Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Rip (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/rip-70620.html)

Spartacus2nd 20-06-2019 10:29

Rip

RIP to ChrisR off this forum, who has sadly passed away after failing to recover from an operation :(

cashman 20-06-2019 11:18

Re: Rip

Very sorry to hear about ChrisR, have known him since he was about 15, used to mate with his older brother.G. was a decent bloke R.I.P.

AccyMad 20-06-2019 12:20

Oh my, that's a shock! RIP Chris - sincere condolences to his family & friends

Margaret Pilkington 20-06-2019 14:41

So sad for his family.
Sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Twenty Eight 20-06-2019 20:35

May I pay my respects to Chrisr and express my sadness to all his friends.
I didn’t know him but recall his comments appearing on threads.
God bless Chris x

mab 20-06-2019 22:11

Sad news indeed may I offer my condolences to ChrisR's family and friends R.I.P

Outback Ozzy 20-06-2019 22:18

Very sad news, Condolences to all family and friends

Lord Stiffupperlip 20-06-2019 22:23

Saddened to hear of the passing of ChrisR.
Although I never had the privilege of meeting Chris, I always valued his opinions as balanced & more importantly, always enjoyable to read.
Our forum will surely miss his contributions, always honest & without malice.
Sincere condolences to his family.
RIP my friend.

choirboy 21-06-2019 07:47

Such sad news indeed. My thoughts are with his family and close friends.

pifco 21-06-2019 12:22

Very sad news I, like several others on this forum, never met him but his passing will be a real lose to the views and debates regarding the ups and downs of ASFC.
Sincere condolences to his family and friends.

The Red Darreners 21-06-2019 13:49

Oh Lord, I really wasn't expecting to see this when I logged in today. This is terrible news. Deeply, deeply saddened. I knew Chris's general health wasn't great and that he was in and out of hospital after his accident, but I really wasn't expecting this. It's knocked me sideways.

Ali and I have had the privilege of sitting next to Chris at the Crown for the last six years.

We're blessed to sit with some delightful people - the warmth, humour, friendship and love provided by all really do make it seem like a family, and make the whole Stanley experience unique and unmissable.

Chris was a warm, funny, kind man, as passionate about his politics as his football. An array of politicians, local and national, will have endured fearful (and probably deserved) ear-bashings from Chris either in person or via Twitter; his Labour soul was part of his essence.

I loved arguing with him (although we were usually on the same side); his commentary on the football that unfolded week by week was often accurate, usually wry and amusing and invariably of the 'glass half-empty' variety. I will be forever in his debt for introducing me to the writings of Harry Leslie Smith.

But I'm finding it very hard to imagine turning up at the Bury game and him not being there - I'll miss the warm handshakes, hugs and his sense of fun, a fellow-traveller with whom it was good to put the world to rights.

Deepest sympathy and love to the whole R... clan - and as much strength as you all need .

And farewell Chris my old pal - it was a joy to share your time.

Richard and Ali xx

Kiwi John 21-06-2019 20:03

RIP Chris R. How sad it is to lose a loved one and a Stanley family man.

yonmon 22-06-2019 14:56

I add my kindest thoughts to Chris's family as I mourn the loss of another true Stanley fan whose words always showed a clear and straightforward understanding of all things surrounding our team . He will be missed !.