Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Fleetwood Match Thread EFL Trophy (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/fleetwood-match-thread-efl-trophy-70716.html)

DAV007 01-09-2019 22:30

Fleetwood Match Thread EFL Trophy

A must win game as the EFL trophy is likely to be the best chance of silverware and a trip to Wembley is on offer plus the additional tv money and prize money.

Based on Liverpool’s u23s still having a strong squad (May change tomorrow with deadline day) , Fleetwood could be the easier of the 2 home games.

mab 01-09-2019 22:42

Re: Fleetwood Match Thread EFL Trophy

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1231221)
A must win game as the EFL trophy is likely to be the best chance of silverware and a trip to Wembley is on offer plus the additional tv money and prize money.

Based on Liverpool’s u23s still having a strong squad (May change tomorrow with deadline day) , Fleetwood could be the easier of the 2 home games.

It's Liverpool Under-21s Dave ! We also have Oldham away to come which hopefully is a win for the reds :)

DAV007 01-09-2019 22:52

Sorry U21s although they have very few players over 21 in the u23s squad (if that makes sense!).

cashman 02-09-2019 08:09

i just want our own back on yon lot.

cashman 02-09-2019 12:59

to me dav is 100% right with this it is our only realistic chance of getting to wembley, i just hope with folk, that penny drops and we get more attending i'm sure those that cant be bothered will be if it was a wembley trip,

AccyMad 02-09-2019 14:09

Not a case of not being bothered Cashy, I've voiced my feelings about this competition before & they haven't changed. Always attended these games in the old format but once the under 21's teams from the 'big boys' were invited in, sorry but I didn't agree with it & still don't.
And, if we did get to Wembley in this competition it would be so hard but I would not go on principal

StanleyJosh 02-09-2019 15:05

Agree with your sentiments AccyMad - I must admit I am a fan of the competition, I was dubious about the U23 teams, however Jimmy Bell said to me it helps him and Coley with loan targets from Prem Teams as they can view them playing mens football.
Make sense I guess

cashman 02-09-2019 15:58

i dont really like it either Di, but if sir andy says its good for stanley that will do for me.:)

AccyMad 02-09-2019 16:47

He can't really say anything else Cashy or there'd probably be repurcussions - each to their own but personally as they say on Dragons Den, "I'm out"

Wynonie Harris 03-09-2019 09:04

Andy, Coley and Jimmy are all for it. That's good enough for me. Looking forward to it.

Crown Grounder 03-09-2019 14:07

Are tickets available on the night?

Mr T 03-09-2019 14:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1231296)
Are tickets available on the night?

They certainly are folks !!

Wynonie Harris 03-09-2019 14:40

"I like this competition, I like competing and I like winning games of football." - John Coleman. He can't make it clearer than that, so get yerself along! A real bargain at a fiver!

AccyMad 03-09-2019 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 1231300)
"I like this competition, I like competing and I like winning games of football." - John Coleman. He can't make it clearer than that, so get yerself along! A real bargain at a fiver!

To be fair Wynonie, Coley has also said he's competitive at everything - even a game of tiddlywinks & I wouldn't pay to watch him play that :D

ferret man 03-09-2019 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1231307)
To be fair Wynonie, Coley has also said he's competitive at everything - even a game of tiddlywinks & I wouldn't pay to watch him play that :D

Would you not like to see him tiddle his winky