Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   iFollow and Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/ifollow-and-stanley-70700.html)

cashman 29-10-2020 10:51

Re: iFollow and Stanley

to be honest long before covid i have been saying defund the BBC,

Mr T 29-10-2020 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1246226)
anyone know if the tranmere cup game will be streamed or being a cup game does someone own the rights for transmission.

Both clubs have agreed to stream the game IF it's not one of the 16 TV games.

However on details on how it's going to work; as I Follow is an EFL system and the game is in the FA Cup!!

Again work in progress !

VALAIRIAN 29-10-2020 16:51

A good move - after a very bad one - from The Geordies :)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54736847

:) :) :)

Chewbacca 30-10-2020 10:09

IMG who had the international rights for the FA cup sold it to several betting sites last year available in the UK and it got criticised by the Government.

They showed the non-telly ones on the betting sites for free, you didn't have to bet, just fund an account in a certain timeframe which could be withdrawn after. Not sure who has rights this year and who they have been sold to.

andyd 30-10-2020 12:49

10 days to go till the government debate on 9th November on return of fans can't see a positive outcome on this somehow might be wrong but worst case scenario no fans this season I wonder if clubs have discussed any contingency plans on restructuring budgets or the continuation of the season. If no fans allowed in I can see a big take-up of fans wanting refunds anybody's thought,s.

VALAIRIAN 30-10-2020 15:15

I said right at the beginning - in reply to somebody on a thread on here - that I doubted supporters would be allowed in this year and more than likely, this season - and I stand by that :(

As for refunds Etc. I think people will ask - but in my opinion - there was always a very good chance we would not see any footy... :(

Just my thoughts, hope I am very, very wrong ;) :)

Chewbacca 30-10-2020 21:16

No surprise stanley not on BBC BT or Iplayer, only a 40% probability if it was left to chance and it doesn't make for a good story these days

Friday 6th November 2020

Harrogate Town v Skelmersdale United FA Cup First Round19:45BT Sport 1

Saturday 7th November 2020

Tonbridge Angels v Bradford City FA Cup First Round12:30BBC iPlayer / BBC
Sport Website / BT Sport Digital Platforms

Banbury United v Canvey Island FA Cup First Round15:00BBC iPlayer / BBC Sport Website

Colchester United v Marine FA Cup First Round15:00BBC iPlayer / BBC Sport Website

Ipswich Town v Portsmouth FA Cup First Round15:00BBC iPlayer / BBC Sport Website / BT Sport Digital Platforms

FC United of Manchester v Doncaster RoversFA Cup First Round17:30BBC Two

Sunday 8th November 2020

Barnet v Burton AlbionFA Cup First Round12:45BBC iPlayer / BBC Sport Website

Eastleigh v MK DonsFA Cup First Round12:45BBC iPlayer / BBC Sport Website

Hampton & Richmond Borough v Oldham Athletic FA Cup First Round12:45BBC iPlayer / BBC Sport Website / BT Sport Digital Platforms

Havant & Waterlooville v Cray Valley Paper Mills FA Cup First Round12:45BBC iPlayer / BBC Sport Website

Hayes & Yeading v Carlisle United FA Cup First Round12:45BBC iPlayer / BBC Sport Website

Maldon & Tiptree v Morecambe FA Cup First Round12:45BBC iPlayer / BBC Sport Website / BT Sport Digital Platforms

Torquay United v Crawley Town FA Cup First Round12:45BBC iPlayer / BBC Sport Website

Wigan Athletic v Chorley FA Cup First Round12:45BBC iPlayer / BBC Sport Website

Eastbourne Borough v Blackpool FA Cup First Round14:30BT Sport 1
Monday 9th November 2020

Oxford City v Northampton Town FA Cup First Round19:45BT Sport 1

VALAIRIAN 31-10-2020 07:05

New date for Swindon game :)

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...me-rearranged/

:) :)

monkey hanger 31-10-2020 08:53

[QUOTE=VALAIRIAN;1246264]I said right at the beginning - in reply to somebody on a thread on here - that I doubted supporters would be allowed in this year and more than likely, this season - and I stand by that :(

with you on that. in fact i,m looking at august 2021 as a possibility. its not only the safety considerations thats in my mind but more importantly how it looks to the rest of the non football watching public. there interests and activities have been cancelled by the virus so why should football be any different. if all the luvvies were allowed to get back to work with all their places totally open and football grounds still shut then i,d be infront of the queue complaining.

VALAIRIAN 31-10-2020 09:06

There is also the angle of how the supporters feel about going into grounds....... we have quite an open ground, but not all are.....

I understand fully - and respect - those who would be nervous at the thought of going somewhere with 100's of other people.

monkey hanger 31-10-2020 09:48

[QUOTE=VALAIRIAN;1246276].

I understand fully - and respect - those who would be nervous at the thought of going somewhere with 100's of other people.

it has never been compulsory to attend games anyway. would be back today if i had the choice but looking at the wider picture at the moment giving me the chance to do so is not the right message until some form of normality in everything comes back. there are many who actually hate football with a passion like my brother in law and late sister. she never got it that she had a bit more than some of her school mates due to our father having the odd quid more due to his profession.

andyd 01-11-2020 11:09

After a meeting this morning between Andy Holt and the rest of Accrington Stanley,s board it has been decided to refund 50% of season tickets money to every season ticket holder, I follow will still be available as will access to matches if we are allowed back this season. I would like to say that this is a fantastic gesture from a well run financially sound club well done to all involved.

VALAIRIAN 01-11-2020 12:35

Very nice gesture, but - unless forced - I shall NOT be accepting a refund!

Taypot 01-11-2020 17:54

[QUOTE=VALAIRIAN;1246316]Very nice gesture, but - unless forced - I shall NOT be accepting a refund!

Nor will I!

monkey hanger 02-11-2020 09:24

at least the option is there for those who are really feeling the pinch and with the possibility of the dole queue on the horizon. unlike a lot of clubs i think there will be a lot of refusals. its what makes this club greater than a lot of others. there are not many of us, we fall out at times but at the end of the day most u=of us have their hearts in the right place.