Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Window (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/window-70854.html)

Inspector Morse 15-12-2019 13:28

Window

Any word who's staying in Jan ? Please someone tell me Bursik and Opoku are staying.

cashman 15-12-2019 14:43

Re: Window

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Morse (Post 1234549)
Any word who's staying in Jan ? Please someone tell me Bursik and Opoku are staying.

thats nowt to do with us i think, up to their clubs, hope we can keep both while end of season. it looks like we will lose clarky, though.:eek:

Mr T 15-12-2019 23:49

Bursik is on a season long loan; he can only be re called if Stoke have a buyer for him; aka Conor Ripley
Others are work in progress, but parent clubs like their lads to be happy and getting "game time"

cashman 16-12-2019 10:52

thats good the Bursik one, hope the others we are working on bear fruit.

MikeA 16-12-2019 11:11

Opoku's loan was till January:
https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...r/opoku-signs/

But see what Andy says:
https://twitter.com/AndyhHolt/status...19920100106240

Twenty Eight 16-12-2019 11:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1234553)
thats nowt to do with us i think, up to their clubs, hope we can keep both while end of season. it looks like we will lose clarky, though.:eek:

He's under contract until the end of the season so wont be going anywhere unless there's a bid.

Spartacus2nd 17-12-2019 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1234572)
He's under contract until the end of the season so wont be going anywhere unless there's a bid.

Thats the question isnt it 28? Will we stop up without him so would accept say 50k or lose him for nowt in june?

VALAIRIAN 17-12-2019 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd (Post 1234590)
Thats the question isnt it 28? Will we stop up without him so would accept say 50k or lose him for nowt in june?

We will stay up, with or without him :)

I would take money for anybody who does not want to be at our Club.....

:) :) :)

Twenty Eight 17-12-2019 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1234591)
We will stay up, with or without him :)

I would take money for anybody who does not want to be at our Club.....

That's a rather dangerous suggestion my friend.
Have you ever considered he may want to stay but the club cannot satisfy his worth ?
He is an employee and a very loyal young man.
However I cannot think of many players who would not move on if opportunities arose that offered a significant enhancement to personal terms.
That's life.
Remember it was the club that put him on the transfer list in the last window, he didn't ask for a move.

accybeme 17-12-2019 19:06

Aji Alese & Jerome Opoku two great full backs but both have loans that end in january

cashman 17-12-2019 19:08

i also think we will stay up this time, if clarky was to go, he will be missed, but yeh can say that about quite a few that have gone.J.C. does have some good qualities.

Inspector Morse 18-12-2019 09:43

If Jordan Clarke does go can we get Piero Back?

NB. No wish for Jordan Clarke to go.

monkey hanger 18-12-2019 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd (Post 1234590)

think he,d be fine without him regarding staying up. if there is a problem with him then its certainly sense to cash in now rather than another player leaving for nowt in the summer.

StanleyJosh 18-12-2019 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Morse (Post 1234612)

Definitely not. He wouldn't come back due to personal circumstances now, he's playing little football at Boreham Wood now. Other business opportunities are his priority now.

StanleyJosh 18-12-2019 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1234614)
think he,d be fine without him regarding staying up. if there is a problem with him then its certainly sense to cash in now rather than another player leaving for nowt in the summer.

Diagree. 50k for him in January or nothing in summer.
I'd rather keep him.
Leasing.com trophy - how far can we get - he'll want to put himself in shop window.

Regardless of how good a player I think he is or isn't, you cannot for one moment fault his commitment or attitude. He is simply someone who absolutely loves playing football. Wherever/Whoever that is for I don't think has ever been an issue.

Spartacus2nd 18-12-2019 20:34

Neither Crooks nor Windass pulled up any trees after they had agreed their moves to Glasga ... and barely played together ever again. If Jordan sorts a move early (as hes entitled to) then id take the money for an early move (if offered). Not only can the cash be of use but we would save on 6 months wages as well.

Love the player though, possibly the most talented player weve had in terms of ball control and dribbling

Inspector Morse 18-12-2019 22:06

To be fair Windass was pretty damned good when he came back from his op plus contributed 6 goals in last 10 games.

Crooks appeared to be committed after his move. he did knack himself in digging us back into the Plymouth game when all hope appeared lost.

andyd 19-12-2019 08:26

Stoke City looking to reduce their massive wage bill in January keeper Butland one of those they will try and move on could affect Bursik,s loan.

