Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Southend Utd match thread. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/southend-utd-match-thread-70912.html)

Kiwi John 18-01-2020 02:17

Southend Utd match thread.

Feeling bored on a Saturday arvo down here so I couldn't help myself.:)

VALAIRIAN 18-01-2020 06:29

Re: Southend Utd match thread.

It is minus 3 over here mate, might not be so attractive a propospect :)

:) :) :)

yonmon 18-01-2020 08:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1235844)
It is minus 3 over here mate, might not be so attractive a propospect :)

No frost in Rishton Joe ! :alright: . Looking forward to this afternoon's game,
and to football played at ground-level on Buzzer's Billiard Table !..

See you there !. 😎

cashman 18-01-2020 08:53

no frost here, should be a good match, have a lot of time fer sol campbell saved macc from certain death,

Kiwi John 18-01-2020 14:13

$@&#*#&*%^*#*&*%&^#&*&^$@#$!!!! !!! Ffs

Kiwi John 18-01-2020 14:18

Yesss . -Dion. lovely jubly.

Kiwi John 18-01-2020 15:12

%$&^(*%^$*^&$*^%&^$!!!! Ffs !!!

Kiwi John 18-01-2020 15:16

C'mon STANLEY. On top in stats dept., turn them into goals.

Kiwi John 18-01-2020 16:01

Geezzzz. WTF is going on ? NOT HAPPY. ..and thats it for me starting matchday threads.

cashman 18-01-2020 16:23

Southend were poor, we were DIABOLICAL.

Outback Ozzy 18-01-2020 17:07

Just got back from the Wham and I have to say, we made Southend look good. Our shooting was woeful and our defending wasn't much better. Did not understand why the Professor took Johnson off for Zanzala, personally, i would have taken Charles or Bishop off, Southend were frightened to death of Johnson's runs down the right wing teaming up with Clicker. The penalty looked soft, but I will reserve judgement until i have seen it later. Carry on like this and League 2 beckons, OK still in the football league but we should and could have murdered Southend today, as has already been said, they were that poor, just is, we were worse! Forget Wembley, we won't beat Salford City on Tuesday night. P.S. where was Jerome Opoku?

cashman 18-01-2020 17:36

Distribution was very poor, why on earth for 90mins we persisted in lobbing the ball up front when it clearly was not working beats the hell outa me, for about 10mins of the game we played the ball low and we looked much better! are people thick or what? i really do wonder,

Twenty Eight 18-01-2020 17:51

Who are you accusing of being thick Cashman ? Be specific.

cashman 18-01-2020 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1235880)

when yeh learn to read whats been written yeh may just understand, i asked a question not accused.:rolleyes: is that specific enough?

yonmon 18-01-2020 18:21

This was a game which, with the chances created The Reds should have won with ease,
but somehow contrived to lose in a rather shambolic manner !.
The sad thing was that as the game progressed our team play grew steadily worse !..
So many basic errors were made and a lack of direction was plain for all to see.
Much of this must emanate from the inept play and lack of leadership from the Team Captain who by his failings must have instilled a feeling of helplessness and a lowering of confidence in the other players. Any team looking for success must have a strong and enthusiastic leader, this was never in evidence this afternoon.
It pains me to say this, but In summary, I witnessed a poor game of football produced by teams who at this moment must be the worst in Division 1 .

Quo Vadis Accrington Stanley ?. 🤔🤔

Twenty Eight 18-01-2020 18:21

I give up.

Twenty Eight 18-01-2020 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 1235883)
This was a game which, with the chances created The Reds should have won with ease,
but somehow contrived to lose in a rather shambolic manner !.
The sad thing was that as the game progressed our team play grew steadily worse !..
So many basic errors were made and a lack of direction was plain for all to see.
Much of this must emanate from the inept play and lack of leadership from the Team Captain who by his failings must have instilled a feeling of helplessness and a lowering of confidence in the other players. Any team looking for success must have a strong and enthusiastic leader, this was never in evidence this afternoon.
It pains me to say this, but In summary, I witnessed a poor game of football produced by teams who at this moment must be the worst in Division 1 .

