Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Unlock tentative steps (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/unlock-tentative-steps-71320.html)

Twenty Eight 16-09-2020 12:39

Unlock tentative steps

Selected fixtures this weekend.

Championship

Luton Town v Derby County
Middlesbrough v AFC Bournemouth
Norwich City v Preston North End
League One

Blackpool v Swindon Town
Charlton Athletic v Doncaster Rovers
Hull City v Crewe Alexandra
Shrewsbury Town v Northampton Town
League Two

Carlisle United v Southend United (13:00 BST)
Forest Green Rovers v Bradford City
Morecambe v Cambridge United

cashman 16-09-2020 12:41

Re: Unlock tentative steps

well its a start.hope it goes well.

andyd 16-09-2020 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1244664)
Selected fixtures this weekend.

Championship

Luton Town v Derby County
Middlesbrough v AFC Bournemouth
Norwich City v Preston North End
League One

Blackpool v Swindon Town
Charlton Athletic v Doncaster Rovers
Hull City v Crewe Alexandra
Shrewsbury Town v Northampton Town
League Two

Carlisle United v Southend United (13:00 BST)
Forest Green Rovers v Bradford City
Morecambe v Cambridge United

Luton already cancelled their plans for fans as they say notice was to short I have to agree to some extent but with this government at the moment anything can happen, need a clear message about fans soon Morecambe yesterday saying the same theirs and a lot of other clubs now paying wages and other extra safety costs say can't go on without fans returning in some form. Let's hope for some common sense and get fans back.

cashman 16-09-2020 16:38

this as been in the air at least 1 week, how much time do they need, think its pathetic bleating hard times and not being ready.

andyd 16-09-2020 17:20

In Luton,s case I think because of the amount of season tickets they have sold it probably was a bit late to organise a lottery for attending, could be lax on Luton's part but without some clear long term strategy by government don't hold tha breath this could be come a regular occurrence.

andyd 16-09-2020 17:23

I believe a body covering all kinds of sports have had a meeting with government today very productive they say but have laid it on the line how precarious finances are so we wait for the next advice.

cashman 16-09-2020 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1244681)
In Luton,s case I think because of the amount of season tickets they have sold it probably was a bit late to organise a lottery for attending, could be lax on Luton's part but without some clear long term strategy by government don't hold tha breath this could be come a regular occurrence.

to be sure i dont think the amount of season tickets sold is a good excuse everyone knew the score about fans getting in if possible.

andyd 16-09-2020 18:27

Morecambe pulled out too saying their safety measures aren't ready yet.

cashman 16-09-2020 18:36

just demonstrates who is run correctly i think so far 8 are 2 are not,

andyd 16-09-2020 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1244686)
just demonstrates who is run correctly i think so far 8 are 2 are not,

I wonder out of 92: what the percentage of correctly run clubs is?

cashman 16-09-2020 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1244689)
I wonder out of 92: what the percentage of correctly run clubs is?

couldnt careless mate ours is and thats what counts;)

andyd 17-09-2020 07:25

Is our game against Oxford officially a pilot event because a lot of clubs claiming they had less than 2 and a half hours to apply for this week's pilot games, I was under the impression our game was set in stone.

andyd 17-09-2020 11:12

[QUOTE=cashman;1244691]couldnt careless mate
ours is and thats what counts;)[/QUO
Agree run correctly.

andyd 17-09-2020 11:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1244691)
couldnt careless mate ours is and thats what counts;)

Ours as you put it is correctly run but Andy Holt focal today on twitter without income or assistant saying impossible to budget and can't predict how long we could keep going, god help badly run ones.

andyd 17-09-2020 13:48

Does anyone have any idea what is going on are we allowed 770 fans in next Saturday, are we going to allow fans in from October 1st, is it going to be pushed back to November or restricted to under 3000 just a few things being bandied about no wonder a couple of clubs pulled the plug this weekend the rules seem to change daily.

cashman 17-09-2020 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1244711)
Does anyone have any idea what is going on are we allowed 770 fans in next Saturday, are we going to allow fans in from October 1st, is it going to be pushed back to November or restricted to under 3000 just a few things being bandied about no wonder a couple of clubs pulled the plug this weekend the rules seem to change daily.

unless the club says owt nobody knows nowt,

andyd 17-09-2020 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1244712)
unless the club says owt nobody knows nowt,

Latest on Lancashire live news Hyndburn probably going back on local lockdown so that will answer the Oxford game probably.

cashman 17-09-2020 14:51

i take little notice of them andy reckon they are scaremongers. i do read them but then in the main i forget lol

NORTHERNSOUL 17-09-2020 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1244680)
this as been in the air at least 1 week, how much time do they need, think its pathetic bleating hard times and not being ready.

