Accrington Web

Accrington Web (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   iFollow and Stanley (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/ifollow-and-stanley-70700.html)

Crown Grounder 19-08-2019 11:58

iFollow and Stanley
 
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. Does anyone know if we are now signed up to iFollow and have access to watch any games - home or away - when unable to attend games in person.

There is a link on the website, but when I follow it it says something like "packages will be available here - please check back soon".

I've been checking since the season started but nothing has been added to this page?

accybeme 19-08-2019 13:06

Re: iFollow and Stanley
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1230576)
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. Does anyone know if we are now signed up to iFollow and have access to watch any games - home or away - when unable to attend games in person.

There is a link on the website, but when I follow it it says something like "packages will be available here - please check back soon".

I've been checking since the season started but nothing has been added to this page?

as far as I know Andy Holt is not allowing Stanley to sign upto ifollow

Crown Grounder 19-08-2019 14:25

Re: iFollow and Stanley
 
Thanks for that accybeme. I thought that was the case last season but then saw the statement on the ifollow page on the Stanley website. It would make sense to me from a supporter (customer) point of view to make that clear when I clicked on the website link to ifollow.....:confused:

stanleyhouse 19-08-2019 17:04

Re: iFollow and Stanley
 
We are signing up to I-follow. That is why we have a new compatible website.
Ifollow will be up and running soon.
(for overseas viewers and for midweek matches I think)

accybeme 19-08-2019 17:39

Re: iFollow and Stanley
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by stanleyhouse (Post 1230585)
We are signing up to I-follow. That is why we have a new compatible website.
Ifollow will be up and running soon.
(for overseas viewers and for midweek matches I think)

thanks for the info Robert, the last I read Andy was dead against signing up to ifollow. question what will be available on ifollow i.e. would you be able to watch away matches from within the uk

MikeA 19-08-2019 19:25

Re: iFollow and Stanley
 
There's a good overview of iFollow here:
https://www.theguardian.com/football...ootball-league

Crown Grounder 20-08-2019 08:22

Re: iFollow and Stanley
 
Many thanks to you all for your replies.

dabeast 20-08-2019 10:07

Re: iFollow and Stanley
 
From what I've seen on Twitter, Andy has been forced to agree to ifollow/the new website setup or face a £30k 'penalty' - though not sure who would penalise us?

Exile on Spencer St 20-08-2019 11:10

Re: iFollow and Stanley
 
On the EFL’s website it lists those clubs not signed up to iFollow and says this:
“We are therefore unable to provide subscriptions to fans of Birmingham City, Bristol City, Cardiff City, Charlton Athletic, Derby County, Forest Green Rovers, Fulham, Hull City, Leeds United, Leyton Orient, Middlesbrough, QPR, Salford City, Stoke City, Sunderland, Swansea City and Wigan Athletic.”
So are all these other clubs to be fined?

cashman 20-08-2019 11:38

Re: iFollow and Stanley
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1230619)
On the EFL’s website it lists those clubs not signed up to iFollow and says this:
“We are therefore unable to provide subscriptions to fans of Birmingham City, Bristol City, Cardiff City, Charlton Athletic, Derby County, Forest Green Rovers, Fulham, Hull City, Leeds United, Leyton Orient, Middlesbrough, QPR, Salford City, Stoke City, Sunderland, Swansea City and Wigan Athletic.”
So are all these other clubs to be fined?

probably Not, andy tells em the truth, they wont like that.

VALAIRIAN 21-08-2019 09:49

Re: iFollow and Stanley
 
Not 100% on this, but I have been told that the 'fine' would be the fact that we would not receive the monies......

Somebody might clarify...


:) :) :)

Spartacus2nd 22-08-2019 09:45

Re: iFollow and Stanley
 
Yes, there would be monies witheld from the tv and broadcasting revenue

DAV007 26-08-2019 03:45

Re: iFollow and Stanley
 
Doesn’t help Ifollow like the other major sports channels is widely available on illegal servers, further reducing revenue.
Compared to sky sports and BT Sport, the revenue Stanley will lose is pennies but it’s still a loss as no doubt there will be home and away fans who will be watching illegal streams with no funds going to the club via ifollow .

On a wider point, it will be interesting when clubs begin to offer there own home matches direct to fans without the need for a 3rd party aka Ifollow and the EFL taking a large cut of the profits.
Ifollow only offer a centralised market place website and payment procedure; clubs like Stanley could easily emulate if there was enough interest and no nasty EFL regulation stopping them. Costs of infrastructure around streaming games is continuing to get cheaper.

Chewbacca 26-08-2019 09:54

Re: iFollow and Stanley
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1230856)
Doesn’t help Ifollow like the other major sports channels is widely available on illegal servers, further reducing revenue.
Compared to sky sports and BT Sport, the revenue Stanley will lose is pennies but it’s still a loss as no doubt there will be home and away fans who will be watching illegal streams with no funds going to the club via ifollow .

On a wider point, it will be interesting when clubs begin to offer there own home matches direct to fans without the need for a 3rd party aka Ifollow and the EFL taking a large cut of the profits.
Ifollow only offer a centralised market place website and payment procedure; clubs like Stanley could easily emulate if there was enough interest and no nasty EFL regulation stopping them. Costs of infrastructure around streaming games is continuing to get cheaper.


Clubs get their own TV money then Stanely die.

mab 26-08-2019 22:15

Re: iFollow and Stanley
 
:) iFollow Stanley is now live and will allow #asfc supporters to follow the action with live audio commentary and video streaming.
The first game to be streamed will be this Saturday’s fixture with
@MKDonsFC :)
.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:40.


© 2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com

Page generated in 0.07730 seconds with 8 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1