Quo Vadis Accrington Stanley ?. 🤔🤔

How many chances did we miss first half Sir ?
Not an under estimation to say 6.
What has that got to do with our defensive midfielder and captain ?
Let me make it clear if there are brick bats to be thrown - and today there are several - then let’s cast them in all directions.

cashman 18-01-2020 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1235878)
Distribution was very poor, why on earth for 90mins we persisted in lobbing the ball up front when it clearly was not working beats the hell outa me, for about 10mins of the game we played the ball low and we looked much better! are people thick or what? i really do wonder,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1235880)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1235881)
when yeh learn to read whats been written yeh may just understand, i asked a question not accused.:rolleyes: is that specific enough?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1235884)
I give up.

if i couldnt read what had been written and understand it, i would probably give up myself.:rolleyes:

StanleyJosh 18-01-2020 18:55

strange squad selection today, Zanzala only attacking threat on the bench.
Even more strange no Carvalho/Sousa given Clicker only just back from injury.
Bishop struggled to get in the game today. Possibly still not 100% but needs must.
Harsh to criticise Seamus specifically, made to look worse than he was by some awful passing.
More than once he was passed the ball and the same player who gave it him shouted man on straight away. Why pass to someone marked??
Really, really lazy passes, Finley in particular.
Coley raves about Alese but harsh on lad playing LB.
I wish I could like Zanzala but every game he just looks like he has never played football before. He has neither strength nor pace. Would take a player like Colby or Dion over him any day of week.
3 strikers missing with Kee & CBR away, whilst Connor Simpson must be biggest mistake of season. 3 salaries being paid.

accybeme 18-01-2020 19:19

All in all a pretty poor show, poor passing was evident, too many chances missed, this is just football sometimes everything goes right & sometimes they don’t, but the desire to close the opposition down was sadly missing from many players today

yonmon 18-01-2020 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1235885)
How many chances did we miss first half Sir ?
Not an under estimation to say 6.
What has that got to do with our defensive midfielder and captain ?
Let me make it clear if there are brick bats to be thrown - and today there are several - then let’s cast them in all directions.

And let ME make it clear that amongst the strange exhibition of non-skills and lack of spirit and drive on show this afternoon from almost every player, the example given in the OPINION ( NB OPINION ! ) which I chose to share was for me one of the more important elements in all those which made for the defeat.

I could, as you probably could also, and suggest if i read your reply accurately, tabulate a list of the underachievments on show throughout the team, but this would I reckon be lengthy, boring , and non-productive,.
So again let me make it clear that this was me stating an OPINION, which I think is still permissible on our Forum, and not throwing a critique acerbeù, something which I would never do intentionally !.

Quo Vadis Accrington Stanley ??

DaveinGermany 18-01-2020 20:20

Do like your posts Yonnie, always got big words in you need a dictionary/thesaurus for. :D

cashman 18-01-2020 20:52

guess where i would like to throw one?

Exile on Spencer St 18-01-2020 21:18

Yes, Stanley created lots of chances today. Pity two of them were taken by Southend.
After the performance at Ipswich, this is relegation form and, as Mrs.Exile observed, the apparent arguing and bickering amongst some of the players bodes ill.

AccyMad 18-01-2020 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi John (Post 1235875)
Geezzzz. WTF is going on ? NOT HAPPY. ..and thats it for me starting matchday threads.

Well KJ, you've done it again mate but I must take some responsibility for today's debacle myself. I couldn't be there today & obviously this had a big impact on our team, I apologise profusely & promise not to miss another home game this season

yonmon 18-01-2020 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1235898)
Yes, Stanley created lots of chances today. Pity two of them were taken by Southend.
After the performance at Ipswich, this is relegation form and, as Mrs.Exile observed, the apparent arguing and bickering amongst some of the players bodes ill.

Thinking of 'relegation form ' Exile, Now that the gap between The Reds and Shrewsbury has extended to 5 points, are they not now firmly established as members of ' the bottom-seven club ? '
Some urgent repairs necessary methinks !.

( ps ... this is just my opinion !! . )

Lord Didsbury 19-01-2020 00:33

Played ok first half, awful second.
I agree that the sub seemed strange.
Just didn’t click today, and probably no point over analysing it. One of those days.
I think we miss Sean though. Just gives more to the midfield than Pritchard does.

DAV007 19-01-2020 07:22

What’s happened to Connnor Simpson?
Simply not good enough for this level of football?