In most cases its not the clubs that arent ready. Its getting their plans signned off in time by theur local SAG or as in Hulls case because the council itself wouldnd give permission due to a rising rate nothing to do with the clubs readiness

NORTHERNSOUL 17-09-2020 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1244713)
Latest on Lancashire live news Hyndburn probably going back on local lockdown so that will answer the Oxford game probably.

Wether that happens tomorrow or not that was an atrocious peice of scaremongering journalism by them today and i see that Blackburn council have demanded that they retract it.

Which says to me that Blackburn know that the rest of their area isnt going to be put back into local lockdown and following from that the rest of the area including Hyndburn that was released with it a couple of weeks ago wont be either.

So my take is that Stanley will be invited to apply to be one of the test games next week as was originally planned before Boris crapped himself last week.

I was told today that subject to there being no issues this weekend the clubs that conduct successfull tests this weekend will be allowed 3k crowds at their next home games on Oct 3rd as originally planned but the clubs who havnt conducted a successful test this weekend wont be allowed to until they conduct a 1k test.

monkey hanger 18-09-2020 07:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL (Post 1244731)
In most cases its not the clubs that arent ready. Its getting their plans signned off in time by theur local SAG or as in Hulls case because the council itself wouldnd give permission due to a rising rate nothing to do with the clubs readiness

exactly. clubs can follow whatever requirement is needed today but that might not be proved adequate the day after. so many week to week changes no one knows what the situation will be like next month.

andyd 18-09-2020 08:11

30% of the pilot games not going ahead hopefully the rest will kick off.

Chewbacca 18-09-2020 08:49

I wonder if Stanley have applied for the Oxford game to be a test event? bolton were not even allowed to apply due to their infection rates and Hyndburn third highest out of 317 yesterday.

If we don't find out until late on Wednesday and it is negative, then 1,000+ ifollow codes will still need dishing out, and if it is the same system as last time it could end up a farce.

Will what is being announced this morning it is unlikely that spectators will be allowed in 8 days time.

Revived Red 18-09-2020 08:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1244681)
some clear long term strategy by government

:lol::lol::lol: :yelrotflm:yelrotflm:yelrotflm

andyd 18-09-2020 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1244740)
I wonder if Stanley have applied for the Oxford game to be a test event? bolton were not even allowed to apply due to their infection rates and Hyndburn third highest out of 317 yesterday.

If we don't find out until late on Wednesday and it is negative, then 1,000+ ifollow codes will still need dishing out, and if it is the same system as last time it could end up a farce.

Will what is being announced this morning it is unlikely that spectators will be allowed in 8 days time.

Must be a nightmare for admin staff not looking good at all at the minute for any kind of hospitality or sports events.

andyd 18-09-2020 18:23

EFL released a statement about fans at stadiums and it's as clear as mud with regards to local lockdowns as I see it a crowd doesn't break " the rule of six" to me if a pub or restaurant is following hygiene protocol and can have customers then sports venue,s should be fine, still no wiser if we can attend Oxford game though.

cashman 18-09-2020 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1244773)
EFL released a statement about fans at stadiums and it's as clear as mud with regards to local lockdowns as I see it a crowd doesn't break " the rule of six" to me if a pub or restaurant is following hygiene protocol and can have customers then sports venue,s should be fine, still no wiser if we can attend Oxford game though.

Doubt if Stanley know yet andy?

andyd 18-09-2020 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1244775)
Doubt if Stanley know yet andy?

Exactly clear as mud.

Chewbacca 18-09-2020 19:56

Fleetwood have confirmed they have applied for a test event on the 26th.

I would be interesting to know if Stanley have applied or not, or if LCC have advised them not to.

I think the chances of getting on the Oxford game are < 10% as it stands.

