Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Covid and Fixtures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/covid-and-fixtures-71446.html)

AccyMad 05-03-2021 19:42

Re: Covid and Fixtures

When all the schools go back en masse next week it'll kick start another massive spike, just as it did in September. There should have been a phased return - anything else is madness

monkey hanger 06-03-2021 08:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1251197)
When all the schools go back en masse next week it'll kick start another massive spike, just as it did in September. There should have been a phased return - anything else is madness

they need to get the kids back to school. its a price we need to take if we are ever going to get back to normal. kids at home permanently is not normal. more madness is allowing people in and out of the country just for something that really is not a necessity a foreign holiday. that includes them coming here also.

andyd 06-03-2021 08:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1251209)
they need to get the kids back to school. its a price we need to take if we are ever going to get back to normal. kids at home permanently is not normal. more madness is allowing people in and out of the country just for something that really is not a necessity a foreign holiday. that includes them coming here also.

Kids back at school is a necessity before they become feral your entire future not just educational but socially are shaped by your formative years especially with your peers at school and play, as for things like foreign holidays let's walk before we run every aspect of society has probably suffered some financial hit but gradually opening things is the way.

monkey hanger 06-03-2021 09:47

[QUOTE=andyd;1251211, as for things like foreign holidays let's walk before we run every aspect of society has probably suffered some financial hit but gradually opening things is the way.[/QUOTE]

for me all holidays are classed as a luxury people can do without anyway especially abroad. even pubs are more important as its a place you can meet people away from work. meeting people is important for the majority of us all and its not compulsory to get blind drunk in them. plus meeting inside and not outside like they promise. i still be cold and wet in may and stood around chatting with your rain or overcoat on is not ideal.

AccyMad 06-03-2021 11:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1251209)

I didn't say don't get them back in, just not all at the same time as we are doing - staggering their returns would have helped to stem the floodgates from opening

cashman 06-03-2021 11:22

wait and see im sure yer wrong.

andyd 07-03-2021 16:31

Rangers have won the Scottish title big deal good for them but does it really excuse the need for thousands to gather ," celebrating " so risking lockdown exit on time sorry absolutely no excuses.

monkey hanger 08-03-2021 09:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1251305)
Rangers have won the Scottish title big deal good for them but does it really excuse the need for thousands to gather ," celebrating " so risking lockdown exit on time sorry absolutely no excuses.

just find stuff like that really pointless and only gives ammunition for the governments to keep their restrictions on us even longer. its going to happen in manchester anyway shortly unless city make a mess of it. if you could attend live it would be a far different matter but we/they cannot so why do people do it.

andyd 08-03-2021 09:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1251315)
just find stuff like that really pointless and only gives ammunition for the governments to keep their restrictions on us even longer. its going to happen in manchester anyway shortly unless city make a mess of it. if you could attend live it would be a far different matter but we/they cannot so why do people do it.

Basically in my opinion they are brain-dead selfish barstewards.

VALAIRIAN 10-05-2021 16:47

Just a pity that they could not have delayed the end of the season for the lower leagues..................... :(

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/57062288

Might have been the one and only time that we were able to see some players play in the flesh.......

:) :) :)

andyd 14-06-2021 07:38

With the likelihood of the news being today of a further month before all restrictions are lifted, and then there are no guarantees it takes us to just 2 weeks before the new season. Wonder what the stance will be now on when season tickets will go on sale, it doesn't leave anyone much time.

pifco 14-06-2021 08:17

Was thinking the same andy and I presume that there will be a great deal of wondering over what to do about season tickets and when to do it by those in charge at the ground.

cashman 14-06-2021 08:34

i wont be wondering mate 2 weeks or not, soon as they are available im getting mine.

monkey hanger 14-06-2021 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1254539)
i wont be wondering mate 2 weeks or not, soon as they are available im getting mine.

you might as well get one if you are going to most if not all games. the worst thing that can happen is that next season will be like the last and the club would refund you anyway if you wish. there is no reason for the club or anyone to delay stuff no matter what johnson says today or in a months time.

cashman 14-06-2021 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1254540)
you might as well get one if you are going to most if not all games. the worst thing that can happen is that next season will be like the last and the club would refund you anyway if you wish. there is no reason for the club or anyone to delay stuff no matter what johnson says today or in a months time.

i reckon it will be when the fixtures are out?