StanleyJosh 19-01-2020 07:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1235905)
What’s happened to Connnor Simpson?
Simply not good enough for this level of football?

Not good enough.
not injured....don’t think we can terminate loan either unless Preston want to recall...

andyd 19-01-2020 08:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1235903)
Just didn’t click today, and probably no point over analysing it. One of those days.
I think we miss Sean though. Just gives more to the midfield than Pritchard does.

Pritchard is being played out of position should be where Finley is he was good damn awful yesterday as was most of the team only player who was anywhere near his normal game was hauled off and replaced by the awful Zanzala who I,m afraid goes worse with every appearance, agree Simpson never gets a look in pointless him being here send him back get someone else in.

andyd 19-01-2020 08:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1235906)
Not good enough.
not injured....don’t think we can terminate loan either unless Preston want to recall...

On yesterday, s showing neither are any of the front 2 or Zanzala.

yonmon 19-01-2020 08:10

Quote:

Agree Lord D !..Analysis over. Except !, Some fettling ( if that's the word ? ) urgently
required !!. .. and sooner than later ?. 😎

StanleyJosh 19-01-2020 08:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1235908)
On yesterday, s showing neither are any of the front 2 or Zanzala.

Charles was lively, Bishop wasn’t 100% but still battled well.
Not their best games admittedly, however I have been pleased with both this season given the circumstances.

Agree about Zanzala. Doesn’t offer anything.

VALAIRIAN 19-01-2020 09:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1235876)
Southend were poor, we were DIABOLICAL.

About right!!!!!!!!

:) :)

VALAIRIAN 19-01-2020 09:21

Quote:

Not just the midfield, but the team as a whole!

A complete lack of fight yesterday - in my opinion - and Sean gives us that...

I can accept the Ipswich defeat all season long, but a team at the bottom, with 1 win only and a very poor team at that, should not be beating us :(

andyd 19-01-2020 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1235910)
Charles was lively, Bishop wasn’t 100% but still battled well.
Not their best games admittedly, however I have been pleased with both this season given the circumstances.

Agree about Zanzala. Doesn’t offer anything.

Yes but Zanzala gets picked Simpson doesn't he surely can't be worse Coleman said we should have been 7-1 up at half time but we weren't since winning league 2 we have constantly game after game missed chances that's not down to bad luck its down to **** poor finishing yet constantly same front lineup?

Revived Red 19-01-2020 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 1235883)
🤔🤔

Why did red rags and bulls come to mind when I read this?? ;););)

In my opinion, it was a huge mistake to take off Callum Johnson.

In my opinion, we can thank Josef Bursik for the defeat not being worse than it was.

In my opinion, it was bizarre to use the sprinklers before the game and at half-time (although it had no bearing on the result).

andyd 19-01-2020 10:04

I personally can't see were John Coleman thinks we played well first half we gifted the worst side apart from Bolton at the Wham this season the lead constantly straying loose passes about ok created chances against a poor side but constantly missed the target as usual bad play in my eyes as finishing is the most important part of the game, got a lot of games coming in a short period need to find our shooting boots or Southend and others could well overtake us.

cashman 19-01-2020 10:11

if our manager thinks well played first half, then i fear the likelyhood is we are knackered.:eek:

Simpson 19-01-2020 10:38

My mate HP ( a reliable sauce) told me last year that Sean is Coleman’s fixer on and off the pitch. For me his absence leaves a massive leadership gap, particularly if the captain is struggling to lead with his own performance.
If there were 4 battling to stay up we would be down, but with Bury and Bolton gone and Southend on the precipice, we have to rely on others not finding form.

DAV007 19-01-2020 10:41

The problem with yesterday's defeat is the opposition.
They are without doubt the worst team in the league
Far worse than Bolton
Playing 5 hours away from home

The usual reapknse of 'just enjoy the ride of little accy being in league 1' doesn't wash when you lose to a team who would struggle in league 2.

Yesterday's defeat and the manner of it MUST ring alarm bells for Coleman and Holt.
The team needs help, both new players in and poor players out.
Hopefully the impending 31st Jan transfer deadline will focus minds and help move along any transfers or loans.

On a side note, it hasn't helped the team for 2 consecutive seasons have bombed out of both main cup competitions
The FL trophy won't pay for the extra few wages that make the difference between a top half and bottom half finish.

