Accrington Web

Accrington Web (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Rotherham Utd ,Sad news (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/rotherham-utd-sad-news-71000.html)

mab 29-02-2020 17:45

Rotherham Utd ,Sad news
 
Very sad news https://www.themillers.co.uk/news/20...wilson-storey/ My Condolences and thoughts are with his Family and Friends R.I.P Andrew

cashman 29-02-2020 17:51

Re: Rotherham Utd ,Sad news
 
Deepest Sympathry to his Family and Friends R.I.P.

KiTChener 29-02-2020 18:26

Re: Rotherham Utd ,Sad news
 
Tragic, so young with young family also.

Condolences to loved ones & fellow supporters.

mab 06-03-2020 19:11

Re: Rotherham Utd ,Sad news
 
Minute's silence to be held ahead of tomorrow's game against Tranmere Rover's! https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...omorrows-game/

Lord Didsbury 06-03-2020 20:07

Re: Rotherham Utd ,Sad news
 
That makes no sense at all.
Must be loads of Stanley fans die every year but no minutes silence for them?

AccyMad 06-03-2020 21:20

Re: Rotherham Utd ,Sad news
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1237909)
That makes no sense at all.
Must be loads of Stanley fans die every year but no minutes silence for them?

I don't believe this, don't go overboard on the compassion will you! Where's your sense of decency?
And there have been minute silences held for many of our own supporters

Outback Ozzy 06-03-2020 21:26

Re: Rotherham Utd ,Sad news
 
Ah but Lord D, how many Stanley fans have died at a game? The minutes silence is for the Rotherham fan who collapsed and died later in the week whilst attending a game and also in memory of Keith Morton.

VALAIRIAN 07-03-2020 05:57

Re: Rotherham Utd ,Sad news
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mab (Post 1237906)
Minute's silence to be held ahead of tomorrow's game against Tranmere Rover's! https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...omorrows-game/

Nice move by the Club :)

Lord Didsbury 07-03-2020 07:01

Re: Rotherham Utd ,Sad news
 
It’s very nice of the club, of course, but surely we should have a minutes silence for EVERY season ticket holder that dies? And if you don’t share my view then I shall, of course, take the moral high ground and accuse you of a lack of compassion!

A Minutes silence is a war thing that’s ever more crept into our lives with no logic or pattern. Most times there’s a minutes silence I’m sure people just think “who was he?” Or “what am I supposed to be thinking about”.

We had more than one for the Manchester bomb. Tragic yes, but so are the hundreds of suicides of young people every year.

(I’m also dubious of the trend for cancelling sporting events for ever more spurious reasons of “respect”. And the demands of poppy nazis every November.

It can also be devisive. Don Revie, a true great of British football, did not get one (apart from Elland Road), which riled Leeds fans no end. Can’t remember whether thatcher got one but sure there would be highly charged views on that.

In my opinion they should be used only when something is meaningful and deeply felt by the people observing the silence. Otherwise they simply become less significant. We all read the papers and no doubt have our thoughts on tragedy as and when it happens.

Other people have different opinions, but doesn’t mean we shouldn’t question when these things are used.

andyd 07-03-2020 09:08

Re: Rotherham Utd ,Sad news
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1237931)
It’s very nice of the club, of course, but surely we should have a minutes silence for EVERY season ticket holder that dies? And if you don’t share my view then I shall, of course, take the moral high ground and accuse you of a lack of compassion!

A Minutes silence is a war thing that’s ever more crept into our lives with no logic or pattern. Most times there’s a minutes silence I’m sure people just think “who was he?” Or “what am I supposed to be thinking about”.

We had more than one for the Manchester bomb. Tragic yes, but so are the hundreds of suicides of young people every year.

(I’m also dubious of the trend for cancelling sporting events for ever more spurious reasons of “respect”. And the demands of poppy nazis every November.

It can also be devisive. Don Revie, a true great of British football, did not get one (apart from Elland Road), which riled Leeds fans no end. Can’t remember whether thatcher got one but sure there would be highly charged views on that.

In my opinion they should be used only when something is meaningful and deeply felt by the people observing the silence. Otherwise they simply become less significant. We all read the papers and no doubt have our thoughts on tragedy as and when it happens.

Other people have different opinions, but doesn’t mean we shouldn’t question when these things are used.

Turn up at two minutes past and you'll miss it sad.

Exile on Spencer St 07-03-2020 10:11

Re: Rotherham Utd ,Sad news
 
Will they add Harry Stevenson’s name to the list of ‘lost’ fans?
https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...rry-stevenson/
Very sad news, condolences to his family and friends.

cashman 07-03-2020 10:36

Re: Rotherham Utd ,Sad news
 
i would imagine so, harry was a top fella and lived for stanley,deepest sympathy to all family and friends, R.I.P.

andyd 07-03-2020 11:03

Re: Rotherham Utd ,Sad news
 
Sad news Harry sat right behind me hadn't been lately will be missed character condolences to all his family and friends.

AccyMad 07-03-2020 11:09

Re: Rotherham Utd ,Sad news
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1237948)
Will they add Harry Stevenson’s name to the list of ‘lost’ fans?
https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...rry-stevenson/
Very sad news, condolences to his family and friends.

They have, it's on the fishy site now

Willie Miller 08-03-2020 08:34

Re: Rotherham Utd ,Sad news
 
£500 raised for the family of Andrew Wilson Storey who died at the game and was only 42! Thanks for everyone who donated. Great club

The wife of Stanley legend Keith Morton was also looked after splendidly by our chairman and the club as she visited Stanley. RIP Keith, Andrew and Harry (sadly heard of Harry’s death after I’d made the 2 banners)


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:18.


© 2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com

Page generated in 0.08232 seconds with 8 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1