Time to send out the iFollow codes for next week...

monkey hanger 19-09-2020 07:24

[QUOTE=Chewbacca;1244778]

I think the chances of getting on the Oxford game are < 10% as it stands.

hartlepool had a home friendly with blyth for today behind closed doors. this morning its off. clubs as well as fans cannot carry on with this will we wont we approach with last minute call offs. know this happens in winter with the weather but its just more uncertainty that everyone is going to suffer.

andyd 20-09-2020 13:43

Apparently all went well at Blackpool's pilot game yesterday thier police giving it their backing and a lot of fans saying the atmosphere and experience was better than they thought it would be roll on next Saturday and hopefully we will be there.

Chewbacca 20-09-2020 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1244872)
Apparently all went well at Blackpool's pilot game yesterday thier police giving it their backing and a lot of fans saying the atmosphere and experience was better than they thought it would be roll on next Saturday and hopefully we will be there.

It is a different public health authority in Blackpool, and we would need the PHA's blessing, plus Blackpool is outside the additional Government restrictions.

It is not clear whether Stanley have actually applied for a test event, the closest comparison is Fleetwood who have applied so I am watching them for any news.

andyd 20-09-2020 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1244873)
It is a different public health authority in Blackpool, and we would need the PHA's blessing, plus Blackpool is outside the additional Government restrictions.

It is not clear whether Stanley have actually applied for a test event, the closest comparison is Fleetwood who have applied so I am watching them for any news.

Fleetwood are under the same restrictions as Hyndburn so if they get the go ahead would think we would also.

andyd 20-09-2020 15:28

Apparently this virus doesn't transmit in Blackpool as they choose to break away from Lancashire many years ago who decides these ridiculous guidelines.

cashman 20-09-2020 15:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1244875)
Apparently this virus doesn't transmit in Blackpool as they choose to break away from Lancashire many years ago who decides these ridiculous guidelines.

i think its all to do with cash, the lights are on.

andyd 20-09-2020 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1244876)
i think its all to do with cash, the lights are on.

Football needs money without significant return of fans sooner rather than later the lights will be going out.

cashman 20-09-2020 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1244878)
Football needs money without significant return of fans sooner rather than later the lights will be going out.

football means little to money people.

Chewbacca 20-09-2020 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1244874)
Fleetwood are under the same restrictions as Hyndburn so if they get the go ahead would think we would also.

That is why I said they are the closet comparison.

Blackpool are right on the edge and do no border any district with high numbers, not just to do with being a unitary.

monkey hanger 21-09-2020 08:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1244875)
who decides these ridiculous guidelines.

no changing rooms allowed to be open yesterday at my game. bar however was. the latter was packed. just give up on all this stupidity now. think cashy is right. where there is money about the virus cannot strike.

andyd 21-09-2020 11:10

Just on website Stanley waiting for decision on Saturdays application for a pilot event allowing 1000 in against Oxford, we have sold 950 season tickets so if given go-ahead every one will be able to go if they choose.

cashman 21-09-2020 14:08

lets hope we get permission, if we do and people are sensible then we are going the right way imho.

Chewbacca 21-09-2020 19:16

Bolton were stopped from even applying by their own PHA, so the application itself is one positive on a bleak looking landscape, along with the 1,000 fans ensuring all current season ticket holders can get in

I hope I am wrong but I can't see it happening.

EFL tests were not announced until mid afternoon last Wed, it will be chaos getting ifollow codes if they leave it that late again, surely it will be tomorrow?

cashman 21-09-2020 19:18

im very doubtfull but fingers crossed.

NORTHERNSOUL 21-09-2020 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1244904)
Bolton were stopped from even applying by their own PHA, so the application itself is one positive on a bleak looking landscape, along with the 1,000 fans ensuring all current season ticket holders can get in

I hope I am wrong but I can't see it happening.

EFL tests were not announced until mid afternoon last Wed, it will be chaos getting ifollow codes if they leave it that late again, surely it will be tomorrow?

Word is Boris will announce tomrrow evening no test events or 30% crowds in areas under enhanched resrictions.

andyd 22-09-2020 06:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL (Post 1244906)
Word is Boris will announce tomrrow evening no test events or 30% crowds in areas under enhanched resrictions.

Well that could be everywhere in the country then.

andyd 22-09-2020 07:11

A report on the BBC suggests that from today pilot events will be paused and return of limited crowds pushed back, without substancial financial support could be a disaster.

andyd 22-09-2020 08:00

Now official on BBC football site pushed back for the foreseeable disaster can see National League not starting season and ok it's watchable on IFollow but if I,m honest the absence of crowds make the game a shadow of itself really fear for the long term future of smaller clubs including us.

monkey hanger 22-09-2020 10:37

[QUOTE=andyf really fear for the long term future of smaller clubs including us.[/QUOTE]

keep telling us that football is a business. well if you have a business with no customers you will not be in business long.