Exile on Spencer St 19-01-2020 10:58

I agree with your comments, Davo, but don’t expect the January ‘window’ to solve things on its own.
As with other January ‘sales’, Stanley are like folk with little spare cash who turn up on the last day, rummaging around the empty shelves and broken boxes looking for that over-looked bargain that’s been marked down three or four times.

What’s just as concerning, if true, are comments elsewhere on here that Stanley are having to spend money on wages for on-loan players who are crocked, not good enough, or can’t be bothered to try.

VALAIRIAN 19-01-2020 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simpson (Post 1235917)
My mate HP ( a reliable sauce) told me last year that Sean is Coleman’s fixer on and off the pitch. For me his absence leaves a massive leadership gap, particularly if the captain is struggling to lead with his own performance.
If there were 4 battling to stay up we would be down, but with Bury and Bolton gone and Southend on the precipice, we have to rely on others not finding form.

In my opinion, over the last 2/3 seasons, we have had X3 leaders on the pitch, who between them, used their ability to score, stop and create goals to such good effect, we not only managed to stay in the Football League, but we also won it!!!!! :)

Not in any particular order:-

Billy Kee, we all know what Billy has done for us and how much of a miss he is!!

Sean McConville, love him or hate him, he is a massive loss for us and - we would have won yesterday, if he was playing!!

Mark Hughes, solid as a rock at the back and has always marshalled the defence....not the player he was......

To put the above in to context, if Salah had the troubles Billy has, Henderson was out for the rest of the season and Virgil had lost form and pace, would the 'other' reds be flying high????

Just my thoughts and opinions :)

cashman 19-01-2020 11:53

theres a lot of sense in those thoughts to me joe. in fact the analysis of all 3 is correct.

Simpson 19-01-2020 12:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1235919)
I agree with your comments, Davo, but don’t expect the January ‘window’ to solve things on its own.
As with other January ‘sales’, Stanley are like folk with little spare cash who turn up on the last day, rummaging around the empty shelves and broken boxes looking for that over-looked bargain that’s been marked down three or four times.

What’s just as concerning, if true, are comments elsewhere on here that Stanley are having to spend money on wages for on-loan players who are crocked, not good enough, or can’t be bothered to try.

We did have money, we just spent it on 2 x 3 year deals for players I doubt we will see again this season and possibly ........

As for loaners, I don’t think we help ourselves, we don’t even house them in Lancashire from what I’m told.

Lord Stiffupperlip 19-01-2020 12:44

There was a grim inevitability that Southend, rock bottom of the League 2 form table, would somehow turn the tables on Stanley.
After last week's nightmare at Ipswich, we all assumed Coley's reading of the riot act would result in a determined effort on our part to achieve an easy 3 points. Oh cruel optimism!
Stanley started like a team of nervous strangers devoid of any confidence.
All that was required to win the game was for Southend to make fewer mistakes than Stanley - and so it proved.
Yesterday's game was lost due to a catalogue of individual errors. From Finlay's early gifted back pass resulting in their first goal, to Pritchard's clumsy tackle in the penalty box, to Bursik's unfortunate dive right instead of left, all 3 sealed our fate.
I lost count of the number of times the defence played out, only for the ball to return to Bursik's feet within seconds, as players panicked at the first sign of pressure & took the easy option - sideways, backwards, just get rid of it!
With the exception of Clicker, who at least knew where the opponents goal was, our forwards were woeful.
At the moment, Stanley have the aura of a team in free fall.
Credit to Southend for a battling performance & their spirited if undeserved victory.
They showed us how to to do it.

accybeme 19-01-2020 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip (Post 1235925)
There was a grim inevitability that Southend, rock bottom of the League 2 form table, would somehow turn the tables on Stanley.
After last week's nightmare at Ipswich, we all assumed Coley's reading of the riot act would result in a determined effort on our part to achieve an easy 3 points. Oh cruel optimism!
Stanley started like a team of nervous strangers devoid of any confidence.
All that was required to win the game was for Southend to make fewer mistakes than Stanley - and so it proved.
Yesterday's game was lost due to a catalogue of individual errors. From Finlay's early gifted back pass resulting in their first goal, to Pritchard's clumsy tackle in the penalty box, to Bursik's unfortunate dive right instead of left, all 3 sealed our fate.
I lost count of the number of times the defence played out, only for the ball to return to Bursik's feet within seconds, as players panicked at the first sign of pressure & took the easy option - sideways, backwards, just get rid of it!
With the exception of Clicker, who at least knew where the opponents goal was, our forwards were woeful.
At the moment, Stanley have the aura of a team in free fall.
Credit to Southend for a battling performance & their spirited if undeserved victory.
They showed us how to to do it.

