Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Tomorrow's Game (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/tomorrows-game-70564.html)

Somerset 26-04-2019 17:36

Tomorrow's Game

I am fully prepared for tomorrow's game to be postponed due to a waterlogged pitch given the heavy rain forecast, which is unusual for this late on in the season and for the last home game of the season to be postponed would be a disgusting disgrace, hopefully it won't be postponed but I will be very surprised if the game goes ahead.

AccyMad 26-04-2019 18:10

Re: Tomorrow's Game

A disgusting disgrace?! Wow, that's one step up from your usual concern that it would be a disgrace & the match hasn't even been called off as yet - keep the faith Mr. Somerset & don't let your worries about tomorrow stop you from sleeping tonight - everything will be fine :)

cashman 26-04-2019 18:13

Go boil yer head.

Div3North 26-04-2019 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1227728)
A disgusting disgrace?! Wow, that's one step up from your usual concern that it would be a disgrace & the match hasn't even been called off as yet - keep the faith Mr. Somerset & don't let your worries about tomorrow stop you from sleeping tonight - everything will be fine :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1227729)
Go boil yer head.

Do I sense a slight difference of approach, guys?
:theband:

ferret man 26-04-2019 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Somerset (Post 1227726)
I am fully prepared for tomorrow's game to be postponed due to a waterlogged pitch given the heavy rain forecast, which is unusual for this late on in the season and for the last home game of the season to be postponed would be a disgusting disgrace, hopefully it won't be postponed but I will be very surprised if the game goes ahead.

Thanks for that I can go and plan something else for 2morn

Exile on Spencer St 26-04-2019 18:22

1 Attachment(s)
Don’t fret, Somerset.
Underneath all that grass, the pitch is in good nick from this shot taken this morning.

Somerset 26-04-2019 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1227728)

I know the match hasn't been called off yet but I can't see it being on given the heavy rain forecast

VALAIRIAN 26-04-2019 18:54

Quote:

Sure it will be OK my friend :)

pifco 26-04-2019 19:38

If the game is off there is nothing that can be done about it. It wont be disgusting or disgraceful, it will just be a simple fact of life.

Somerset 26-04-2019 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by pifco (Post 1227742)
If the game is off there is nothing that can be done about it. It wont be disgusting or disgraceful, it will just be a simple fact of life.

If the game is off, which I think it will be, it will make me feel tensed up, it is very unusual indeed for games to be postponed due to the weather in the last week of April which would be the weather's fault for being too wet.

Chimer 26-04-2019 21:55

If I was in your position I'd be suffering rather more tension about a game in Northampton ….

Somerset 26-04-2019 22:03

I think the game will be played on Tuesday 30th April when the weather is forecast to be drier, it makes sense to play when it's dry than wet

DAV007 27-04-2019 07:16

Quote:

Welcome home brother

Rise above the hate my friend

choirboy 27-04-2019 08:34

I wonder if Somerset's favourite pop group is....
Wet, wet, wet?

cashman 27-04-2019 08:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1227758)
Welcome home brother

Rise above the hate my friend

Doubt very much if anyone hates him, i mean every village has one!