Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   iFollow and Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/ifollow-and-stanley-70700.html)

DAV007 27-08-2019 09:57

Re: iFollow and Stanley

£8 per game?
Are they doing Ifollow season tickets for clubs?

One can pick up a good quality VPN on a 2 year subscription for under £20, easy enough to get around a domestic black out

MikeA 31-08-2019 15:08

I couldn't get to the match today so paid my £2.50 for live commentary. I'm not impressed.

There's no mention of MK Dons' players names, just 'defender' or 'keeper'. Most references to play are to left-hand or right-hand side without having told us which way we're playing so it's frustrating when the commentator then talks about 'near side' and it becomes impossible to picture what's happening on the field.

There are breaks in the commentary every 20 seconds or so and the commentary is around a minute behind BBC's Final Score. So when the commentator is talking of a Stanley attack, you already know that the opposition are about to score.

Could do (much) better...

MikeA 31-08-2019 16:01

Even a couple of minutes behind Stanley's Twitter feed!

Haggis316 20-09-2020 11:58

Is there any information as to how many supporters of either side subscribe on Ifollow to Stanley games and how much cash or what proportion of the receipts go to Stanley? Subscriptions are cheaper than match admission but presumably it attracts people not able to get to the games anyway. I live a long and difficult journey away for example and have watched both league games so far.

cashman 20-09-2020 12:28

i watch em cos no fans allowed mikea but its only a tenner to watch the game sod commentarys. its a tenner davo not £8

Mr T 20-09-2020 16:27

Folks;

I Follow is a "new baby" that's growing and going to be vital for L1 and L2 clubs for the foreseeable future (sadly)

I wasn't a fan but even this old fart can see it's "the future".

Commentary was going to be an issue as the Kings of Commentary (BBC Sport) are very busy in Lancashire.

Quick fix, get 2 media students to commentate whilst watching home game which was "ok". For away matches we had a plan to commentate off the I follow feed; not "ok" due the the "picture delay".

Fast forward 12 months.

The BBC now have "space" so we can "borrow" for a fee their skills

The EFL and their provider have worked hard once "lockdown" was relaxed to provide a "solution" that will hopefully get decent feeds to your home.

Yes there are challenges as it 100% relies on IT systems. There could be numerous reason's why the coverage aint great for you.

Money wise is even harder to explain as once again it's each club wanting the best solution for themselves.

Last I heard we are still waiting for exact figures but some money, even from away clubs is coming our way.

andyd 20-09-2020 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 1244881)
Folks;

I Follow is a "new baby" that's growing and going to be vital for L1 and L2 clubs for the foreseeable future (sadly)

I wasn't a fan but even this old fart can see it's "the future".

Commentary was going to be an issue as the Kings of Commentary (BBC Sport) are very busy in Lancashire.

Quick fix, get 2 media students to commentate whilst watching home game which was "ok". For away matches we had a plan to commentate off the I follow feed; not "ok" due the the "picture delay".

Fast forward 12 months.

The BBC now have "space" so we can "borrow" for a fee their skills

The EFL and their provider have worked hard once "lockdown" was relaxed to provide a "solution" that will hopefully get decent feeds to your home.

Yes there are challenges as it 100% relies on IT systems. There could be numerous reason's why the coverage aint great for you.

Money wise is even harder to explain as once again it's each club wanting the best solution for themselves.

Last I heard we are still waiting for exact figures but some money, even from away clubs is coming our way.

Any news Mark on limited fans back into Wham?

Mr T 20-09-2020 17:48

Sadly not;

The "extra" restrictions; sadly aren't good news

as always; just my "thoughts"" for what they are worth !!

Suspect; nowt! :)

monkey hanger 21-09-2020 08:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1244871)
i watch em cos no fans allowed mikea but its only a tenner to watch the game sod commentarys. its a tenner davo not £8

out of that tenner how much do stanley get out of it.

Mr T 21-09-2020 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1244890)
out of that tenner how much do stanley get out of it.

We're waiting to find out, but we are being told the EFL will cut their admin costs to the absolute minimum, so expecting £9+

This currently (apart for season ticket money) is the only income on the "horizen"

Twenty Eight 21-09-2020 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1231152)
I couldn't get to the match today so paid my £2.50 for live commentary. I'm not impressed.

There's no mention of MK Dons' players names, just 'defender' or 'keeper'. Most references to play are to left-hand or right-hand side without having told us which way we're playing so it's frustrating when the commentator then talks about 'near side' and it becomes impossible to picture what's happening on the field.

There are breaks in the commentary every 20 seconds or so and the commentary is around a minute behind BBC's Final Score. So when the commentator is talking of a Stanley attack, you already know that the opposition are about to score.

Could do (much) better...

Were you picking up the commentary from another game mate ? MK Dons ?

Twenty Eight 21-09-2020 10:27

And before I get accused of owt its a genuine question.
I struggled to lose Luton v Derby commentary whilst watching Accy.

andyd 21-09-2020 10:38

I,m no technology wizard but I don't seem to be having any problems maybe luck or it could be down to where your laptop, phone, tablet or whatever is located to your wi-fi or broadband signal.

MikeA 21-09-2020 11:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1244893)
Were you picking up the commentary from another game mate ? MK Dons ?

That post was from August 2019. Thankfully, Dan and Sean are in a completely different class. :)

Twenty Eight 21-09-2020 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1244897)
That post was from August 2019. Thankfully, Dan and Sean are in a completely different class. :)

OOOPS sorry mate.