Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Southend Utd match thread. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/southend-utd-match-thread-70912.html)

andyd 19-01-2020 09:02

Re: Southend Utd match thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1235906)
Not good enough.
not injured....don’t think we can terminate loan either unless Preston want to recall...

On yesterday, s showing neither are any of the front 2 or Zanzala.

yonmon 19-01-2020 09:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1235903)
Played ok first half, awful second.
I agree that the sub seemed strange.
Just didn’t click today, and probably no point over analysing it. One of those days.
I think we miss Sean though. Just gives more to the midfield than Pritchard does.

Agree Lord D !..Analysis over. Except !, Some fettling ( if that's the word ? ) urgently
required !!. .. and sooner than later ?. 😎

StanleyJosh 19-01-2020 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1235908)
On yesterday, s showing neither are any of the front 2 or Zanzala.

Charles was lively, Bishop wasn’t 100% but still battled well.
Not their best games admittedly, however I have been pleased with both this season given the circumstances.

Agree about Zanzala. Doesn’t offer anything.

VALAIRIAN 19-01-2020 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1235876)
Southend were poor, we were DIABOLICAL.

About right!!!!!!!!

:) :)

VALAIRIAN 19-01-2020 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1235903)
Played ok first half, awful second.
I agree that the sub seemed strange.
Just didn’t click today, and probably no point over analysing it. One of those days.

I think we miss Sean though. Just gives more to the midfield than Pritchard does.

Not just the midfield, but the team as a whole!

A complete lack of fight yesterday - in my opinion - and Sean gives us that...

I can accept the Ipswich defeat all season long, but a team at the bottom, with 1 win only and a very poor team at that, should not be beating us :(

:) :) :)

andyd 19-01-2020 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1235910)
Charles was lively, Bishop wasn’t 100% but still battled well.
Not their best games admittedly, however I have been pleased with both this season given the circumstances.

Agree about Zanzala. Doesn’t offer anything.

Yes but Zanzala gets picked Simpson doesn't he surely can't be worse Coleman said we should have been 7-1 up at half time but we weren't since winning league 2 we have constantly game after game missed chances that's not down to bad luck its down to **** poor finishing yet constantly same front lineup?

Revived Red 19-01-2020 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 1235883)
Much of this must emanate from the inept play and lack of leadership from the Team Captain who by his failings must have instilled a feeling of helplessness and a lowering of confidence in the other players. Any team looking for success must have a strong and enthusiastic leader, this was never in evidence this afternoon.
🤔🤔

Why did red rags and bulls come to mind when I read this?? ;););)

In my opinion, it was a huge mistake to take off Callum Johnson.

In my opinion, we can thank Josef Bursik for the defeat not being worse than it was.

In my opinion, it was bizarre to use the sprinklers before the game and at half-time (although it had no bearing on the result).

andyd 19-01-2020 11:04

I personally can't see were John Coleman thinks we played well first half we gifted the worst side apart from Bolton at the Wham this season the lead constantly straying loose passes about ok created chances against a poor side but constantly missed the target as usual bad play in my eyes as finishing is the most important part of the game, got a lot of games coming in a short period need to find our shooting boots or Southend and others could well overtake us.

cashman 19-01-2020 11:11

if our manager thinks well played first half, then i fear the likelyhood is we are knackered.:eek:

Simpson 19-01-2020 11:38

My mate HP ( a reliable sauce) told me last year that Sean is Coleman’s fixer on and off the pitch. For me his absence leaves a massive leadership gap, particularly if the captain is struggling to lead with his own performance.
If there were 4 battling to stay up we would be down, but with Bury and Bolton gone and Southend on the precipice, we have to rely on others not finding form.

DAV007 19-01-2020 11:41

The problem with yesterday's defeat is the opposition.
They are without doubt the worst team in the league
Far worse than Bolton
Playing 5 hours away from home

The usual reapknse of 'just enjoy the ride of little accy being in league 1' doesn't wash when you lose to a team who would struggle in league 2.

Yesterday's defeat and the manner of it MUST ring alarm bells for Coleman and Holt.
The team needs help, both new players in and poor players out.
Hopefully the impending 31st Jan transfer deadline will focus minds and help move along any transfers or loans.

On a side note, it hasn't helped the team for 2 consecutive seasons have bombed out of both main cup competitions
The FL trophy won't pay for the extra few wages that make the difference between a top half and bottom half finish.

Exile on Spencer St 19-01-2020 11:58

I agree with your comments, Davo, but don’t expect the January ‘window’ to solve things on its own.
As with other January ‘sales’, Stanley are like folk with little spare cash who turn up on the last day, rummaging around the empty shelves and broken boxes looking for that over-looked bargain that’s been marked down three or four times.

What’s just as concerning, if true, are comments elsewhere on here that Stanley are having to spend money on wages for on-loan players who are crocked, not good enough, or can’t be bothered to try.

VALAIRIAN 19-01-2020 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simpson (Post 1235917)
My mate HP ( a reliable sauce) told me last year that Sean is Coleman’s fixer on and off the pitch. For me his absence leaves a massive leadership gap, particularly if the captain is struggling to lead with his own performance.
If there were 4 battling to stay up we would be down, but with Bury and Bolton gone and Southend on the precipice, we have to rely on others not finding form.

In my opinion, over the last 2/3 seasons, we have had X3 leaders on the pitch, who between them, used their ability to score, stop and create goals to such good effect, we not only managed to stay in the Football League, but we also won it!!!!! :)

Not in any particular order:-

Billy Kee, we all know what Billy has done for us and how much of a miss he is!!

Sean McConville, love him or hate him, he is a massive loss for us and - we would have won yesterday, if he was playing!!

Mark Hughes, solid as a rock at the back and has always marshalled the defence....not the player he was......

To put the above in to context, if Salah had the troubles Billy has, Henderson was out for the rest of the season and Virgil had lost form and pace, would the 'other' reds be flying high????

Just my thoughts and opinions :)

:) :) :)

cashman 19-01-2020 12:53

theres a lot of sense in those thoughts to me joe. in fact the analysis of all 3 is correct.

Simpson 19-01-2020 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1235919)
I agree with your comments, Davo, but don’t expect the January ‘window’ to solve things on its own.
As with other January ‘sales’, Stanley are like folk with little spare cash who turn up on the last day, rummaging around the empty shelves and broken boxes looking for that over-looked bargain that’s been marked down three or four times.

What’s just as concerning, if true, are comments elsewhere on here that Stanley are having to spend money on wages for on-loan players who are crocked, not good enough, or can’t be bothered to try.

We did have money, we just spent it on 2 x 3 year deals for players I doubt we will see again this season and possibly ........

As for loaners, I don’t think we help ourselves, we don’t even house them in Lancashire from what I’m told.