Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Unlock tentative steps (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/unlock-tentative-steps-71320.html)

Chewbacca 12-10-2020 17:42

Re: Unlock tentative steps

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1245718)
Lancashire going into tier 2 led to believe which isn't much change for us but these tiers can go up and down. See the London Palladium had a crowd in there last night I have been in there myself very Victorian and not very big you can throw data all day long at me you ain't telling me that is any safer than watching a football game outside in fresh air.

Later there was a commitment to opening all businesses if COVID safe when the question was asked about Cheltenham Races and opening sporting events.

They clearly think football can live off TV money, and figures still going up in the north west, but they take no account of football governance being chaotic.

cashman 12-10-2020 18:00

myself i think they aint that bothered apart from the big guns.

monkey hanger 13-10-2020 09:09

[QUOTE=andyd; you can throw data all day long at me you ain't telling me that is any safer than watching a football game outside in fresh air.[/QUOTE]

yet its safe in padiham, clitheroe and nelson all without face muzzles. there must be a covid cloud above the wham and every league club ground. just do not get it and never will.

andyd 13-10-2020 15:37

Crewe request that tonight,s rearranged game at Oxford be postponed just 4 hours before kick off as 2 more players test positive, might struggle to get their home game on against Blackpool Saturday, I believe the PFA have offered to fund mandatory testing for all EFL clubs this needs to be taken up on or there will be constant interruptions.

VALAIRIAN 13-10-2020 17:23

Do not understand this???

Tranmere played their kids at the weekend, as they were not sure if they would have been penalised for not fulfilling the game :confused: :confused:

This is the second time that Crewe have had to postpone???

:) :) :)

andyd 14-10-2020 08:52

North West Counties league asking clubs to vote on 3 options due to the current rising cases of Covid, suspend season untill end of October, cancel games in areas under tier 3 or continue season, sadly you can see where things are heading.

andyd 14-10-2020 19:13

Oliver Dowden admitted today one of the reasons return of fans was postponed wasn't the stadiums themselves but the worry that large groups of fans would congregate before and after games in hospitality venues, also the behaviour of certain clubs fans celebrating success at the end of last season despite restrictions and warnings not to do so they did. So as with a lot of things in life the majority can suffer for the actions of a few.

cashman 14-10-2020 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1245769)
Oliver Dowden admitted today one of the reasons return of fans was postponed wasn't the stadiums themselves but the worry that large groups of fans would congregate before and after games in hospitality venues, also the behaviour of certain clubs fans celebrating success at the end of last season despite restrictions and warnings not to do so they did. So as with a lot of things in life the majority can suffer for the actions of a few.

that sounds right to me they have given the government no chance of taking the risk dickheads are everywhere imho,

Chewbacca 14-10-2020 22:06

NWCL games get 50 to 300 attending with little or no cover. The only pinch point is access and egress, and club houses in tier 3 will be shut anyway.

Can't see the point of a 2 week break unless instructed from above. Supermarkets are a far bigger risk, especially the small ones where they needed to remove an aisle near the tills to make it safe but didn't bother.

andyd 15-10-2020 07:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1245771)
NWCL games get 50 to 300 attending with little or no cover. The only pinch point is access and egress, and club houses in tier 3 will be shut anyway.

Can't see the point of a 2 week break unless instructed from above. Supermarkets are a far bigger risk, especially the small ones where they needed to remove an aisle near the tills to make it safe but didn't bother.

This is were track and trace falls down to me asked to scan or sign in at pubs, restaurants etc but not at shops, supermarkets again mixed messages.

andyd 15-10-2020 07:24

After the let fans in petition that got the required amount of signatures parliament will debate about the return of fans on Monday the 9th of November.

monkey hanger 15-10-2020 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1245769)

honestly if they shut the clubhouse and fanzones what the hell as that got to do with allowing a certain number of fans into the Wham for a game. really doubt say a 1000 accy fans are going to run amock raping, pillaging up livingstone road and infecting the whole of east lancs with the virus.

andyd 15-10-2020 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1245779)
honestly if they shut the clubhouse and fanzones what the hell as that got to do with allowing a certain number of fans into the Wham for a game. really doubt say a 1000 accy fans are going to run amock raping, pillaging up livingstone road and infecting the whole of east lancs with the virus.

This set of so called clever university, privately educated couldn't run a **** up in a brewery apart from the house of commons bar let alone the country.

Exile on Spencer St 15-10-2020 18:14

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1245786)
This set of so called clever university, privately educated couldn't run a **** up in a brewery apart from the house of commons bar let alone the country.

Lucky they have the HoC’s bar because they can no longer visit this pub in New Brighton.

monkey hanger 16-10-2020 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1245802)
Lucky they have the HoC’s bar because they can no longer visit this pub in New Brighton.

there will be some up in arms now about the pub name. these 3 are trying to save mankind from total destruction{sorry lefties i mean people kind** and all someone can do is take the urine. yes i do tell lies at times.