Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Plymouth (H) match thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/plymouth-h-match-thread-70565.html)

cashman 28-04-2019 14:37

Re: Plymouth (H) match thread

Us lot thought twas a deflection but who cares?:D

Twenty Eight 28-04-2019 21:13

Kiwi John !
So that he can retract his “Dads Army” comment about Harvey !

AccyMad 29-04-2019 06:01

So, despite Coley's appreciation of the job Derek Adams was doing at Plymouth he was sacked last night - what's the point with just one game left :rolleyes:

Twenty Eight 29-04-2019 07:07

Massive point.
If the players wont do it for the gaffer and three points are critical get him out of there which then puts all the emphasis on the players.

Lord Stiffupperlip 29-04-2019 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1227875)
So, despite Coley's appreciation of the job Derek Adams was doing at Plymouth he was sacked last night - what's the point with just one game left :rolleyes:

Plymouth were not the best team I've seen at the Wham, but despite the scoreline, their players never gave up trying.
Saturday was one of those rare games every team gets once in a season where everything goes right.
Unlucky for the Pilgrims, it was our turn when it mattered.
Madness!

AccyMad 29-04-2019 09:34

Sorry Twenty Eight, I disagree - the fans have got what they were having for on Saturday so who are they going to blame if they do go down plus if the players are prepared to risk relegation rather than play for their manager they don't deserve to play next week, bench the lot of 'em & play the reserves.

cashman 29-04-2019 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip (Post 1227878)
Plymouth were not the best team I've seen at the Wham, but despite the scoreline, their players never gave up trying.
Saturday was one of those rare games every team gets once in a season where everything goes right.
Madness!

agree it was one of those games and we have had quite a few,i have seen worse than Plymouth at the Wham, everything we touched turned to gold on sat, imho. i cannot agree the players werent playing for the manager, it was one of those days simple as. in fact they were on top until the penalty and kept on until the death.

choirboy 29-04-2019 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemur (Post 1227860)
Looked like that to me too TwentyEight....
Perhaps a deflection off Sykes but then a second deflection of Hughes!

sykes went off at half time his legs aren't that long choirboy lol

Correct..... I meant Roy Rogers of course!:help:

Twenty Eight 29-04-2019 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1227879)
Sorry Twenty Eight, I disagree - the fans have got what they were having for on Saturday so who are they going to blame if they do go down plus if the players are prepared to risk relegation rather than play for their manager they don't deserve to play next week, bench the lot of 'em & play the reserves.

When have you ever seen players blamed ?
Anywhere.
Never.
The Manager always pays the price.
No one is saying its correct its a fact of life.
They'll probably turn Scunny over with ease and survive.
If they don't it will all be the ex Managers fault for his tactics all season.

Wynonie Harris 29-04-2019 11:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1227882)
Correct..... I meant Roy Rogers of course!:help:

He did have a bit of help from Trigger, though. ;)

VALAIRIAN 29-04-2019 13:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip (Post 1227878)
Madness!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1227880)
agree it was one of those games and we have had quite a few,i have seen worse than Plymouth at the Wham, everything we touched turned to gold on sat, imho. i cannot agree the players werent playing for the manager, it was one of those days simple as. in fact they were on top until the penalty and kept on until the death.

Both spot on!

They never stopped trying to play, heads did not drop.

IF, we had not got/scored the penalty and IF the deflection had taken the ball over the bar, things would have been very, very different :)

Our turn for once :)

:) :) :)

Mr T 29-04-2019 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1227879)

Di;

Under new EFL regs; ALL teams ( including those with nothing to play for) MUST play 10 players who were on the team sheet from their last fixture; in fixtures played after 25th of March.
This rule was brought in when Huddersfield played their reserves v Birmingham and in effect relegated Blackburn.

AccyMad 29-04-2019 16:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 1227890)
Di;

Under new EFL regs; ALL teams ( including those with nothing to play for) MUST play 10 players who were on the team sheet from their last fixture; in fixtures played after 25th of March.
This rule was brought in when Huddersfield played their reserves v Birmingham and in effect relegated Blackburn.

Was just my opinion - didn't think for one minute it would happen

DAV007 29-04-2019 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 1227890)
Di;

Mr T is it 10 who started or 10 from the 18 man squad (first 11 & bench)?

Mr T 30-04-2019 07:26

10 from the squad, (18) so it does leave some room from change.

Be interesting if Bolton are "ordered" to play their Youth Team v Brentford, as that will leave to another EFL rule breach,