Accrington Web

Accrington Web (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   iFollow and Stanley (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/ifollow-and-stanley-70700.html)

andyd 26-10-2020 14:42

Re: iFollow and Stanley
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1246148)
I do not like the 'under investigation' bit to be honest... hope it does not end up in us having to forfeit these games?? :(

:) :) :)

My original point about consistency things need to be crystal clear if the rules if there is any to follow in these circumstances don't break or abuse them should be ok, with this lot running the show don't hold your breath.

VALAIRIAN 26-10-2020 15:42

Re: iFollow and Stanley
 
Agreed mate :)

Twenty Eight 26-10-2020 17:17

Re: iFollow and Stanley
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1246068)
Andy Holt reckons we have made £18540 revenue so far would have with fans the 4 home games would have been £180000. If the season continues in the same vein and is not helped financially Stanley looking at £500000+ loss with a rough reckoning.

Surely there are other savings though ? Security, match day staffing etc ?
Also what about the season ticket revenue that hasn't been returned ?
I'm not an accountant and not good with figures maybe someone can clarify.

andyd 26-10-2020 17:30

Re: iFollow and Stanley
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1246151)
Surely there are other savings though ? Security, match day staffing etc ?
Also what about the season ticket revenue that hasn't been returned ?
I'm not an accountant and not good with figures maybe someone can clarify.

Not one myself but I dread if the season lasts that long drawing Man Utd at Old Trafford in the 3rd of FA cup doesn't even bear thinking about that potential earner or lack of.

VALAIRIAN 26-10-2020 17:42

Re: iFollow and Stanley
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1246152)
Not one myself but I dread if the season lasts that long drawing Man Utd at Old Trafford in the 3rd of FA cup doesn't even bear thinking about that potential earner or lack of.

IF and it is a BIG IF, we were to draw M** U** away, at least we could sell tickets for the game :rofl38: :rofl38: :rofl38: :rofl38: :rofl38:

I will say it, before somebody else does ;)

:) :) :)

Mr T 26-10-2020 18:12

Re: iFollow and Stanley
 
All very complicated and still no atcual "rules" as this is all "brand new" and everything is on a "case by case" basis.

Clubs who ask for suspensions will need to show how many issues they have; what might not have been done just right and how to improve going forward.

As always its rather confusing and stressful !!:(

andyd 26-10-2020 18:34

Re: iFollow and Stanley
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 1246154)
All very complicated and still no atcual "rules" as this is all "brand new" and everything is on a "case by case" basis.

Clubs who ask for suspensions will need to show how many issues they have; what might not have been done just right and how to improve going forward.

As always its rather confusing and stressful !!:(

Must be a nightmare Mark good luck to everyone involved in the employment of football your going to need it hopefully not but will probably get worse before it finally gets better.

monkey hanger 27-10-2020 10:03

Re: iFollow and Stanley
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1246148)
I do not like the 'under investigation' bit to be honest... hope it does not end up in us having to forfeit these games?? :(

:) :) :)

plenty of other games have been postponed but when stanley are concerned its under investigation. if they want to investigate someone then get the FA to investigate barnet. 1 case and they call off a home game v top of the league hartlepool. a week later with 4 or 7 cases, depending which source you read, they manage to play a really winnable fa cup game to get the money.

andyd 28-10-2020 08:52

Re: iFollow and Stanley
 
Apparently there was a load of issues especially concerning league 2 games last night with IFollow EFL has issued an apology this morning urging fans to use the IFollow on line live chat service to seek refunds etc:- good luck with that one. A lot of fans from various clubs saying service isn't fit for purpose and an alternative should be found maybe not that straight forward.

Lost in Cornwall 28-10-2020 09:19

Re: iFollow and Stanley
 
All games in the EFL that are being postponed because of Covid are being investigated. It's not just happening to Stanley. Can't speak for Barnet though as they're no longer in the league.

andyd 28-10-2020 21:22

Re: iFollow and Stanley
 
Germany to stop fans from attending games again due to rising cases of Covid their, not good to hear doesn't look likely we'll be going back anytime soon.

monkey hanger 29-10-2020 09:26

Re: iFollow and Stanley
 
anyone know if the tranmere cup game will be streamed or being a cup game does someone own the rights for transmission.

MikeA 29-10-2020 09:43

Re: iFollow and Stanley
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1246226)
anyone know if the tranmere cup game will be streamed or being a cup game does someone own the rights for transmission.

Not looking hopeful. I found this on the EFL website:
https://www.efl.com/broadcast-schedule/ that includes:
'Please note: Carabao Cup Round One - Four (excluding those involving a Premier League club) and Papa Johnís Trophy matches are now available on iFollow (excluding those selected for broadcast) but there will be no The FA Cup matches available to watch on the service.'

andyd 29-10-2020 10:09

Re: iFollow and Stanley
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1246230)
Not looking hopeful. I found this on the EFL website:
https://www.efl.com/broadcast-schedule/ that includes:
'Please note: Carabao Cup Round One - Four (excluding those involving a Premier League club) and Papa John’s Trophy matches are now available on iFollow (excluding those selected for broadcast) but there will be no The FA Cup matches available to watch on the service.'

More great news then so Barrow away on the 10th will be the next a full 3 weeks without a game to watch, hindsight is easy and not blaming any clubs but we all were led to believe there would be a gradual return of fans so at all clubs big response on season ticket sales. If everyone knew what they know now would the uptake as been as good, reading various fans forums and Facebook and Twitter sites I would say no.

monkey hanger 29-10-2020 11:44

Re: iFollow and Stanley
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1246231)
More great news then so Barrow away on the 10th will be the next a full 3 weeks without a game to watch, hindsight is easy and not blaming any clubs but we all were led to believe there would be a gradual return of fans so at all clubs big response on season ticket sales. If everyone knew what they know now would the uptake as been as good, reading various fans forums and Facebook and Twitter sites I would say no.

plus we were told that live streaming was brought in for fans being banned from games. its not ideal but better than nothing which seems to be the case for the FA Cup. just wonder if its the BBC again who own the rights for television blocking streaming whilst other companies who own the rights for the other competitions are not. if thats the case then football fans should join any defund the BBC organisations.


All times are GMT. The time now is 13:01.


© 2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com

Page generated in 0.07910 seconds with 8 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1