Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Southend Utd match thread. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/southend-utd-match-thread-70912.html)

andyd 20-01-2020 15:56

Re: Southend Utd match thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1235966)
Got to agree there Cashy,for a big lad he has great balance and composure.
His parents and sister are deaf,so hes had a few hurdles to get over and its his birthday today i think !!!!
Attacking midfielder is his best position IMO

No coincidence he is driving the top of the table,s midfield.

Twenty Eight 20-01-2020 17:28

The biggest problem with Matty is that he is injury prone.
No doubting his ability.

Lord Didsbury 20-01-2020 20:00

I have to disagree about our midfield this season... clark, Finley, McConville are all top players and Conneely does ok. Weakened a lot now Sean is out.

I think our form is largely down to our chronic shooting ability. Would be interesting to know if they practice this hour after hour like you’d expect young players who want to improve would... I doubt it.

Twenty Eight 20-01-2020 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1235978)
I have to disagree about our midfield this season... clark, Finley, McConville are all top players and Conneely does ok. Weakened a lot now Sean is out.

I think our form is largely down to our chronic shooting ability. Would be interesting to know if they practice this hour after hour like you’d expect young players who want to improve would... I doubt it.

I’m sure they do practice regularly.
However we’ve two lads up there who have jumped several leagues.
It’s to be expected.
That’s why I stand by my statement made many many times we need experience.
Experience needs investment.
You make your choices and have to stick by them.

andyd 21-01-2020 06:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1235987)
I’m sure they do practice regularly.
However we’ve two lads up there who have jumped several leagues.
It’s to be expected.
That’s why I stand by my statement made many many times we need experience.
Experience needs investment.
You make your choices and have to stick by them.

How many times the money isn't there if we were to pay everyone Billy Kee,s salary as befits his experience from what I.m led to believe what is salary is on present budget of approximately£1,500,000 we could sign about 13 players.

andyd 21-01-2020 06:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1235995)
How many times the money isn't there if we were to pay everyone Billy Kee,s salary as befits his experience from what I.m led to believe what is salary is on present budget of approximately£1,500,000 we could sign about 13 players.

In fact according to figures just announced league 2 average wages £1700 a week so even back down there we would struggle as our budget would probably have to shrink get in the real Stanley world.

Twenty Eight 21-01-2020 10:44

Andy - it's getting boring now. No one is right, no one is wrong. The fact there's nothing there is what troubles me. We collected £2.3 mill from Jackson and Donacien and a paltry amount was invested in the team - mostly on facilities. Many agree with that - many don't. That's why I said you make your choices and have to stick by them.

Twenty Eight 21-01-2020 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1235995)

No one has said pay everyone ! If you cant see we're crying out for experience up front then so be it. Put the corporate development on hold and spend wisely and that would get you experience.
I know this opinion is very unpopular and I'm in the vast minority.

yonmon 21-01-2020 16:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1236005)
No one has said pay everyone ! If you cant see we're crying out for experience up front then so be it. Put the corporate development on hold and spend wisely and that would get you experience.
I know this opinion is very unpopular and I'm in the vast minority.

Not altogether Twenty Eight !. Like you say it's all a question of choice really. We can't ( well I cant anyway !) surmise what lies in the collective minds of the Chairman or the Manager to direct their decision making relating to the future of Accrington Stanley, But fan-wise I reckon that at this moment in time , we must choose between quietly hugging ourselves as we watch our little Stadium grow in stature and attractiveness and watching a mediocre to poor squad of players struggling to find the shape and effort to escape from potential relegation !.
That for me is an enigma which, as I sit in my seat amongst my friends in the Main Stand,is likely to face, and mildly trouble me until this season is played out !.
But being one of a placid and patient disposition I shall face it with my usual equanimity thinking that life in League 2 won't be that bad after all ! 🤔

ON STANLEY... ON TO GREATER THINGS !!

monkey hanger 23-01-2020 14:55

[QUOTE=yonmon;1236020][/B]

We can't ( well I cant anyway !) surmise what lies in the collective minds of the Chairman or the Manager to direct their decision making relating to the future of Accrington Stanley, But fan-wise I reckon that at this moment in time , we must choose between quietly hugging ourselves as we watch our little Stadium grow in stature and attractiveness and watching a mediocre to poor squad of players struggling to find the shape and effort to escape from potential relegation !.

honestly i think we will just about survive this season with possibly the lowest number of points gained by anyone who has. for me the majority of signings that have been made were the type of lads we would have picked up as a division 2 club. save dor a couple of exceptions for me we are a mid table division 2 side struggling a bit in div.1.

yonmon 23-01-2020 16:34

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1236135]
Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 1236020)
[/B]

We can't ( well I cant anyway !) surmise what lies in the collective minds of the Chairman or the Manager to direct their decision making relating to the future of Accrington Stanley, But fan-wise I reckon that at this moment in time , we must choose between quietly hugging ourselves as we watch our little Stadium grow in stature and attractiveness and watching a mediocre to poor squad of players struggling to find the shape and effort to escape from potential relegation !.

honestly i think we will just about survive this season with possibly the lowest number of points gained by anyone who has. for me the majority of signings that have been made were the type of lads we would have picked up as a division 2 club. save dor a couple of exceptions for me we are a mid table division 2 side struggling a bit in div.1.

A sad reflection MH ?, But possibly justified by virtue of current form ?.

Like me I am sure that you are thirsting for better things from The Reds, and hoping that these turn up soon !. 😎.

monkey hanger 24-01-2020 08:37

[QUOTE=yonmon;1236141]
Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1236135)

A sad reflection MH ?, But possibly justified by virtue of current form ?.

Like me I am sure that you are thirsting for better things from The Reds, and hoping that these turn up soon !. 😎.

head is always before heart for me on everything. been accused more than once on not having the latter. have not been for awhile due to illness but hope to make it back next tuesday night for stanley to continue in the same vein as my last game, portsmouth.