Chewbacca 22-09-2020 12:04

Looking at easter now FFS!

andyd 22-09-2020 13:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1244918)
Looking at easter now FFS!

Slowly losing interest watching on telly through any format just isn't the same and I bet though they might be reluctant to admit are a lot of others.

andyd 22-09-2020 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1244916)
keep telling us that football is a business. well if you have a business with no customers you will not be in business long.

Be amazed if league,s 1 and 2 finish unscathed this season and don't see National League,s starting.

andyd 23-09-2020 07:11

Reports emerging from the BBC sport channel this morning spectators could be locked out of sports venues until March, we have reached the point of no return regarding any financial support package next 1 or 2 weeks will decide the future for many clubs throughout all sports.

monkey hanger 23-09-2020 07:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1244921)
Be amazed if league,s 1 and 2 finish unscathed this season and don't see National League,s starting.

the national league have already said that they woulf not start without fans and have no plans yet for live streaming. aldershot however have made their own plans to do it. as for more clubs going under a lot will depend on how clubs actually totally rely on gate money. can see those like forest green being ok but you must feel for others. can see some owners just walking away as they feel enough is totally enough afyer years of doing a good job propping up clubs.

andyd 23-09-2020 08:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1244927)
the national league have already said that they woulf not start without fans and have no plans yet for live streaming. aldershot however have made their own plans to do it. as for more clubs going under a lot will depend on how clubs actually totally rely on gate money. can see those like forest green being ok but you must feel for others. can see some owners just walking away as they feel enough is totally enough afyer years of doing a good job propping up clubs.

Some clubs have had Covid 19 protection clauses built in to new player contracts without income can see these being applied.

andyd 23-09-2020 09:48

Just listened to a very good interesting and forthright honest interview on Radio Lancashire with Rod Taylor co-chairman at Morecambe FC, bluntly saying that without fans or a aid package clubs even at Championship level will go to the wall. In Morecambe's case as it stands they can operate for a couple of months.

Twenty Eight 23-09-2020 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1244925)
Reports emerging from the BBC sport channel this morning spectators could be locked out of sports venues until March, we have reached the point of no return regarding any financial support package next 1 or 2 weeks will decide the future for many clubs throughout all sports.

With respect Andy one to two weeks is just scare mongering.
Not saying the situation isnt heading towards critical but now the Government has formally stated that it "could be" March before a return now is when earnest progression will be made regarding funding and how football can be under pinned.

andyd 23-09-2020 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1244940)
With respect Andy one to two weeks is just scare mongering.
Not saying the situation isnt heading towards critical but now the Government has formally stated that it "could be" March before a return now is when earnest progression will be made regarding funding and how football can be under pinned.

One or two weeks aren't my words these are coming from various sources chairman, supporters groups and volunteers starting the season to me with no "package" on the table was always a risk people including myself say the premiership should help out but in a real world why should they, time and again in football the powers that be have been pretty awful. But this isn't just football this is every sporting competition,s across the country that could be irreparablely damaged never to return in certain areas, not easy but the time is now and the clock is ticking.

Twenty Eight 23-09-2020 17:05

Sorry Andy that reads as your direct quote.
How much would you say will be removed from Accy’s gross revenue as a consequence of no fans ...... accepting 1000 season ticket sales and ifollow revenue ?

andyd 23-09-2020 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1244942)
Sorry Andy that reads as your direct quote.
How much would you say will be removed from Accy’s gross revenue as a consequence of no fans ...... accepting 1000 season ticket sales and ifollow revenue ?

IFollow revenue I haven't a clue because no figures for who actually is paying on the day, but last season's average home gate was 2862 take away 950 ticket holders leaving average 1982 pay on the day Andy Holt said we made around £12.50 after costs so about £549700 gate receipts, then you have all the rest bar,food programme takings etc on the day.Andy Holt already said since March club close to losing £ million.

andyd 23-09-2020 17:38

Dover Athletic chairman who has pumped £4 million of his own money in to the club over 15 years claims it takes £80000 a month to run at that level £960000 per annum soon starts to look unsustainable without fans the bread and butter.

