Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Unlock tentative steps (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/unlock-tentative-steps-71320.html)

andyd 20-09-2020 13:43

Re: Unlock tentative steps

Apparently all went well at Blackpool's pilot game yesterday thier police giving it their backing and a lot of fans saying the atmosphere and experience was better than they thought it would be roll on next Saturday and hopefully we will be there.

Chewbacca 20-09-2020 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1244872)
Apparently all went well at Blackpool's pilot game yesterday thier police giving it their backing and a lot of fans saying the atmosphere and experience was better than they thought it would be roll on next Saturday and hopefully we will be there.

It is a different public health authority in Blackpool, and we would need the PHA's blessing, plus Blackpool is outside the additional Government restrictions.

It is not clear whether Stanley have actually applied for a test event, the closest comparison is Fleetwood who have applied so I am watching them for any news.

andyd 20-09-2020 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1244873)
It is a different public health authority in Blackpool, and we would need the PHA's blessing, plus Blackpool is outside the additional Government restrictions.

It is not clear whether Stanley have actually applied for a test event, the closest comparison is Fleetwood who have applied so I am watching them for any news.

Fleetwood are under the same restrictions as Hyndburn so if they get the go ahead would think we would also.

andyd 20-09-2020 15:28

Apparently this virus doesn't transmit in Blackpool as they choose to break away from Lancashire many years ago who decides these ridiculous guidelines.

cashman 20-09-2020 15:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1244875)
Apparently this virus doesn't transmit in Blackpool as they choose to break away from Lancashire many years ago who decides these ridiculous guidelines.

i think its all to do with cash, the lights are on.

andyd 20-09-2020 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1244876)
i think its all to do with cash, the lights are on.

Football needs money without significant return of fans sooner rather than later the lights will be going out.

cashman 20-09-2020 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1244878)
Football needs money without significant return of fans sooner rather than later the lights will be going out.

football means little to money people.

Chewbacca 20-09-2020 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1244874)
Fleetwood are under the same restrictions as Hyndburn so if they get the go ahead would think we would also.

That is why I said they are the closet comparison.

Blackpool are right on the edge and do no border any district with high numbers, not just to do with being a unitary.

monkey hanger 21-09-2020 08:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1244875)
who decides these ridiculous guidelines.

no changing rooms allowed to be open yesterday at my game. bar however was. the latter was packed. just give up on all this stupidity now. think cashy is right. where there is money about the virus cannot strike.

andyd 21-09-2020 11:10

Just on website Stanley waiting for decision on Saturdays application for a pilot event allowing 1000 in against Oxford, we have sold 950 season tickets so if given go-ahead every one will be able to go if they choose.

cashman 21-09-2020 14:08

lets hope we get permission, if we do and people are sensible then we are going the right way imho.

Chewbacca 21-09-2020 19:16

Bolton were stopped from even applying by their own PHA, so the application itself is one positive on a bleak looking landscape, along with the 1,000 fans ensuring all current season ticket holders can get in

I hope I am wrong but I can't see it happening.

EFL tests were not announced until mid afternoon last Wed, it will be chaos getting ifollow codes if they leave it that late again, surely it will be tomorrow?

cashman 21-09-2020 19:18

im very doubtfull but fingers crossed.

NORTHERNSOUL 21-09-2020 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1244904)
Bolton were stopped from even applying by their own PHA, so the application itself is one positive on a bleak looking landscape, along with the 1,000 fans ensuring all current season ticket holders can get in

I hope I am wrong but I can't see it happening.

EFL tests were not announced until mid afternoon last Wed, it will be chaos getting ifollow codes if they leave it that late again, surely it will be tomorrow?

Word is Boris will announce tomrrow evening no test events or 30% crowds in areas under enhanched resrictions.

andyd 22-09-2020 06:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL (Post 1244906)
Word is Boris will announce tomrrow evening no test events or 30% crowds in areas under enhanched resrictions.

Well that could be everywhere in the country then.