MikeA 19-12-2019 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1234634)
Stoke City looking to reduce their massive wage bill in January keeper Butland one of those they will try and move on could affect Bursik,s loan.

There's this as well:
https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/spor...bursik-3654484

cashman 19-12-2019 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1234635)

that looks ominous to me.:eek:

Spartacus2nd 19-12-2019 13:24

Its a big if, but IF, we are in a position to gamble and break our wage budget Id do it with Bursik. As an England keeper he'll be in the radar for a lot of clubs - and Celtic have previous for buying top English keepers (Fraser Forster).

Celtic can offer far more than we can in terms of prestige and wages, but we can offer the next 2 years of 1st team football. A gamble here would reap a 7 figure transfer fee plus 20% of a larger fee further down the line. Celtic will buy him and sell him for £20m when he gets into the senior England squad

Mr T 19-12-2019 16:14

Why would we have to "break the bank" to get Joe to stay ?

He's on a season long loan and we are paying full contribution to his wages unless he's away with the u20's.

As of yet we've never a loan fee, which was requested by 4 clubs last January.

Twenty Eight 19-12-2019 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Morse (Post 1234612)

What is wrong with you ?
Why keep looking backwards look forwards.
Piero might be a nice guy but he is nowhere near League One standard.

MikeA 02-01-2020 10:33

A Wolves site's view on Diallo's loan:
https://wolves.vitalfootball.co.uk/o...ves-youngster/

Despite what it says, he was named on the bench yesterday.

monkey hanger 02-01-2020 10:45

[QUOTE=Twenty Eight;1234651]What is wrong with you ?
Why keep looking backwards look forwards.

its a problem lots of football fans have. lots of players are looked at with rose tinted glasses after they leave but when they were at the club the same player was given dogs abuse by them. remember getting a bit of stick on here regarding my comments about craig lindfield in the past after he left us.

StanleyJosh 02-01-2020 11:28

Josh March - young striker at Leamington Spa....
Forest Green Rovers have made a reported 25k bid for him....
Coley has been to watch him

DAV007 02-01-2020 21:06

Lee McEvilly still available on a free transfer, he might need until early April to get match fit

AccyMad 02-01-2020 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1235241)
Lee McEvilly still available on a free transfer, he might need until early April to get match fit

Early April you say - which year? :D

Exile on Spencer St 02-01-2020 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by accymad (Post 1235244)
early april you say - which year? :d

2004? ;)

DAV007 03-01-2020 05:22

Will Stanley need to wait until the end of Jan to see who is still available for loan?
That is the message coming out of Oldham , they won't be able to move until clubs are desperate to send players out and they can avoid a loan fee

Twenty Eight 03-01-2020 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1235210)

Josh the last thing we need up top is another gamble. I'd sooner spend 25k on extra wages for a free transfer experienced centre forward.

andyd 03-01-2020 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1235249)
Josh the last thing we need up top is another gamble. I'd sooner spend 25k on extra wages for a free transfer experienced centre forward.

Have we got the money for an experienced centre forward who knows maybe have to shed one or two.

cashman 03-01-2020 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1235250)
Have we got the money for an experienced centre forward who knows maybe have to shed one or two.

i doubt that very much, but dont reckon thats what was meant.?

MikeA 03-01-2020 09:33

Jerome is staying!
https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...ends-his-stay/ :)

That looks like 'ends'; it's really 'extends'!

cashman 03-01-2020 09:33

well opoku says hes staying until end of season, so thats a decent start to my day,:hothothot

MikeA 03-01-2020 12:15

Aji's staying too!
https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...end-ajis-loan/ :)

Again, for 'end' read 'extend'!

Exile on Spencer St 03-01-2020 14:28

Better news. Both lads look good prospects, so best of luck to them.

Twenty Eight 03-01-2020 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1235250)

I don't understand your comment.
There are strikers available for free.
What I'm saying is offer an extra £500 a week on our basic and get one in rather than pay a fee for another totally inexperienced player.
We're not in "one for the future" land anymore.
Need to start scoring goals from the off.
To shed players there needs to be interest in them.

andyd 03-01-2020 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1235272)
I don't understand your comment.
There are strikers available for free.
What I'm saying is offer an extra £500 a week on our basic and get one in rather than pay a fee for another totally inexperienced player.
We're not in "one for the future" land anymore.
Need to start scoring goals from the off.
To shed players there needs to be interest in them.