andyd 23-09-2020 17:42

After all the sustained effort and cost by clubs to provide Covid secure venues that have to be passed which most would do they should now put a collective voice and pressure on the government to reverse this ridiculous decision and set a clear road map out for football and the other sports.

andyd 24-09-2020 09:01

Interesting comment from Swindon manager without crowds every game is like a preseason friendly can't if I,m honest disagree.

monkey hanger 24-09-2020 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1244953)
Interesting comment from Swindon manager without crowds every game is like a preseason friendly can't if I,m honest disagree.

certainly watching our last 2 league games on i follow i have to agree. can see those who get it free carrying on watching but i for one are certainly going to pick my away games for a start. as time goes on it may end up picking my home games as well. not a big TV sports watcher as i miss the conversations and banter at games as much as the game itself. it was bad enough zanzala leaving as the rest of TV comedy is at a low ebb these days.

andyd 24-09-2020 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1244954)
certainly watching our last 2 league games on i follow i have to agree. can see those who get it free carrying on watching but i for one are certainly going to pick my away games for a start. as time goes on it may end up picking my home games as well. not a big TV sports watcher as i miss the conversations and banter at games as much as the game itself. it was bad enough zanzala leaving as the rest of TV comedy is at a low ebb these days.

I have watched 3 now and have to admit I don't watch any other team than Stanley on TV for the reason it isn't the same and sadly my enthusiasm for Stanley in this format isn't the same hope I,m in the minority because we don't want this income source drying up as well, I will continue just in my support for Stanley but it's about time the people making decisions show some sense and let us back. Premiership talking about earlier kick off times for midweek matches then fans can watch before pubs shut at 10 o'clock miles safer there isn't it.

Twenty Eight 24-09-2020 12:20

The other issue with revenue and ifollow is the massive number of IPTV connections out there via amazon firestick. They get you access to literally everything ........ for £50 per annum.
I would say they are illegal but they are in common use.
They include access to every ifollow station.

Taypot 24-09-2020 12:22

My broadband is slow, so watching ifollow can be a bit of a pain. However, I will continue to pay my £10 in order to help the club. I hope others will do the same.

andyd 24-09-2020 16:13

A sports minister has just told parliament elite sports much find ways of helping themselves financially, doesn't sound promising.

AccyMad 24-09-2020 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1244981)
A sports minister has just told parliament elite sports much find ways of helping themselves financially, doesn't sound promising.

Just shows how out of touch he is with the sector he's supposed to be responsible for:rolleyes:

andyd 24-09-2020 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1244984)
Just shows how out of touch he is with the sector he's supposed to be responsible for:rolleyes:

I think part of the problem is they can't bale everything out not a bottomless pit in football,s case I think they are hoping the premiership will provide the money, problem with that is his debate which could take weeks and they will want assurances, a rethink on crowds is the best option.

monkey hanger 25-09-2020 09:03

remember that not everyone actually enjoys football or any sport for that matter. some infact have a complete dislike for it and will be up in arms about vast amounts of money given to something. same as me with things like ballet and the arts where i just do not give a damn.

VALAIRIAN 25-09-2020 09:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1245001)
remember that not everyone actually enjoys football or any sport for that matter. some infact have a complete dislike for it and will be up in arms about vast amounts of money given to something. same as me with things like ballet and the arts where i just do not give a damn.

There are plenty of Saturday afternoons when I do not like football MH :D

Get what you are saying :)

:) :) :)

cashman 25-09-2020 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1245002)
There are plenty of Saturday afternoons when I do not like football MH :D

Get what you are saying :)

:) :) :)

thats only cos yer a stanley fan joe:D

MikeA 25-09-2020 15:04

Leyton Orient have effectively been kicked out of the League Cup because their players tested positive for coronavirus:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54295512

This seems to be setting a very dangerous precedent. Would it happen with the FA Cup Final, for example?

At least Spurs paid for the tests...

andyd 25-09-2020 15:45

Two games off tomorrow due to positive tests both in league 2 Cheltenham v Grimsby and Walsall v Orient this could be come normal.

VALAIRIAN 25-09-2020 15:53

R.I.P. Justin Edinburgh

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1245015)
Leyton Orient have effectively been kicked out of the League Cup because their players tested positive for coronavirus:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54295512

This seems to be setting a very dangerous precedent. Would it happen with the FA Cup Final, for example?

At least Spurs paid for the tests...