could not have put it any better, Jordan was the heart & soul of every promising attack, dread to think of him being unavailable at the same time as Opoku & McConville , who were greatly missed

andyd 19-01-2020 15:17

Alese looks a good player but is never a left back Maguire on the bench plus Rodgers both full backs Phil Edwards sat behind me in the stand surely Alese would be better at centre half giving either Sykes or Hughes a break they haven't looked the best last few games and play a recognised full back strange also then taking off the other full back who was our best player. Then as time was running out Sykes was playing up front leaving 2at the back totally losing shape and a better side would have killed the game of not very good tactical nonce to me.

Exile on Spencer St 19-01-2020 15:25

I have wondered (maybe dreamed might more accurate) whether Okopu could be the attacking, strong mid-fielder that Stanley seem to lack.
Crooks fulfilled that role well, once everyone realised he wasn’t a forward (oh, Yeovil :eek:)
Opoku seems to like to push forward and can get past men with a mix of pace, physical presence, and sheer determination.
Finlay was poor yesterday and is too small to stamp himself on a game (as opposed to an opponent :eek:).
Conneely (who I thought wasn’t the worst player yesterday) isn’t attack minded.

Something needs to change because most clubs seem to have twigged that pressing Stanley in their own penalty area is the way to nullify them being able to build attacks.

StanleyJosh 19-01-2020 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1235913)
Yes but Zanzala gets picked Simpson doesn't he surely can't be worse Coleman said we should have been 7-1 up at half time but we weren't since winning league 2 we have constantly game after game missed chances that's not down to bad luck its down to **** poor finishing yet constantly same front lineup?

Simpson is worse. Every time I’ve seen him play he has been dreadful. Even when he scored vs Liverpool U23s it was a fluke as he fluffed it.

cashman 19-01-2020 15:38

i have also wondered that about opoku, surely its worth trying in training? he does go forward, also tends not to come back quickly. so worth a try i think. have to agree oer simpson i also think hes not up to the mark, by a fair way.

StanleyJosh 19-01-2020 15:42

Let’s not beat around the bush either.
Pritchard had one cleared off the line.
Conneelys shot was goal bound before Charles decided to head it.
Finley couldn’t get ball out of his feet quick enough when 1 on 1
Charles skying one over the stand
Pritchard must have been inches wide when he cut inside.

Anyone else want to say we didn’t dominate first half? And that’s whilst we couldn’t string a pass together.

Johnson seems to be the fall guy when we go 3 at the back.... personally I’d have played him as a winger with Clicker just behind the strikers instead of Charles when Zanzala came on.

Strikers ‘eyyy. How things might have been different if Billy & Courtney were available, with Bishop & Charles too.

Andy Scott scored with his first touch for Curzon Ashton yesterday as a sub.

Edwards,Sousa,Carvalho,Francis-Angol,Simpson not in squad.
Courtney & Sean out injured for a while. Dimi and Jerome hopefully short term.
Billy unavailable.

Lot of wages tied up there.

football19 19-01-2020 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1235928)
I have wondered (maybe dreamed might more accurate) whether Okopu could be the attacking, strong mid-fielder that Stanley seem to lack.
Crooks fulfilled that role well, once everyone realised he wasn’t a forward (oh, Yeovil :eek:)
Opoku seems to like to push forward and can get past men with a mix of pace, physical presence, and sheer determination.
Finlay was poor yesterday and is too small to stamp himself on a game (as opposed to an opponent :eek:).
Conneely (who I thought wasn’t the worst player yesterday) isn’t attack minded.

Something needs to change because most clubs seem to have twigged that pressing Stanley in their own penalty area is the way to nullify them being able to build attacks.

