Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Next season?? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/next-season-71118.html)

VALAIRIAN 25-05-2020 13:27

Next season??

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1240373)
I’m fairly confident this is situation at moment ........

Under Contract - Savin, Sykes, Ogle,LKS, Finley, Pritchard, McConville, Bishop, Charles, Scott.

Club has option - Edwards, Johnson, Hughes, Maguire, Carvalho, Barclay, Mohammed, Doyle.

Out of Contract - Evtimov, Clark, Zanzala, ZFA, Sousa, Conneely, Watson, Rodgers.

Un-sure about youth players but imagine apart from ones above all expire this summer.
Perritt, Williams, Bolton, Martin, O’Neill, Gilboy.

So, taking this as read - and I do not have any reason not to - how do we go about assembling a squad/team for season 15, or to finish season 14?? :)

I think that it is quite obvious, we need a defence and goalkeeper?

Of the players under contract, who would you let go?

Which options would you take up?

Would you offer to any out of contract??

Who is out there, that might be tempted to us?? :)

Trying to think of the future and take my mind off the present.... At the end of the day, football will comeback and - hopefully - Stanley will be taking part :)

:) :) :)

StanleyJosh 25-05-2020 15:49

Re: Next season??

Tough to think about next season when unsure of budgets etc....
if usual circumstances, I would like to see us retaining...
Conneely, Hughes, Johnson, Mohammed and possibly Maguire/Barclay.
1st year pros I’d probably keep Perritt, Martin, Gilboy. Maybe Matty Williams.
No issues with Clark leaving, he’s been a fantastic servant, we’ve helped him like he has helped us.

Again in usual circumstances, we’d need a keeper (do we keep Savin as 2nd choice or get him game time on loan??)centre half to push Yosser, winger to replace Clicker, attacking mid and a few strikers.

Next seasons starting XI could be....

Savin
Johnson, Hughes, Sykes, Ogle
McConville, Conneely, Finley, Pritchard
Charles, Bishop

I’d like a more creative midfielder as cover for Finley suspension, Barclay similar to Seamus.

andyd 25-05-2020 16:31

I think Connelly could be attracting interest from elsewhere Salford one I saw somewhere in these uncertain times don't personally think there will be any offers will keep what we have and move on when it is possible to work out a budget. Because as it is there is no budget for existing contracts as will be the case at most clubs.

cashman 25-05-2020 17:42

myself i just want next season.:eek:

monkey hanger 26-05-2020 10:01

just hope no one gets a bright idea in asking fans to donate money to keep zanzala at the club for another season.

andyd 26-05-2020 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1240513)
just hope no one gets a bright idea in asking fans to donate money to keep zanzala at the club for another season.

In my time seen some good and pretty poor strikers at Stanley and nothing against the lad but he is definitely in the second category.

StanleyJosh 26-05-2020 12:14

Andy, where has the Salford link come from?

Twenty Eight 26-05-2020 12:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1240494)
I think Connelly could be attracting interest from elsewhere Salford one I saw somewhere in these uncertain times don't personally think there will be any offers will keep what we have and move on when it is possible to work out a budget. Because as it is there is no budget for existing contracts as will be the case at most clubs.

It's Conneely ..... haha !
If no offers by the club then I assume you include players upon whom we have options as well as those out of contract.
That being the case we won't be making offers to Johnson or Hughes in Josh's starting line up.
However I think that Conneely Johnson and Hughes would be on my list to retain.
They are not exactly huge earners.
In the case of Hughes and Conneely you're buying in experience and as sure as eggs are eggs anyone we bring in will be vastly inexperienced at this level.
Add in the suspension of Finlay and to me it would be illogical to let the club captain go.

StanleyJosh 26-05-2020 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1240520)
If no offers by the club then I assume you include players upon whom we have options as well as those out of contract.
That being the case we won't be making offers to Johnson or Hughes in Josh's starting line up.
In the case of Hughes and Conneely you're buying in experience and as sure as eggs are eggs anyone we bring in will be vastly inexperienced at this level.
Add in the suspension of Finlay and to me it would be illogical to let the club captain go.

Mate, it’s Finley (haha sorry couldn’t resist!) ;)

andyd 26-05-2020 12:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1240520)

I agree I would go with all three but as regards wether they are big earners or not in these uncertain times and the possibility of no budget it's possible they may have to go and as I said before any staff could unfortunately be vumerable hopefully it won't come to that.

Twenty Eight 26-05-2020 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1240522)
I agree I would go with all three but as regards wether they are big earners or not in these uncertain times and the possibility of no budget it's possible they may have to go and as I said before any staff could unfortunately be vumerable hopefully it won't come to that.

No budget ?
You mean we want players to play for nothing ?
OK let them go.
And replace with ?
I will certainly make a firm prediction that any replacements will not be substantially cheaper wage wise because we are starting at a low base point.
Everyone thinks that the covid-19 means everyone's going to ask for less.
Won't happen.
I heard this today from someone I have the utmost respect for in the game.
"Strange times ...... but I know of a few clubs in League One /Two who are going to gamble and look to steal a march on those being ultra cautious and go all out for promotion"

That's football for you.
I know before everyone starts barating me that Accrington aren't that type of club and I'm not suggesting for one minute that they should do so.
Player wise my motto would be better the devil you know and keep as much of what we've got.

Twenty Eight 26-05-2020 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1240521)
Mate, it’s Finley (haha sorry couldn’t resist!) ;)

Hahaha ! At least mine is pronounced the same !

Mr T 26-05-2020 15:50

New wages/contracts will ( in my view) have to come down at every club.

Squad salary caps and squad size will be voted in very soon. Only not be talked about too much as all the focus is on finishing this season.

There will be a real focus on "home grown" u21's

andyd 26-05-2020 16:25

Ten out of contract players let go at Bradford including Shay McCarten.

Twenty Eight 26-05-2020 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 1240526)
New wages/contracts will ( in my view) have to come down at every club.

Squad salary caps and squad size will be voted in very soon. Only not be talked about too much as all the focus is on finishing this season.

There will be a real focus on "home grown" u21's

I get that.
Burton are asking some players out of contract to take a 25% pay cut.
However they are offering terms !
Equally 25% off a decent number ............ is still a decent number.
Even if the salary cap was introduced at 2.5 mill surely that's way above our budget anyway even if covid-19 hadn't arrived ????