That is bad news in more ways than one.......

andyd 25-09-2020 19:42

Grimsby have actually had to postpone their next 3 games as club going into 14 hibernation, this is going to create real problems if testing in the EFL isn't made mandatory again or season will descend into farce.

Twenty Eight 25-09-2020 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1245016)
Two games off tomorrow due to positive tests both in league 2 Cheltenham v Grimsby and Walsall v Orient this could be come normal.

My good mate Terry Curran’s son is the player that tested positive at Grimsby - Jock Curran.
Terry was one hell of a player and his son carving out a career...... all the best Jock x

monkey hanger 26-09-2020 07:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1245016)

mind you its better than the old normal. games being called off after we set off to go to one.

MikeA 26-09-2020 08:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1245026)
mind you its better than the old normal. games being called off after we set off to go to one.

...or Somerset complaining after people had set off to come to us!

andyd 26-09-2020 09:09

Stevenage,s game at Bradford hanging in the balance after one of there players tested positive, the problem now with the resurgence in the virus EFL,s testing of staff showing symptoms isn't clearly good enough premiership still testing everyone weekly. Problem again is down to cost so same appeal for help or games will be called off all over. Also with regular testing it's another case for safe return of spectators.

AccyMad 26-09-2020 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1245033)
...or Somerset complaining after people had set off to come to us!

Would love to hear his take on games being called of because of Covid :rolleyes:

Exile on Spencer St 26-09-2020 10:26

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1245019)
?.. if testing in the EFL isn't made mandatory again or season will descend into farce.

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1245037)
?... the problem now with the resurgence in the virus....

Sorry, Andyd, just can’t let this go.
If you genuinely believe more, and mandatory, testing is going to help us get out of this man-made mess then you can’t have been reading what many, many scientists and doctors (not computer modellers) have been writing and saying about just how unreliable is the PCR process, and how it is picking up all sorts of viral remnants that we all have all the time.
Take a look at this chart and ask yourself if you notice any difference between the spike of “cases” and deaths in March/April and the (apparent) similar spike now.

And ask yourself why the Govt has continued to refuse to answer what % of total tests being carried are these recorded ‘positive cases’, and is that % going up, down, or staying the same. More tests, more “cases“, perhaps, but not it now seems more deaths.

cashman 26-09-2020 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1245051)
If you genuinely believe more, and mandatory, testing is going to help us get out of this man-made mess then you can’t have been reading what many, many scientists and doctors (not computer modellers) have been writing and saying about just how unreliable is the PCR process, and how it is picking up all sorts of viral remnants that we all have all the time.
Take a look at this chart and ask yourself if you notice any difference between the spike of “cases” and deaths in March/April and the (apparent) similar spike now.

And ask yourself why the Govt has continued to refuse to answer what % of total tests being carried are these recorded ‘positive cases’, and is that % going up, down, or staying the same. More tests, more “cases“, perhaps, but not it now seems more deaths.

well its obvious there aint more deaths cos most now are younger.

Tom D 26-09-2020 11:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1245051)

Testing during March was on a much smaller scale than currently. The best estimates produced by ONS/Kings College is that there were around 100000 cases a day at that point. Therefore, the positive tests in March represented a vast underestimate of actual cases. Comparing the ratio of deaths to positive tests between now and 6 months ago isn't valid.

And deaths are increasing, that trend is clear. The rate of increase is around double every 8-10 days.

Most concerning is the number of admissions and patients ventilated within ICU. The number in ICU has doubled in 6 days. The knock on effect this has on the rest of the healthcare sector is vast, and much too complex to go into here. The overriding issue though is even with a modest increase in admissions to ICU/hospital, the net direct and indirect effect on morbidity and mortality is large. Also, unfortunately around half the patients who have been ventilated die based on experience in the UK.

Regardless of the specificity of the current testing regime, it is the best tool we have to help prevent ongoing transmission - short of imposing severe, vast restrictions on everyone's lives again.

With regards to getting fans back at football, there are no easy solutions. The solution certainly isn't no restrictions. It probably is something around very limited capacity, with additional support from centralised bodies, with risk mitigation through large scale population testing. I know that's rubbish for everyone, but it is the reality of our current situation.

andyd 26-09-2020 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom D (Post 1245054)
Testing during March was on a much smaller scale than currently. The best estimates produced by ONS/Kings College is that there were around 100000 cases a day at that point. Therefore, the positive tests in March represented a vast underestimate of actual cases. Comparing the ratio of deaths to positive tests between now and 6 months ago isn't valid.

