up their back from the league and their own assessors might give em a better chance of doing their job correctly.

ASFC1019 14-04-2019 10:54

Scrappy game yesterday but I thought out the two teams we deserved the win. Hard for anyone to play football in the conditions we had yesterday so going more direct was a necessity really.
Seamus was close to being Man of the match for me. Best game I’ve seen him have in a long, long time. Broke up the play well and won almost everything.
Sean was back to his best, looking a threat every time he got the ball.
Overall a good performance and a much needed win. I think 1 more win will be enough. Hopefully get something from Luton/Donny and we’ll be ok.

yonmon 14-04-2019 11:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1227085)

The Wigan Warrior returns with all guns blazing !!..

yonmon 14-04-2019 11:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1227099)
He was, Ross got motm though & well deserved to

Slipped that bouquet in very sneakily Di !!. I'd .been waiting for it !.

andyd 14-04-2019 12:25

Looking at the table and all teams around us fixtures I am leaning towards 50 points being enough doesn't mean we should take a big breath but I think we could do something against Luton amazing what a win does for the confidence nice to see Conneely having a good game yesterday hopefully fit now and a good preseason might see him back to a major influence in midfield stay up and a good summer on bringing some new faces might be a bit brighter next season 4 to go 12 points to play for.

Exile on Spencer St 14-04-2019 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi John (Post 1227091)
Needed beauty sleep badly, so didn't get up for this one, so just how wonderful it is to wake up to 3 points...

Kiwi John,
This is the second time I can recall a rare Stanley victory coinciding with you staying in bed!
When Stanley are next facing Luton it should be 04:30 Sunday morning for you! For all our sakes, will you make sure you’re fast asleep! ;)

Twenty Eight 14-04-2019 15:18

The pitch is truly awful and when you like to play a passing game mistakes are inevitable with the ball bobbling around. Add into that the wind and it was never going to be pretty.
Left back remains a major issue for me. Janoi whilst having sympathy for him playing out of position just doesn't look at the races.
If Ross keeps performing like that the away supporters might end up with a roof over their heads.
Captains performance from Conneely doing the dog work.

StanleyJosh 15-04-2019 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1227120)
Left back remains a major issue for me. Janoi whilst having sympathy for him playing out of position just doesn't look at the races.

I'm in two minds over Janoi's best position.
Last season (admittedly against weaker opposition) he seemed to suit playing as a full back, he was strong, powerful and direct.
Paul Lambert seems to think he has the attributes to be a centre half. I couldn't disagree more. Constantly out of position and a poor header of the ball.

Not a fan of Big Ben but I must admit he has looked much more composed in recent weeks and wouldn't mind him starting at LB instead of Janoi (admittedly not Bens natural position either...)

Clear to see why Coley didn't take up the opportunity on signing Gibson permanently. Can only assume fitness/illness/injury is keeping him well out of the side.

Will Wood is not good enough to be a Football League player.

Regan has played really well on loan at Southport but unfortunately I can't see him competing in League 1 next season. Would love it if he proved me wrong however.

Oh how we need a solid, left footed left back back for next season.
Wonder if Harvey could do a job there if not.....

Spartacus2nd 15-04-2019 10:49

If anyone else has a go at it Coley's gonna be scouring the stands... might polish up me Dunlops fert weekend

accyfan21 15-04-2019 11:43

https://twitter.com/QuestTV

Vote for Ross on twitter - League 1 player of weekend - up against Akinfenwa and Clarke-Harris from Bristol’s rovers!

Exile on Spencer St 15-04-2019 12:36

Left back has often been a bit of a problem for Stanley (as have left-footed players!). Jacobson was one notable exception. But, this season, the most annoying aspect is that Anderton, who I thought was very solid, was recalled after Xmess but doesn’t seem to even make Blackpool’s bench. Anyone know what happened to him?
Big Ben played left back at Wimbledon and didn’t disgrace himself (and appears to be able to do more than just stand on his left leg) and Rogers seemed to be getting back to some form a few weeks ago. But, as far as I understand it from others’ comments, neither of these players really feel LB is their best position.

monkey hanger 15-04-2019 12:49

apart from lads who can fill in for the odd game for me we have not got a left back. reason why a very average anderson looked good for us but cannot get a regular place for blackpool.