£500 on top of basic which probably isn't much won't get the striker your alluding to I meant offloading obviously someone has to be interested I ain't thick to allow a bit of leeway in the budget.

Twenty Eight 03-01-2020 18:14

It would. You’d be shocked how desperate out of contract players are to secure a deal.

ASFC1019 03-01-2020 18:21

Who are these strikers out of contract?

Mr T 03-01-2020 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASFC1019 (Post 1235278)
Who are these strikers out of contract?

What a great question

Lets have the names of these "top strikers" who will come to Accy within our budget, so Coley can go and watch them. If they are Free Agents lets get them in on Sunday for training

Reamer 04-01-2020 01:37

28, Why is it a 'dangerous suggestion' ??? Re Clark Please explain.
He may be a very loyal young man but if his opinion of his worth and the club's valuation are far apart then he's going to look elsewhwere - that's life, as you say and if that cannot be reconciled, better to sell if the right offer comes along. I would value him above 50k though, but certainly nowhere near the 1 million that Coley was, at one time, suggesting. On his day, he's a great player to have on your team but, for me, he's not consistent enough. He wouldn't be a massive loss, and with other players on the books with different skills, a successor can be found. Pritchard, for example, given the opportunities and automatic selection that Clark has had, could grow in confidence and become a very effective player.

DAV007 04-01-2020 07:08

Plenty of strikers available Mr T

https://www.thepfa.com/login?returnU...2Ftransferlist

Have no idea if they are any good!

VALAIRIAN 04-01-2020 08:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reamer (Post 1235294)
He may be a very loyal young man but if his opinion of his worth and the club's valuation are far apart then he's going to look elsewhwere - that's life, as you say and if that cannot be reconciled, better to sell if the right offer comes along. I would value him above 50k though, but certainly nowhere near the 1 million that Coley was, at one time, suggesting. On his day, he's a great player to have on your team but, for me, he's not consistent enough. He wouldn't be a massive loss, and with other players on the books with different skills, a successor can be found. Pritchard, for example, given the opportunities and automatic selection that Clark has had, could grow in confidence and become a very effective player.

Very well put :)

andyd 04-01-2020 09:10

Quote:

I have to agree with you about Clark and he has been inconsistent hence IMHO why no offers have been if there has been any not acceptable offer new contract or he goes with our thanks and good fortune.

Twenty Eight 04-01-2020 13:09

Well if the club's got to ask with its resources available I'm surprised.
No one used the words top striker.
Experienced was the word used.

Twenty Eight 04-01-2020 13:16

Quote:

My post was in response to Valarian who said
"I would take money for anybody who does not want to be at our Club....."
Show me any suggestion of Clark saying this.
That's what I meant by dangerous.
He cant't look elsewhere because he's under contract.
Well as of this month he can as his contract expires at the end of the season.
Given the recent injury to Sean I expect the club to hold him to the contract and he will then either be offered acceptable terms by the club or move on.

DAV007 04-01-2020 15:40

Apparently Mr Wesley now in the Stevenage dugout has told his entire squad they are all free to leave if they can find a club who wants them.

cashman 04-01-2020 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1235323)
Apparently Mr Wesley now in the Stevenage dugout has told his entire squad they are all free to leave if they can find a club who wants them.

pmsl.

AccyMad 04-01-2020 16:15

Not the first time Westley's pulled that stunt - if I were his players my reaction would be 'right back at ya Graham'

StanleyJosh 04-01-2020 18:52

Coley at Chester vs Guisley game today.
George Glendon is there, a nippy winger who came through Man City’s academy and made almost 50 appearances for them.
Few others Coley may be tracking, but he has watched Glendon (on loan from Carlisle) a few times

DAV007 04-01-2020 21:02

Wesley did well to get a point at home to Colchester especially as he lost a player to a red card early on.

He is struggling to bring players in until he can get some out.

Getting 1st team coach Alex Revell to re-register as a player shows his predicament

ASFC1019 04-01-2020 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1235306)
Well if the club's got to ask with its resources available I'm surprised.
No one used the words top striker.
Experienced was the word used.