And deaths are increasing, that trend is clear. The rate of increase is around double every 8-10 days.

Most concerning is the number of admissions and patients ventilated within ICU. The number in ICU has doubled in 6 days. The knock on effect this has on the rest of the healthcare sector is vast, and much too complex to go into here. The overriding issue though is even with a modest increase in admissions to ICU/hospital, the net direct and indirect effect on morbidity and mortality is large. Also, unfortunately around half the patients who have been ventilated die based on experience in the UK.

Regardless of the specificity of the current testing regime, it is the best tool we have to help prevent ongoing transmission - short of imposing severe, vast restrictions on everyone's lives again.

With regards to getting fans back at football, there are no easy solutions. The solution certainly isn't no restrictions. It probably is something around very limited capacity, with additional support from centralised bodies, with risk mitigation through large scale population testing. I know that's rubbish for everyone, but it is the reality of our current situation.

I was referring to football not the general public which brings me to now I am currently in Bury absolutely packed QC scanning codes all over haven't seen one person scanning one social distancing none existing in most areas especially the market and we can't go football pull the other one.

Chewbacca 26-09-2020 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1245056)
I was referring to football not the general public which brings me to now I am currently in Bury absolutely packed QC scanning codes all over haven't seen one person scanning one social distancing none existing in most areas especially the market and we can't go football pull the other one.

If that is the case then the rising deaths won't go away anytime soon and we won't get to see any football for the foreseeable.

Irresponsible people cramming into packed town centres and it isn't their fault, it is everyone else's.

The Womble PM said this would be cracked down on, however won't resource a crack down properly.

Exile on Spencer St 26-09-2020 13:02

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom D (Post 1245054)
...And deaths are increasing, that trend is clear. The rate of increase is around double every 8-10 days.

Ah, yes, numbers doubling. If Stanley win today their points will double, and if, like Whitty and Vallance did recently, we simply project that ‘doubling’ for the next few months they’ll already be promoted. But just what are the doubling numbers? Below is the most recent graph from ‘official’ sources.
Having said that, deaths may be increasing (they always tend to do as winter approaches) but we now seem to many times more likely to die from that nasty but non-media friendly annual virus - influenza.

Most concerning is the number of admissions and patients ventilated within ICU. The number in ICU has doubled in 6 days. ....

As for ventilators, it was known in NYC back in the Spring that ventilators we’re doing as much harm as good.
https://lockdownsceptics.org/how-eff...-ill-patients/

But, we all chose who (:rolleyes:) and what to believe.

Tom D 26-09-2020 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1245058)
As for ventilators, it was known in NYC back in the Spring that ventilators we’re doing as much harm as good.
https://lockdownsceptics.org/how-eff...-ill-patients/

But, we all chose who (:rolleyes:) and what to believe.

I am a specialist in Intensive Care and Respiratory Medicine, working at one of the biggest ICU's in North West.

Exile on Spencer St 26-09-2020 16:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom D (Post 1245059)
I am a specialist in Intensive Care and Respiratory Medicine, working at one of the biggest ICU's in North West.

Good for you, I wish you and your patients well.
But then doesn’t Neil Ferguson call himself a professor?

Reamer 27-09-2020 01:23

Xcuse me Exile, can i ask what you do ? what is your profession ? Are you an epidemiologist / scientist or from a medical background ?
I only ask because you jumped into this thread saying you ' just can't let this go' as though you have some revelationary expertise.
Please elaborate. We all take stock of the situation day by day. Tom D has stated where his expertise lies (and I cannot thank you enough Tom, for the work that you do) and yet your parting shot seems to imply mistrust in his claim.
Quote - 'But then doesn't Neil Ferguson call himself a professor ?'
Ironicly you keep calling Coleman 'Professor'. is he one ?

What do I do ?
Hill Farmer/ Shepherdess, semi skilled carpenter, welding, then moved to India bartending in Goa ( tequila, beer,gin,leaf, more beer)
proper job making bricks (eight years godawful). In between had a spell as a go go dancer (well I say a spell, it was one day.....err night)
and I spent time polishing Paul Simon's shoes during the recording of 'The Boxer'. Also been a paint sprayer and spent time on historical digs.
Other than that I have no special expertise but have reached an age when I can detect a warp weave.
Seriously though tell me what your point is. Are you trying to make us safe, aware or just stir up the mix. Either way , I think I'm probably with Tom D.

andyd 27-09-2020 12:36

A ray of light could be a financial package for lower league clubs announced this week put together by the premiership, also talks going on about new innovative testing with the absence of a vaccine with guick turnaround results giving customers a health passport admission which could lead to fans back.

monkey hanger 28-09-2020 08:13

[QUOTE=Chewbacca;1245057]I.

