Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Stanley Memorabilia (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/stanley-memorabilia-71063.html)

StanleyJosh 27-03-2020 17:22

Stanley Memorabilia

Gooooood Evening;

Hope everyone is well and looking after their health.

With Covid-19 taking over the world (literally), football has taken a back seat (rightly) and discussions on this forum seems to be dropping off.
With that in mind, I thought about a period of reminiscing, and so over the next few weeks I’ll be posting some topics that I hope you can all join in with , for a bit of happiness, joy and feel-good during these bleak times.

So, to start us off with, I want to know....

What is your favourite piece of Stanley memorabilia that you own??
let’s see what people have hidden away or in pride of place in their home :alright:

Outback Ozzy 27-03-2020 17:32

Re: Stanley Memorabilia

2 things for me, the National League winning celebration T-shirt and the League 2 championship scarf and badge

andyd 27-03-2020 18:04

Numerous team shirts, scarves couple of badges and my scrap book made up of tickets from Stanley and loads of other ground's obscure non league programs and my three signed team sheets from winning guess the gate.

AccyMad 27-03-2020 18:33

Probably my Hollands centenary shirt & of course my league 2 champions badge

StanleyJosh 28-03-2020 11:53

shirts and title winning memorabilia will always be up there in the land of greatness;

Mine is a bit more obscure possibly, and isn’t really memorabilia as such .... (cheating because it’s my thread haha)

Being employed by ASFC. Having a contract, wage slip, staff badge.
Definitely up there with my most cherished items.
As a kid I always wanted to be a footballer.
Almost made it but just wasn’t quite good enough.
Being employed by a football club is a close second.

stanleyhouse 28-03-2020 16:04

Well Josh, I'm also proud of working on a matchday (10am till 7pm), having a staff badge, no contract, and not getting paid. LOL.
There's more than 10 of us do it.
However my favourite bit of memorabilia I had, I had for just 48 hours. When we were presented with the League 2 trophy, I got to take it home for the weekend. Slept with it that night lol.

cashman 28-03-2020 16:26

mine is a tattoo of the Late Mike Fergeson "FERGY" on my arm its summat that never wears out lol

StanleyJosh 28-03-2020 16:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanleyhouse (Post 1238659)
Well Josh, I'm also proud of working on a matchday (10am till 7pm), having a staff badge, no contract, and not getting paid. LOL.
There's more than 10 of us do it.
However my favourite bit of memorabilia I had, I had for just 48 hours. When we were presented with the League 2 trophy, I got to take it home for the weekend. Slept with it that night lol.

You’re a good man Mr H!
Sleeping with the league trophy - can’t get better than that x

Mr T 28-03-2020 18:32

Rob was my "safe house"

I'd signed the forms to "accept" the trophy from the EFL, had to watch it with a close eye; very difficult after a beer or two;) The EFL guy told me don't forget to insure the trophy !!

Had to remove it from a few silly people but when questioned the day after I knew where it was!!

What happened after the Town Hall do I really don't want to know!!

Well done Yozzer who finally admitted it was at his house in Liverpool !!

The rest of the story can't be published, but the plan worked without it (the trophy) going to Birmingham Airport:)

monkey hanger 29-03-2020 09:14

memories.

baldy 01-04-2020 03:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 1238664)
What happened after the Town Hall do I really don't want to know!!

It involved Andy Holt chasing after a taxi after a few a Players took it from the Town Hall!

anmc 01-04-2020 09:26

I have a badge that my mum found in a market in Benidorm of all places. Probably not that old, but it shows we get around a bit!

maccawozzagod 02-04-2020 17:44

1 Attachment(s)
Bet there's no more than 1 of these knocking about

maccawozzagod 02-04-2020 17:52

1 Attachment(s)
Also, every shirt from 1990 onwards... home away and third, including Andy Procs first shirt, Paul Mullins last, numerous signed, squad signed, Coley's one and only England shirt etc

maccawozzagod 02-04-2020 17:56

Gazillions of badges (none of the recent match badges though), 20 odd scarves, Rob Elliots penalty saving Woking glove, Dunbavin gloves, medals, signed footballs, paintings, hundreds of programmes, newspaper cuttings ........... MrsaGod is rather sick of it all tbh