Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Covid and Fixtures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/covid-and-fixtures-71446.html)

cashman 02-01-2021 15:24

Re: Covid and Fixtures

just heard the E.F.L. are going to instruct all clubs in the 3 divisions are going to be told they must test players twice a week. about time they got off their arses and did something imho.

Lord Stiffupperlip 02-01-2021 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1248648)
just heard the E.F.L. are going to instruct all clubs in the 3 divisions are going to be told they must test players twice a week. about time they got off their arses and did something imho.

Suppose it makes em look good but then - they don't have to pay for it!

cashman 02-01-2021 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip (Post 1248649)
Suppose it makes em look good but then - they don't have to pay for it!

exactly what i thought, but it does need doing imho.

andyd 02-01-2021 16:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1248650)
exactly what i thought, but it does need doing imho.

Clubs have been in this position before average squad size not counting under 21,s is 28 in league 1 and 26 in league 2 at £125 a pop twice a week work it out its costly, it does need doing but surely in these unprecedented times there should be some help with costs.

cashman 02-01-2021 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248651)
Clubs have been in this position before average squad size not counting under 21,s is 28 in league 1 and 26 in league 2 at £125 a pop twice a week work it out its costly, it does need doing but surely in these unprecedented times there should be some help with costs.

personally i think the E.F.L. should finance it.

Mr T 02-01-2021 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1248648)

Where's that come from ???

All clubs are testing next week and nothing more (unless symptons showing) is being mentioned

The EFL got £50 million from the PL in December (thank you) but over the summer the Govt told them to give the EFL £250 million

Mr T 02-01-2021 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1248655)
personally i think the E.F.L. should finance it.

Cashy and all;

The EFL is owned by the 72 member clubs (equally)

If the EFL were to fund anything extra; the clubs would get less cash.

Due to a lack of income from all sources the EFL can't even guess at what we'll get next year

VALAIRIAN 02-01-2021 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 1248657)

All clubs are testing next week and nothing more (unless symptons showing) is being mentioned

The EFL got £50 million from the PL in December (thank you) but over the summer the Govt told them to give the EFL £250 million

I have heard it somewhere today Mr.T, would not like to guess - but I will - I think it was on S.S.N!? :)

:) :) :)

VALAIRIAN 02-01-2021 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 1248658)
Cashy and all;

The EFL is owned by the 72 member clubs (equally)

If the EFL were to fund anything extra; the clubs would get less cash.

Due to a lack of income from all sources the EFL can't even guess at what we'll get next year

Cheers for that Mr.T, never looked at it that way before mate :)

:) :) :)

andyd 02-01-2021 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 1248657)

Yes I believe that's the scheduled test because it's FA cup weekend and the premiership are in round 3, looking at positive,s showing up doubt wether many games will go ahead when testing everyone, unless you have 14 players not positive or isolating.

andyd 02-01-2021 18:07

Is it not possible to use the cheaper 15 minutes turn around tests on the players maybe once in the week and pre-match or will the EFL or the medical teams not allow them?

Taypot 02-01-2021 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by anmc (Post 1248598)
Portsmouth fan on Twitter thinks they should get the three points, we don't have under pitch heating, or we are scared to play them??

We are scared of nobody - we drink milk!

Crown Grounder 02-01-2021 22:12

The twice weekly Covid testing requirement for all teams in he EFL was reported as a decision on the EFL highlights show on Quest tonight at about 10.05pm. They said the decision had been made by the EFL.

Crown Grounder 02-01-2021 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1248680)
The twice weekly Covid testing requirement for all teams in he EFL was reported as a decision on the EFL highlights show on Quest tonight at about 10.05pm. They said the decision had been made by the EFL.

Just checked EFL website. There is nothing about twice weekly testing on the EFL website, so don't know where Quest have got the information from?

monkey hanger 03-01-2021 09:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1248680)

honestly i cannot see why there is so much tie and expense going onto this testing. you get tested say on friday and you are clear. there is nothing stopping you picking up the virus once away from the testing centre anyway, and like many people you have had the virus and not knew you had it. its not as if the test is 100 per cent accurate in the first place.