Irresponsible people cramming into packed town centres and it isn't their fault, it is everyone else's.

the thing is that people are not packing into town centres. just heard this morning that compared to pre virus leeds have only 23 per cent of that number and wakefield has done the best of west yorkshire towns with 47 per cent, cannot see things being that different the other side of the hill. never thought i,d say this but i actually miss going into shops with her in the kitchen. only thing that gets muzzled in my household is the dog at the vets.

andyd 28-09-2020 08:52

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1245128]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1245057)
I.

the thing is that people are not packing into town centres. just heard this morning that compared to pre virus leeds have only 23 per cent of that number and wakefield has done the best of west yorkshire towns with 47 per cent, cannot see things being that different the other side of the hill. never thought i,d say this but i actually miss going into shops with her in the kitchen. only thing that gets muzzled in my household is the dog at the vets.

Some town or village centers just aren't designed for social distancing we are just going to have to live with this thing or suffer more Draconian lockdowns, more reason we should be back at grounds.

cashman 28-09-2020 09:23

[QUOTE=andyd;1245132]
Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1245128)

Some town or village centers just aren't designed for social distancing we are just going to have to live with this thing or suffer more Draconian lockdowns, more reason we should be back at grounds.

Lockdowns are because of STUPID people blame them.

andyd 28-09-2020 09:58

[QUOTE=cashman;1245133]
Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1245132)
Lockdowns are because of STUPID people blame them.

The original lockdown was brought in by stupid people the government.

cashman 28-09-2020 10:04

[QUOTE=andyd;1245134]
Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1245133)

The original lockdown was brought in by stupid people the government.

Disagree no government had any idea what they were dealing with thats just an excuse as far as im concerned.

andyd 28-09-2020 10:18

Key details of letter sent to Oliver Dowden minister for sport:-
Without any plans being made to rescue football clubs many in the EFL and National League are now actively preparing to make all but essential staff redundant, cease playing close down thier youth academies and community foundations, and put thier business into administration. There is still time to act but not long left. It cannot be the Premiership,s sole responsibility.
Signed
Damien Collins MP
Charles Methen co owner Sunderland FC
Lord Friedman former chairman of FA
Lord Faulkner vice President National League
Lord Goddard Stockport
Malcolm Clarke chairman of FA.
There was more content just highlited the important in my view bits.

andyd 29-09-2020 09:41

For once I agree to a point with the premiership after months of spending large amounts of money on following government advice and guidance on creating safe environment,s for fans as have pubs, supermarket,s, shops, restaurant,s and hotels etc why suddenly pick on football and other sports and stop fans attending yet you can still visit any of the previous mentioned. They are now sticking together and will probably refuse to bail out the rest of football without a promise or U-turn on the decision on fans saying it's the government,s responsibility to bail out the rest. Could be a very crucial few days in what will shape our future of football.

andyd 29-09-2020 15:39

Going more insane by the day just been announced Saturday,s Fa cup games are allowed fans both home and away supporters if your 2 non elite clubs, if you are a non elite club hosting an elite club home fans only, elite club at home no fans. As Accrington are an elite club we must all be regarded as super spreaders.

Twenty Eight 29-09-2020 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1245161)
Going more insane by the day just been announced Saturday,s Fa cup games are allowed fans both home and away supporters if your 2 non elite clubs, if you are a non elite club hosting an elite club home fans only, elite club at home no fans. As Accrington are an elite club we must all be regarded as super spreaders.

Andy,
I think you need to read it again.

Fans of National League North and South clubs will be unable to attend their team's FA Cup second qualifying round matches this weekend.

The Football Association has announced details of the "agreed position" for admitting spectators following discussions with the government.

Games being hosted by sixth-tier clubs will be played behind closed doors.

Meanwhile, only home fans are allowed at ties where sixth-tier teams are the visitors to clubs below that level.

For matches in which both teams are below the sixth tier, supporters of both the home and visiting teams are permitted to attend.

The FA says the position "will be reviewed again" before the third qualifying round.

What's this got to do with us ?