Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Resurrect the fight for survival thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/resurrect-the-fight-for-survival-thread-71026.html)

AccyMad 12-03-2020 16:42

Re: Resurrect the fight for survival thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1238186)
He's not worth his weight in gold anymore. He's worth nothing because we will get nothing. Having said that he's performed admirably throughout his career with the club and I know right up until the last kick of the season he will be giving 100%.

Do you sit in Block C by any chance 28? :D

Simpson 12-03-2020 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1238181)
Not many League 1 managers have to do the scouting as much as Coley.
The same scouting that has convinced the following to join....

Windass, Crooks, Pearson, Jackson, Janoi, Clicker, Ross Sykes....

Don't think they've done too bad considering.

Enjoying the debate, but from my biased stance, are you not proving my point, apart from Ross (who still has a lot to learn) everyone of those you list was whilst in L2. I’m talking about being better when recruiting for league 1,

I can’t think of any that raise the standard above what we brought into this league and none have equalled in quality those we have lost in the last 2 seasons.

As for Jordan, scandalous that he is going on a free. Not as if the timeline of his contract and Bosman is a secret. Appreciate he will give 100%, but he also needs to look after his own interests and not get injured when moving on. Can’t have been fun as a senior player watching what we’ve brought in IMO.

StanleyJosh 12-03-2020 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simpson (Post 1238191)
Enjoying the debate, but from my biased stance, are you not proving my point, apart from Ross (who still has a lot to learn) everyone of those you list was whilst in L2. I’m talking about being better when recruiting for league 1,

I can’t think of any that raise the standard above what we brought into this league and none have equalled in quality those we have lost in the last 2 seasons.

As for Jordan, scandalous that he is going on a free. Not as if the timeline of his contract and Bosman is a secret. Appreciate he will give 100%, but he also needs to look after his own interests and not get injured when moving on. Can’t have been fun as a senior player watching what we’ve brought in IMO.

And all those players have/will play at a higher level.
Nothing stopping the lads we have signed also coming good. I’d say the lads from Non League have played better than those with higher level academy experience etc. I’d take colby and Dion over ozzy and benny any day of the week.

I’d say better at recruiting is beating championship clubs for a Premier League striker.
I’d say better at recruiting for signing a player who would be £800 a month better off in National League.
I’d say better off recruiting for signing Pritchard, who had a very, very tough decision at his age and his point of career where to go, especially with the Bolton fiasco.

I wouldn’t say it’s scandalous Clicker is leaving on a free.
He won’t sign a new contract. Completely different scenario to Crooks/Windass.
We transfer listed him in the summer.
No clubs came in for him for the price we wanted.
No clubs in Jan want to start a bidding war and let other teams know of interest, they’d rather convince him when free agent with wages facilities etc than pay over the odds for an extra 6 months.
Losing him for 50k in Jan, is it really worth it for that amount? No, him keeping us up would be worth much more than that.

cashman 12-03-2020 18:23

Stanley Josh is right! How is it scandulous if Clarky leaves on a free? considering no one came in for him when he was listed? thats the only way it can go now, myself i'm glad no-one did. rather have the lad until season end.

choirboy 12-03-2020 19:29

Blockhead C is simply wrong!:mad: True Stanley supporters have faith in Andy, John and Jimmy. They have all worked miracles in order to get Stanley where we are now! ........ in League One and in good financial order. I have even given in and registered on Twitter to express my support to Andy!
ON STANLEY ON:wave8:
KEEP THE FAITH
:theband:

Twenty Eight 12-03-2020 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1238190)
Do you sit in Block C by any chance 28? :D

Bit of a strange question but the truth is I don't know !
In the main I sit near to the dressing rooms and have made some good acquaintances over the years.
Also sat a few times over the other side.
Never stood up !
As an alien fan from the better side of the Pennines what this Block C nonsense ?

Twenty Eight 12-03-2020 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1238196)
Stanley Josh is right! How is it scandulous if Clarky leaves on a free? considering no one came in for him when he was listed? thats the only way it can go now, myself i'm glad no-one did. rather have the lad until season end.

There was loads of interest just not at the fee being demanded.
Im really pleased to see the positive comments from real fans about Jordan.
He will be on it until the last kick of the last match. He doesn't know any different.

Simpson 12-03-2020 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1238196)

Very happy to disagree on most points and leave it there.

Twenty Eight 12-03-2020 20:03

I get where Simpson is coming from .... I think.
Maybe he's referring to the fact his contract has been allowed to run down without an offer on the table to persuade him otherwise.
Back to the repetitive subject. Budget.

Twenty Eight 12-03-2020 20:09

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1238175][QUOTE=Twenty Eight;1238173 The lad from Wolves was in great demand from other cubs.

thats the usual football speak though. might be correct, but when was the last time a signing hasn,t been made where the words of beating plenty of others off to sign a player has not been used. goes with the ones with potential or for the future.[/QUOTE]

It was common knowledge the interest in him. Thats why it took so long to get the deal over the line.

Simpson 12-03-2020 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1238206)
I get where Simpson is coming from .... I think.
Maybe he's referring to the fact his contract has been allowed to run down without an offer on the table to persuade him otherwise.
Back to the repetitive subject. Budget.

......and the penny finally drops, thank you and apologies for not being crystal !

andyd 13-03-2020 07:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1238204)
There was loads of interest just not at the fee being demanded.
Im really pleased to see the positive comments from real fans about Jordan.
He will be on it until the last kick of the last match. He doesn't know any different.

He might well have had his last kick for Stanley only a matter of time now before season is suspended may never be restarted.

VALAIRIAN 13-03-2020 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1238216)
He might well have had his last kick for Stanley only a matter of time now before season is suspended may never be restarted.

But, at least when it does, there will still be a Stanley ;)

:) :) :)

andyd 13-03-2020 11:03

I'd say we are in league 1 until further notice as nobody can predict when this season will end and the next begin uncharted territory.

StanleyJosh 13-03-2020 11:17

Players being out of contract is a concern if season is extended.