Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Pompey Match Thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/pompey-match-thread-71028.html)

Chimer 11-03-2020 18:19

Pompey Match Thread

Thought as the local native I'd kick this one off by letting fellow exiles know that PFC have informed me that away end tickets will be available from the box office at Fratton on the day of the game this year, once tickets not sold by Stanley have been returned, presumably coming down south with the team. Available from about two and a half hours before the game, they expect.

Also there was a vague item on the local TV news tonight about Pompey "awaiting instructions" regarding Coronavirus precautions following their FA Cup match against Arsenal last week - but as they've already played twice since, I can't really see them being asked to postpone our game.

Hopefully see some of you there :D

Exile on Spencer St 11-03-2020 18:28

Re: Pompey Match Thread

Chimer, i presume the ‘away’ ticket office is still next to the ‘away’ entrance?
Couple of season ago, after going to the ‘home’ office as usual, I remember having to do a complete circuit of the ground before we found where it had moved to.

Mr T 11-03-2020 19:45

Our SLO, Robert H will bring the unsold tickets back to FP

Team will be travelling whatever is going in the "background"

All is good; business goes on

Pompey, Fratton Park is a top place to visit

Chimer 11-03-2020 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1238149)
Chimer, i presume the ‘away’ ticket office is still next to the ‘away’ entrance?
Couple of season ago, after going to the ‘home’ office as usual, I remember having to do a complete circuit of the ground before we found where it had moved to.

I'm guessing the tickets will come from a hut in the concourse behind the Fratton end, and we will be in one corner or the other of the Milton end. But only a guess …..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 1238152)
Our SLO, Robert H will bring the unsold tickets back to FP

Team will be travelling whatever is going in the "background"

All is good; business goes on

Thanks for the confirmation Mr T :)

monkey hanger 12-03-2020 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 1238152)

anyone who has never visited the place and are thinking of doing so i,d advise them to give it a go. proper football fans a proper ground and no plastic concrete monstrosity miles away from civilisation.

cashman 12-03-2020 12:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1238176)
anyone who has never visited the place and are thinking of doing so i,d advise them to give it a go. proper football fans a proper ground and no plastic concrete monstrosity miles away from civilisation.

agree its a good place to visit never had a problem with fans yon or even when they come away,

Dav1d 13-03-2020 07:50

Been postponed at the moment due to them playing arsenal

Exile on Spencer St 13-03-2020 08:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dav1d (Post 1238218)
Been postponed at the moment due to them playing arsenal

No it hasn’t, yet.
Both Stanley and Pompey web sites say the same thing. Announcement later today.

VALAIRIAN 13-03-2020 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1238148)
Thought as the local native I'd kick this one off by letting fellow exiles know that PFC have informed me that away end tickets will be available from the box office at Fratton on the day of the game this year, once tickets not sold by Stanley have been returned, presumably coming down south with the team. Available from about two and a half hours before the game, they expect.

Also there was a vague item on the local TV news tonight about Pompey "awaiting instructions" regarding Coronavirus precautions following their FA Cup match against Arsenal last week - but as they've already played twice since, I can't really see them being asked to postpone our game.

Hopefully see some of you there :D

See what you have done, starting a match thread so early!!!!

You will be put in the same bracket as Kiwi soon!!! :D

:) :) :)