And there’s generally a reason why these strikers are without a club.
Still yet to hear any names from yourself?? Or do you just criticise without offering suggestions?

Willie Miller 05-01-2020 01:52

Stanley’s policy is young hungry and ambitious. Anyone thinking we gonna be bringing in experienced players aint got the mantra of ASFC under Coley and Bell (and Holty)

Twenty Eight 05-01-2020 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1235332)
Coley at Chester vs Guisley game today.
George Glendon is there, a nippy winger who came through Man City’s academy and made almost 50 appearances for them.
Few others Coley may be tracking, but he has watched Glendon (on loan from Carlisle) a few times

Well on the basis that Coley had George on trial for three weeks pre season and rejected him (I was stunned by that by the way) I find that hard to swallow.
He even played for us A Trialist.

andyd 05-01-2020 13:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1235340)
Well on the basis that Coley had George on trial for three weeks pre season and rejected him (I was stunned by that by the way) I find that hard to swallow.
He even played for us A Trialist.

Do you know for certain he rejected him may have been wage demands, also could have been watching someone else maybe Ashanti for instance who knows for sure?

cashman 05-01-2020 13:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1235345)
Do you know for certain he rejected him may have been wage demands, also could have been watching someone else maybe Ashanti for instance who knows for sure?

well i have no idea, but if he was 3 week on trial and not kept on then surely he was rejected for whatever reason?

Twenty Eight 05-01-2020 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1235345)

Well he's not with us is he ? Nothing to do with his wages.
As for the alleged visit to Chester of course he could have been watching anyone but Josh isn't daft.

andyd 05-01-2020 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1235348)
Well he's not with us is he ? Nothing to do with his wages.
As for the alleged visit to Chester of course he could have been watching anyone but Josh isn't daft.

Never said he was daft but Coley usually plays his cards close to his chest could be looking at anyone anywhere Josh is just another rumor good for him if he is correct.

andyd 05-01-2020 18:45

Could be Bradley Jackson he was watching ex Burnley player right footed winger forward highly rated at Chester.

andyd 06-01-2020 08:49

Quote:

Could still happen as Forest Green have signed a centre forward on loan from Colchester.

andyd 06-01-2020 11:24

John Coleman has confirmed this morning he expects Jordan Clark to leave at the expire of his contract in the summer.

Twenty Eight 06-01-2020 13:29

Is there a link mate ? Nothing on fishy site or in his last statement.

cashman 06-01-2020 13:45

with S.M. being injured i reckon thats great move if correct.

Spartacus2nd 06-01-2020 14:14

In for wide men (plural), according to Dan Jewell

cashman 06-01-2020 14:17

yep he also confirmed to dan clarky would be free end of season.

Twenty Eight 06-01-2020 15:42

Yes we all know his contract is up at the end of the season.
However that doesn't preclude the club from offering him a new contract.
The inference here is that either there is no offer or the offer made is not enough.

andyd 06-01-2020 20:15

Quote:

Signed for Forest Green.

mab 06-01-2020 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1235382)
Is there a link mate ? Nothing on fishy site or in his last statement.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.u...crington-boss/

mab 06-01-2020 21:08

John Coleman an interested spectator at Chester FC win over Guiseley :) https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/spor...leman-17517953 :)

Twenty Eight 07-01-2020 13:10

Thanks mab.

andyd 08-01-2020 10:36

Just another rumor apparently George Hirst forward at Leicester on our radar.

andyd 08-01-2020 17:29

AFC Fylde have transfer listed Danny Rowe after he asked for a move.

Twenty Eight 08-01-2020 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1235449)

That would be a coup. Son of David Hirst. George was highly regarded at Hillsborough.

VALAIRIAN 08-01-2020 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1235449)

If he is half as good and successful as the last lad from there, I am all for it ;)

Spartacus2nd 09-01-2020 09:24

Danny Rowe should be the one. No idea what the numbers are but he's someone we've wanted before but his loyalty meant he didnt want to move on (or need). Now he wants to play at a (much) higher level. 27 years old so he has either a few good years left or still a resale value and hes the reigning Conference Player of the Year.

andyd 09-01-2020 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd (Post 1235474)
Danny Rowe should be the one. No idea what the numbers are but he's someone we've wanted before but his loyalty meant he didnt want to move on (or need). Now he wants to play at a (much) higher level. 27 years old so he has either a few good years left or still a resale value and hes the reigning Conference Player of the Year.

