Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Resurrect the fight for survival thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/resurrect-the-fight-for-survival-thread-71026.html)

monkey hanger 11-03-2020 11:05

Re: Resurrect the fight for survival thread

[QUOTE=Twenty Eight;
It's plain as the nose on yer face what our problem is, has been, and potentially always will be.
That's life.[/QUOTE]

apart from lack of home fans is there any other problems we have.

KiTChener 11-03-2020 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1238109)
in the January window there were enough experienced forwards that could have been brought in admittedly at a cost - .

Don’t forget that, in January, we were paying two ‘no shows’ thick end of £4K a week, maybe that had a great impact on Coley’s budget, when it came to looking at potential signings?

Simpson 11-03-2020 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1238114)
might actually for me the post of the season and sums everything up. with injuries kicking in for key players survival will be more than luck than management. if stanley did go down with the present standard of player then i do think next season would be a long old season and could be similar to the ones yeovil and chesterfield had not that long ago. its worrying times i,m afraid.

Struggling to understand why this would be post of the season - it’s no different to the other dozen 28 has probably said since the initial transfer window closed.

Only now does it register for many of us. Too many punts on players with no league experience and then the likes of Grant is just a repeat of the “old boys” favour , similar to the one given to the lad that couldn’t run and joined Barton at Fleetwood last year .

andyd 12-03-2020 07:00

9 games left and we are on a bad run were as Tranmere are on a winning run, this is were experience counts Grant,s getting a lot of stick on here but as soon as he came on against Tranmere he launched a beauty of a pass into the box causing the own goal quick thinking and experience can cover a lack of movement in his older legs, Charles and Bishops lack of league experience showed against Tranmere constantly making it easy for defenders by being slow in their thinking on the ball, this isn't criticism of them they have done well but it's inexperience at this level and it shows.

monkey hanger 12-03-2020 08:51

[QUOTE=andyd;1238163] this is were experience counts Grant,s getting a lot of stick on here but as soon as he came on against Tranmere he launched a beauty of a pass into the box causing the own goal quick thinking and experience can cover a lack of movement in his older legs,

there are numerous players like him that have been around since the game was first played. think every side benefits from 1 player like that in the side. however players like him get the lazy tag put on them because they are not running around like headless chickens and good passes are more luck than management. same with akinfenwa and jon parkin type of centre forward. funny how much stick they get at the wham yet somehow always manage to cause havoc in our defence and score. mind you we still have zanzala so all cannot be that bad.

StanleyJosh 12-03-2020 09:09

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1238170]
Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1238163)
this is were experience counts Grant,s getting a lot of stick on here but as soon as he came on against Tranmere he launched a beauty of a pass into the box causing the own goal quick thinking and experience can cover a lack of movement in his older legs,

there are numerous players like him that have been around since the game was first played. think every side benefits from 1 player like that in the side. however players like him get the lazy tag put on them because they are not running around like headless chickens and good passes are more luck than management. same with akinfenwa and jon parkin type of centre forward. funny how much stick they get at the wham yet somehow always manage to cause havoc in our defence and score. mind you we still have zanzala so all cannot be that bad.

Experience off the pitch with the lads as well as on it.
Surprised at the comments towards Bobby, couple of appearances that I feel he has done well with in all, made an impact, scored a good goal......
Phil Edwards however....

Twenty Eight 12-03-2020 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiTChener (Post 1238154)
Don’t forget that, in January, we were paying two ‘no shows’ thick end of £4K a week, maybe that had a great impact on Coley’s budget, when it came to looking at potential signings?

We made signings in January. The lad from Wolves was in great demand from other cubs.
That means that there was a budget available.

Twenty Eight 12-03-2020 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1238173)
We made signings in January. The lad from Wolves was in great demand from other cubs.
That means that there was a budget available.

Cubs ? Wolves ? Sort your life out 28. CLUBS.

monkey hanger 12-03-2020 10:37

[QUOTE=Twenty Eight;1238173 The lad from Wolves was in great demand from other cubs.

thats the usual football speak though. might be correct, but when was the last time a signing hasn,t been made where the words of beating plenty of others off to sign a player has not been used. goes with the ones with potential or for the future.

Simpson 12-03-2020 11:25

Re my earlier post, there’s no particular pop at Grant, he’s entitled to take the opportunity if offered. What I’m trying to say is that our scouting could be much better, it has to be wider than scousers, Southport connection or older players who once played......

When they don’t fall within the above such as this seasons recruitment, they just seem to be no better bets than bets at Cheltenham or trying to catch a “falling knife” with the current stock market.
No doubt many can point to successes of the past and prove me wrong which is fine, but many of those will be in league 2 where you have a better chance of “winging it”.

League 1 finds you out. If we are to stay in league one and certainly next year when 4 teams go down then something needs to change.

As for “old heads” and dressing room etc, I don’t buy that at all, we have Seamus, Hughes and even Sean can play a part whilst injured. According to stats on One website I often refer to, Mangen made 3 league appearances and a total of 9 mins last year. That’s not good use of our money.

StanleyJosh 12-03-2020 12:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simpson (Post 1238178)
What I’m trying to say is that our scouting could be much better, it has to be wider than scousers, Southport connection or older players who once played......

Not many League 1 managers have to do the scouting as much as Coley.
The same scouting that has convinced the following to join....

Windass, Crooks, Pearson, Jackson, Janoi, Clicker, Ross Sykes....

Don't think they've done too bad considering.

Dav1d 12-03-2020 14:50

Andy holt has been sent this letter

https://twitter.com/andyhholt/status...852431872?s=21

pifco 12-03-2020 15:32

I am not surprised that Block C is starting to get on Mr. Holt's nerves I think that that is one of the most negative letters that I've ever read, the only positive is that Clicker is worth his weight in gold. At least on here where many of us have a moan there is usually some attempt suggesting an answer to the moans but obviously not with Block C oops! sorry I forgot all problems will be solved if beer is stopped being sold at £1 per pint.
I know many of us feel down at the moment but I don't think moaning at Mr. Holt is going to improve match results - what I do think is that without Mr. Holt it is quiet possible there would be no team to moan about.

Exile on Spencer St 12-03-2020 15:39

With current shortage of toilet rolls that letter, unlike a tweet, may at least come in handy.:rolleyes:

Twenty Eight 12-03-2020 16:02

He's not worth his weight in gold anymore. He's worth nothing because we will get nothing. Having said that he's performed admirably throughout his career with the club and I know right up until the last kick of the season he will be giving 100%.