Exile
Think we missed a trick with Crooks.
Could have had him back in summer but I don’t think Coley fancied it.
Watched him a couple of times last season and he was great.
Seven goals this season suggests he’s carried on his good form.

andyd 19-01-2020 16:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1235929)
Simpson is worse. Every time I’ve seen him play he has been dreadful. Even when he scored vs Liverpool U23s it was a fluke as he fluffed it.

It was on target though and when on target anything can happen like a goal those yesterday couldn't hit a barn door so that argument doesn't wash with me good strikers hit the target more than miss it.

Exile on Spencer St 19-01-2020 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1235934)
Exile
Think we missed a trick with Crooks.
Could have had him back in summer but I don’t think Coley fancied it.
Watched him a couple of times last season and he was great.
Seven goals this season suggests he’s carried on his good form.

Jings, F19, that’s depressed me almost as much as the last two matches.

cashman 20-01-2020 11:29

same here,for my money Crooks was the best midfielder we had since being back in the league.

Inspector Morse 20-01-2020 14:44

Surprising to hear this. He was talked of highly at the John and Jimmy event just before Christmas.

yonmon 20-01-2020 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1235953)
same here,for my money Crooks was the best midfielder we had since being back in the league.

' Midfielders ? '.. hadnt noticed any of note at The Wham for sometime now !!.
although it seems that opposing teams always have a ' powerhouse ' of sorts !.
This, and it is purely my opinion, is where games are being lost... as was patently obvious in the Southend game . Where apart from missed chances and, whether we like it or not, although being part of a so-called inferior side, Southend's midfield were infinitely better than ours !.

Some 'fettling ' urgently required before tomorrow night ??.

andyd 20-01-2020 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 1235960)
' Midfielders ? '.. hadnt noticed any of note at The Wham for sometime now !!.
although it seems that opposing teams always have a ' powerhouse ' of sorts !.
This, and it is purely my opinion, is where games are being lost... as was patently obvious in the Southend game . Where apart from missed chances and, whether we like it or not, although being part of a so-called inferior side, Southend's midfield were infinitely better than ours !.

Some 'fettling ' urgently required before tomorrow night ??.

My opinion also I think our midfield is the worst since coming back into the league Barlaser was good last year would I.m led to believe had signed again but didn't want training on plastic again and personally can't blame him, back to our present midfield I think we need to maybe forsake a wide player especially now Sean is out and put a extra body in their I know this limits attacking threat but we aren't converting chances anyhow perhaps containing games might work.

football19 20-01-2020 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1235953)

Got to agree there Cashy,for a big lad he has great balance and composure.
His parents and sister are deaf,so hes had a few hurdles to get over and its his birthday today i think !!!!
Attacking midfielder is his best position IMO

andyd 20-01-2020 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1235966)
Got to agree there Cashy,for a big lad he has great balance and composure.
His parents and sister are deaf,so hes had a few hurdles to get over and its his birthday today i think !!!!
Attacking midfielder is his best position IMO

No coincidence he is driving the top of the table,s midfield.

Twenty Eight 20-01-2020 17:28

The biggest problem with Matty is that he is injury prone.
No doubting his ability.

Lord Didsbury 20-01-2020 20:00

I have to disagree about our midfield this season... clark, Finley, McConville are all top players and Conneely does ok. Weakened a lot now Sean is out.

I think our form is largely down to our chronic shooting ability. Would be interesting to know if they practice this hour after hour like you’d expect young players who want to improve would... I doubt it.

Twenty Eight 20-01-2020 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1235978)
I have to disagree about our midfield this season... clark, Finley, McConville are all top players and Conneely does ok. Weakened a lot now Sean is out.

I think our form is largely down to our chronic shooting ability. Would be interesting to know if they practice this hour after hour like you’d expect young players who want to improve would... I doubt it.

I’m sure they do practice regularly.
However we’ve two lads up there who have jumped several leagues.
It’s to be expected.
That’s why I stand by my statement made many many times we need experience.
Experience needs investment.
You make your choices and have to stick by them.

andyd 21-01-2020 06:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1235987)
I’m sure they do practice regularly.
However we’ve two lads up there who have jumped several leagues.
It’s to be expected.
That’s why I stand by my statement made many many times we need experience.
Experience needs investment.
You make your choices and have to stick by them.