MikeA 15-04-2019 13:29

At last, some good luck for Walsall fans:
https://walsall.vitalfootball.co.uk/...nfinite-scroll

cashman 15-04-2019 13:44

Thats good to hear, hope they get sorted with somebody decent.

AccyMad 15-04-2019 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1227144)
At last, some good luck for Walsall fans:
https://walsall.vitalfootball.co.uk/...nfinite-scroll

The Great Escape :D

Twenty Eight 15-04-2019 20:58

Mr Evans has landed a job already ...... will be at a League One Club ready for next season so assuming we’re safe in the words of Arnie “he’ll be back”

Chewbacca 15-04-2019 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1227150)
Mr Evans has landed a job already ...... will be at a League One Club ready for next season so assuming we’re safe in the words of Arnie “he’ll be back”

Only Ipswich and Lincoln are guaranteed to be in Div 1 next season as it stands, all current league 1 teams call still go up or down or both (Fleetwood).

monkey hanger 16-04-2019 08:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1227151)
Only Ipswich and Lincoln are guaranteed to be in Div 1 next season as it stands, all current league 1 teams call still go up or down or both (Fleetwood).

yes it could be fleetwood. a case of dick for dumb.

AccyMad 16-04-2019 09:35

Fleetwood? Am I missing something, thought they were safe

cashman 16-04-2019 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1227157)
Fleetwood? Am I missing something, thought they were safe

Fleetwood are safe, unless someone wins all their games and scores about plus 15.:D and fleetwood dont earn another point. pmsl Oh and Fleetwood have a game in hand on the bottom 4. lol

Chewbacca 16-04-2019 22:27

Oh dear - no one said it would happen, it is just a monster fact that with 5 games to go it is still possible a team can go up or down, and no team is guaranteed to be in League 1 that currently is.

After contributing such a monster fact the usual troll shows a lack of understanding of what is said, and the nature it was intended.

No wonder no one bothers here anymore.

cashman 17-04-2019 07:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1227167)
Oh dear - no one said it would happen, it is just a monster fact that with 5 games to go it is still possible a team can go up or down, and no team is guaranteed to be in League 1 that currently is.

After contributing such a monster fact the usual troll shows a lack of understanding of what is said, and the nature it was intended.

i wonder why a troll like you bothers.:rolleyes:

AccyMad 17-04-2019 08:07

So who's the troll, me or Cashy? It was me who didn't understand your post so must be me :mosher:

cashman 17-04-2019 08:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1227173)
So who's the troll, me or Cashy? It was me who didn't understand your post so must be me :mosher:

No idea but i know who the big headed clown is.;)

Spartacus2nd 17-04-2019 16:24

Oh dear, Uncle Nobby's back :mad:

choirboy 18-04-2019 10:22

Why oh why on 'Accy Web' does almost every topic seem to reduce to some posters just throwing insults at each other?:confused:
We all have different opinions about the daily goings on around our wonderful football club and surely it isn't impossible to air our differences politely and respectfully!
Is it not possible for all posters to simply try to be civil and positive towards each other...........?

Come on ...........just be nice to each other please!:hothothot

cashman 18-04-2019 10:38

impossible when some clown starts it.

AccyMad 18-04-2019 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1227210)
Why oh why on 'Accy Web' does almost every topic seem to reduce to some posters just throwing insults at each other?:confused:
We all have different opinions about the daily goings on around our wonderful football club and surely it isn't impossible to air our differences politely and respectfully!
Is it not possible for all posters to simply try to be civil and positive towards each other...........?

Maybe it could be put down to end of season jitters? :)

StanleyJosh 18-04-2019 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1227167)

It's a sad situation really, especially considering this should be thriving.
Lurked for a while then decided to sign up eventually...
Going downhill unfortunately.

Shame, could be a really really good forum.

yonmon 18-04-2019 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1227210)

Couldn't agree with you more Choirboy !... at times I am embarrassed by some of the ill-mannered posts we see !.. makes you wonder about the educational level of the perpetrators... or their emotional states when they post their insulting drivel !.

OK... This sounds a little pompous, but .....