29 years old.

MikeA 09-01-2020 09:37

Quote:

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/s...est-1-10190380

Spartacus2nd 09-01-2020 10:14

Swap deal for Jordan? ��

andyd 09-01-2020 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd (Post 1235482)
Swap deal for Jordan? ��

Why would Jordan want that?

AccyMad 09-01-2020 10:34

Quote:

But would he come for what would most likely be a drop in wages as Sam did? I'd like to bet there's not too many who would

andyd 09-01-2020 11:07

Personally I think it could be late in the window for us this year as we already have a big squad unless a couple move out I presume Diallo has gone back to Wolverhampton nothing on web site, that free,s one place Phil Edwards could move on believe he at this stage of his career just want,s games so it will be guessing till the end but don't think there will be many in 1 maybe 2.

Twenty Eight 09-01-2020 12:09

Quote:

Swap deal for Jordan? ��

Ha hah haha !

Exile on Spencer St 09-01-2020 13:23

Quote:

Swap deal for Jordan? ��

Hang on, I’m sure Katie Price could offer something to Jim Bentley.:rolleyes:

AccyMad 09-01-2020 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1235489)
Personally I think it could be late in the window for us this year as we already have a big squad unless a couple move out I presume Diallo has gone back to Wolverhampton nothing on web site, that free,s one place Phil Edwards could move on believe he at this stage of his career just want,s games so it will be guessing till the end but don't think there will be many in 1 maybe 2.

On fishy site now that Diallo has had his loan extended till the end of the season too, good news

MikeA 09-01-2020 19:49

Quote:

Swap deal for Jordan? ��

Are people mixing up their Danny Rowes? There's a Danny Rowe (b1992) on Ipswich's books and a Danny Rowe (b1990) who plays for Fylde and has just been placed on the transfer list. I would guess that, of the two, it's the Fylde player who would interest Stanley, although the situation is further confused because Ipswich are reported to be after him!

ferret man 09-01-2020 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1235475)
29 years old.

Get him quick this guys ageing fast

monkey hanger 10-01-2020 10:32

not just ageing fast but looks older than 29. for me he does not look fully fit and seems to have more than his fair share of weight on him. no real pace either. let the tractor boys have him.

VALAIRIAN 10-01-2020 10:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1235526)
not just ageing fast but looks older than 29. for me he does not look fully fit and seems to have more than his fair share of weight on him. no real pace either. let the tractor boys have him.

Billy has all of those attributes in abundance......... just saying :)

Spartacus2nd 10-01-2020 11:58

Coley knows Jim Bentley well, and will get the inside info on him. Seems he couldve gone somewhere in the summer, but didnt, and his heart hasnt been in it this season

Tin Monkey 10-01-2020 14:50

Savin recalled from Stalybridge.

I wonder if that means we're losing a keeper?

cashman 10-01-2020 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tin Monkey (Post 1235530)
Savin recalled from Stalybridge.

I wonder if that means we're losing a keeper?

has the lad actually been playing for em? if so hows he done?

Exile on Spencer St 10-01-2020 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1235531)

He only went on December 30th!

VALAIRIAN 10-01-2020 16:46

Quote:

There you go mate :)

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...m-stalybridge/

Exile on Spencer St 10-01-2020 17:50

Quote:

I think he played in the 0-0 draw with Ashton on New Year’s day but not in the away 1-1 draw at Scarborough on 4 Jan (nor was he on bench for that game).
I hope his return is not because he’s injured.

Tommy McQueen 10-01-2020 18:38

On Staleybridge web site he has been recalled due to an injury to one of our goalkeepers.
Which one don’t know .

cashman 10-01-2020 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1235535)

ta joe had seen that on fishy, but no info about his appearences.

MikeA 10-01-2020 20:07

Toby leaving Stalybridge:
Stalybridge Celtic - Official Site - News

Alex Fojticek rejoining from Manchester United:
Stalybridge Celtic - Official Site - News

DaveinGermany 11-01-2020 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1235497)
Hang on, I’m sure Katie Price could offer something to Jim Bentley.:rolleyes:

Why not indeed, it's been offered to everyone else. ;)