How many times the money isn't there if we were to pay everyone Billy Kee,s salary as befits his experience from what I.m led to believe what is salary is on present budget of approximately£1,500,000 we could sign about 13 players.

andyd 21-01-2020 06:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1235995)
How many times the money isn't there if we were to pay everyone Billy Kee,s salary as befits his experience from what I.m led to believe what is salary is on present budget of approximately£1,500,000 we could sign about 13 players.

In fact according to figures just announced league 2 average wages £1700 a week so even back down there we would struggle as our budget would probably have to shrink get in the real Stanley world.

Twenty Eight 21-01-2020 10:44

Andy - it's getting boring now. No one is right, no one is wrong. The fact there's nothing there is what troubles me. We collected £2.3 mill from Jackson and Donacien and a paltry amount was invested in the team - mostly on facilities. Many agree with that - many don't. That's why I said you make your choices and have to stick by them.

Twenty Eight 21-01-2020 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1235995)

No one has said pay everyone ! If you cant see we're crying out for experience up front then so be it. Put the corporate development on hold and spend wisely and that would get you experience.
I know this opinion is very unpopular and I'm in the vast minority.

yonmon 21-01-2020 16:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1236005)
No one has said pay everyone ! If you cant see we're crying out for experience up front then so be it. Put the corporate development on hold and spend wisely and that would get you experience.
I know this opinion is very unpopular and I'm in the vast minority.

Not altogether Twenty Eight !. Like you say it's all a question of choice really. We can't ( well I cant anyway !) surmise what lies in the collective minds of the Chairman or the Manager to direct their decision making relating to the future of Accrington Stanley, But fan-wise I reckon that at this moment in time , we must choose between quietly hugging ourselves as we watch our little Stadium grow in stature and attractiveness and watching a mediocre to poor squad of players struggling to find the shape and effort to escape from potential relegation !.
That for me is an enigma which, as I sit in my seat amongst my friends in the Main Stand,is likely to face, and mildly trouble me until this season is played out !.
But being one of a placid and patient disposition I shall face it with my usual equanimity thinking that life in League 2 won't be that bad after all ! 🤔

ON STANLEY... ON TO GREATER THINGS !!

monkey hanger 23-01-2020 14:55

[QUOTE=yonmon;1236020][/B]

We can't ( well I cant anyway !) surmise what lies in the collective minds of the Chairman or the Manager to direct their decision making relating to the future of Accrington Stanley, But fan-wise I reckon that at this moment in time , we must choose between quietly hugging ourselves as we watch our little Stadium grow in stature and attractiveness and watching a mediocre to poor squad of players struggling to find the shape and effort to escape from potential relegation !.

honestly i think we will just about survive this season with possibly the lowest number of points gained by anyone who has. for me the majority of signings that have been made were the type of lads we would have picked up as a division 2 club. save dor a couple of exceptions for me we are a mid table division 2 side struggling a bit in div.1.

yonmon 23-01-2020 16:34

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1236135]
Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 1236020)
[/B]

We can't ( well I cant anyway !) surmise what lies in the collective minds of the Chairman or the Manager to direct their decision making relating to the future of Accrington Stanley, But fan-wise I reckon that at this moment in time , we must choose between quietly hugging ourselves as we watch our little Stadium grow in stature and attractiveness and watching a mediocre to poor squad of players struggling to find the shape and effort to escape from potential relegation !.

honestly i think we will just about survive this season with possibly the lowest number of points gained by anyone who has. for me the majority of signings that have been made were the type of lads we would have picked up as a division 2 club. save dor a couple of exceptions for me we are a mid table division 2 side struggling a bit in div.1.

A sad reflection MH ?, But possibly justified by virtue of current form ?.

Like me I am sure that you are thirsting for better things from The Reds, and hoping that these turn up soon !. 😎.

monkey hanger 24-01-2020 08:37

[QUOTE=yonmon;1236141]
Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1236135)

A sad reflection MH ?, But possibly justified by virtue of current form ?.

Like me I am sure that you are thirsting for better things from The Reds, and hoping that these turn up soon !. 😎.

head is always before heart for me on everything. been accused more than once on not having the latter. have not been for awhile due to illness but hope to make it back next tuesday night for stanley to continue in the same vein as my last game, portsmouth.